• Cahill (sub)
    • Falcao (sub)
    • Mikel (sub)

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We really shouldn't be negative after getting 3 massive points today. There was a lot of positives like Costa looking like Costa again, Hazard and his one man time killing technique on display, Zouma the man mountain in the back, and of course.... WHAT A DEBUT!!!

The grit and determination it took for the team to hang on and win after going down to 10 men for the second time in 3 games is very encouraging as well. We showed great resolve, had we drew or lost that game it would've been early crisis time. Glad the boys hung in there, this will only build character.

Matic and Cesc need to sort it out.

Willian was equally as poor as the aforementioned.

Brana looks too afraid to get tight to his man and because of that needs to be dropped. No confidence on the right flank.

Strange nobody raised an eyebrow about Ramires being left out of the squad... He would've been a perfect sub for Cesc in the second half I thought.

Mikel came on and played well too.

Courtois' pen save was so crucial.

Hardly a sending off though. that sort of stuff happens all the time.

Was a clear sending off and a situation he should have used his experience to know better. At first I thought it was soft. Second glance, you can see he took hold off his shirt for a few seconds. Thanks God we saw that game out. Will be interesting to see how we cope without Terry from the off considering he did not miss a game for us last season in the league.

Just back from the game.... that was a mixed bag.. some good performances and some pretty poor ones. Sorry to say but JT has been run ragged again today by someone with pace, Ivan was poor too as was Fabragas who kept giving the ball away. On the plus side Pedro and costa were awesome. Hazard and willian were good. thought willian in the No 10 roll was quite good just wish he could score.

The support was superb.

Him getting spun completely for their second goal?

All of their chances came from the left as well.

not true. In the first half, they attacked much more on Azpi's side than Iva's. That said I can't stand Iva playing for us anymore. He's a walking liability

Decided to come from my avoidance to the forum to praise Pedro. What a player. As a cule, I hated him almost as much as I hated Cesc, and just like the first, I'm coming to love him really fast. In most cases, I automatically associate the word cunt to any Barça player, so yeah, my hate is unfounded.

What a difference a player with a working brain makes! And Iva wasn't any further exposed because in addition to thinking, dribbling, having pace, Pedro also works his socks off. I didn't read beyond the third page (or the post I quoted) or anything else on the forum, but I haven't seen in other places or in the few posts I read here, people commentating on how he improved our pressing 10 times fold. He aced it under Pep and he showed he can still do it wonderfully. How many times has he tacked, blocked, or forced an error from opposition to recover possession for us in the attacking half? A considerable number if I might add.

Nothing wrong with Willian (except his inability to assist, score or do anything relevant at the edge and especially inside the box - which makes the idea of him being our best #10 laughable, but well, just different opinions) who's clearly still far from his best form, but he was the down side to our attack today. Costa made a few mistakes, but looked lively and dangerous, Hazard (who also missed an easy goal, although not a sitter as Willian) was more involved and Pedro was superb. An in form Oscar or Willian and our attack looks really dangerous (when will Mourinho stop insisting on Falcao? Even when the match was all designed for a player with Remy's pace and who's already proved himself in the past, Mourinho insists on his stupid and egomaniac attempt to make Falcao a star again... that's unfair, and there's only so much we can mildly complain about it, I was afraid he was going to be the reason for us dropping points today).

I see a lot of people throwing stones on Cesc. While he was poor defensively, I saw the glimpses of the player from last season with the through balls and amazing vision. He's still out of form, he needs more matches under his belt, and he will never be a defensive prowess, but can we really talk only about him or mainly about him when we look like a league 1 (not even championship sides defend as bad as we do) when defending? Azpili was much better today than lately, but he's still not there yet. Matic has a whole world to improve. Cahill, Terry, Zouma all made mistakes, some small some big in those three matches and I refuse to comment on Iva. I can't wait until the time comes when he's not a regular starter for us and it gives me hope the board is refusing to give him further than one season contract as his current deal ends at the end of the season.

We look clueless defensively, like we can't even do the basic well anymore. Every cross on our box - especially on set pieces leaves me with my heart on my mouth. We look shaky, vulnerable and easily beaten defensively except for our keepers who have showed some great work in those three matches.

We need reinforcements, and we need them fast. I don't care if it's John bloody Stones or not. We need more depth and actually quality to start there. I hope we haven't put all our eggs in one basket as Everton seem adamant on not selling, but we can't go another season with those four. Only Zouma and Azpili are long term options and until we ace our defensive system again, Terry's slowness will continue to be exposed in a bad fashion, even if he's one of the best CBs in the world. Iva has to leave the team and so does Cahill and against fast attacks Terry. We need a reliable CB. José will never change 3/5 of our defense in one single season, but Iva, Cahill and Terry (JT only depending on the opposition) need to start making their way for better players. We overachieved defensively with those guys basically because Matic was incredibly effective protecting them, but also because we were lucky. We need to stop compromising the team fluidity (and right now even results) because of our reluctance in replacing soldiers that served us great well in the past, but that aren't that good anymore (Terry is still good, but only works well against some kind of teams).

Really happy for Pedro and I hope the huge amount of goals, the numerous saves by our keepers and chances wasted by opposition will make the board and the club react about the defense the same way they reacted about Pedro. I said many times I didn't see much need of getting a better winger, but how wrong have I been. I have no doubt we still need a CM and CB - which have been the position I've been crying out for signings since the window is open.

Pedro is a boss. Looked like he's been us for a couple of seasons. He's the RW we've been missing - the one with combination of skilful technique and clinical finishing, I really hope he is as consistent for us as he was for Barcelona.

Tibo is a boss as well. The presence he possesses along with his goalkeeping qualities are simply ridiculous for his age.

Also, Diego, Hazard, Zouma & Azpilicueta deserve a mention. The others need to realise they're playing for the Champions of England.

SUPERB AWAY SUPPORT! That's what I enjoyed most of the match. The spirit & the singing the lads displayed was amazing, impeccable. It was as like the team has been on a win-streak since the beginning of the season.

Perfect way to start the week. Going to work buzzing as well :dance: