• Mikel (sub)

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Positives:

1. WE FINALLY WON AT WEST BROM!

2. Superb debut from Pedro. Displayed all the qualities that we have been crying out for - direct, pace, shooting, workrate, strength all in one player.

3. Costa is looking back to his best again, got better as the game wore on and glad he scored his first goal of the season. Could easily have had a hat-trick though with better finishing/luck.

4. Courtois, Hazard and Azpi all great too (what the hell was Azpi doing up there for the goal?! :lol:)

Negatives:

1. Defensively, we were a shambles again...for the third game running! What have we been doing in training? We have conceded 7 goals this season. Only Sunderland have let in more (8)!

2. Where to begin with Ivanovic? Yet another appalling performance where he made the same mistakes again - no awareness of players around him, letting crosses into box, getting beat 1-on-1 way too easily. Would have expected some improvement if Mourinho was going to keep on playing him! :doh:

3. Speaking of Ivanovic, his compatriot Matic has gone AWOL too. He's becoming a liability defensively (even worse with Fabregas beside him) and almost Mikel-esque going forward - takes ages to make a simple pass.

4. Why do we keep on making life difficult for ouselves? Got the second red card in 3 games this term, third in the last 5. We're not going to win many games if we keep on pressing the self destruct button

Our CMs need to wake up, Matic and Fabregas were awful today. Absolutely awful. They're looking like Championship players at the moment. These guys were the best CM pairing in the league last season.

Don't blame Matic for Cesc's shitty play.

I don't blame Matic for not playing as well as he can recently since he has had to do the work of two men defensively. Cesc with his play recently would be lucky to make the starting 11 of WBA.

We're currently the only team in the top half of the table on negative goal difference!

:ph34r:

Mou effect.

Seriously we have been absolute shit at defending indeed. I didnt expect that from a team that played defensive football for two years under Mou. I would expect us to improve by now, but its the opposite.

Don't blame Matic for Cesc's shitty play.

I don't blame Matic for not playing as well as he can recently since he has had to do the work of two men defensively. Cesc with his play recently would be lucky to make the starting 11 of WBA.

I'm not blaming Matic for Cesc. I'm blaming Matic for Matic. They're both struggling.

Mou effect.

Seriously we have been absolute shit at defending indeed. I didnt expect that from a team that played defensive football for two years under Mou. I would expect us to improve by now, but its the opposite.

We played too defensive and our defenders have forgotten how to defend when we don't park the bus