test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

MrBlueGuy

Who will be the next Chelsea manager?

Started by MrBlueGuy,

Who should be Chelsea's next permanent manager?   264 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be Chelsea's next permanent manager?

• Luis Enrique
    • Thomas Tuchel
    • Carlo Ancelotti
    • Guus Hiddink
    • Maurizio Sarri
    • Diego Simeone
    • Max Allegri
    • Brendan Rodgers
    • Other

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3,063 posts in this topic
6 hours ago, Henrique said:

Conte has zero % chance of staying as the manager for next season. If he is the manager on sunday, that probably means Chelsea is waiting for him to get another job and avoid paying the money Conte is looking for. 

I can't seem them waiting that long.  The PSG job is gone.  We dick around with transfers, but we've generally been on top of managerial appointments.  I don't see the club putting themselves in a position where everything is on hold because they are waiting for him to (maybe) find a new job.  He has very little motivation to do so.

1 minute ago, Special Juan said:

Sarri staying at Napoli by the sounds of it.

Dunno mate. That chat with his board was always coming with his contract coming up. And De L being anti Sarri in the press cant have made him too chuffed.

And suppose we helped his negotiations alot if he was to stay.

How pleased we would all be if them north London scum ended up with a potentially better manager than us!

I see Conte staying, players desterting like rats and TalkChelsea going into meltdown mode.

54 hours and counting

Unless he absolutely signs a contract, we are still in the background. I don't see where he takes that Napoli side tbh, especially if they lose Jorginho and a couple others which has been rumoured. 

3 hours ago, Pizy said:

Just offer Poch a Pep or Mou-like salary, a lengthy contract, and tell him he's completely safe in his job for the duration of it no matter what happens. Allow him time to do for us what he's done at Spuds - develop a great style of play that's both solid defensively and exciting going forward, improve and coach up players to fulfil their potential, and integrate young players.

I think if we were to show to him that we are more ambitious in the market than Daniel Levy is he'd consider it. That's the biggest problem, though. 

Compared to Levy we still look like our 2004 selves as far as the market is concerned :lol:

17 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Rumoured that Laurent Blanc has been interviewed. 

I hope not. I'd even have Enrique ahead of him.

From other reports Ive read hes having another meeting with De L in 24 hours. But these are main headlines type.

Maurizio Sarri signs one-year contract extension with Napoli?

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/chelsea/news/sarri-signs-napoli-contract-extension_326140.html

I'm sure that even his biggest haters would prefer Conte over fuckin Brenda comming!!!

Fulham Broadway likes this

48 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Rumoured that Laurent Blanc has been interviewed. 

If we're getting to that position with regards to the pool of managers we can pick from, I'd far rather take a punt on someone perhaps less proven, higher risk but potentially higher reward. The type of thing Spurs did by appointing Pochettino.

For example someone like Jokanovic. Fulham play some seriously good football in a brave, attacking manner. Laurent Blanc would fill me with no excitement and hope whatsoever.

Fulham Broadway and Fernando like this

I really wish we would reach out to Julian Nagelsmann, He is young, progressive & worked wonders in the german league. He might not take the job but I would love for us to try.

silviupastean likes this

Moyes and Fat Sam are available.

Go for Simeone, I hear people craving a Diego Costa attitude on the pitch, lets get a lunatic in charge who fucks off the slackers who fight for their lives and that die on the pitch for him.

Unionjack likes this

2 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Moyes and Fat Sam are available.

Go for Simeone, I hear people craving a Diego Costa attitude on the pitch, lets get a lunatic in charge who fucks off the slackers who fight for their lives and that die on the pitch for him.

Conte started like that.  We broke him.  We break them all.  That's why we can't have nice things.

zekinjo and 11Drogba like this

Just now, Sideshow Luiz said:

Conte started like that.  We broke him.  We break them all.  That's why we can't have nice things.

I was hoping more like Simeone comes in and punches the board members.

Fernando and Unionjack like this

42 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

I was hoping more like Simeone comes in and punches the board members.

YESSSSS!!!

I'm thinking as the Dons got 1 year left yeah??? So he will see it out and Sarri has been told this so will take the 1 year extra then come next summer.

Sounds feasible.

The names going around now:  Aside from Jardim which would signal a completely different direction as a club, not just in style of play, but in regards to our transfer and youth policy, the other names don't give me any excitement, would rather stick with Conte.  If the the board keep him, they know he's going to moan all year unless they give him some pieces in the window, so not terrible.  The other names are Arteta-level exciting.

Also, when we got Conte, Sampaoli was a strong contender, why is he not anymore?  Clubs do this with transfers too.  Madrid had reportedly bought De Gea, but there was a fax problem.  Okay, 2-3 more windows have passed, if everyone was keen, why hasn't it happened?  

1 hour ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

The names going around now:  Aside from Jardim which would signal a completely different direction as a club, not just in style of play, but in regards to our transfer and youth policy, the other names don't give me any excitement, would rather stick with Conte.  If the the board keep him, they know he's going to moan all year unless they give him some pieces in the window, so not terrible.  The other names are Arteta-level exciting.

Also, when we got Conte, Sampaoli was a strong contender, why is he not anymore?  Clubs do this with transfers too.  Madrid had reportedly bought De Gea, but there was a fax problem.  Okay, 2-3 more windows have passed, if everyone was keen, why hasn't it happened?  

Sampaoli manages Argentina i think mate.

A lot o names being linked with the job. But if the job is advertised as "Head Coach" and not "Manager" I dont think we will draw the better candidates. A new guy, with a proven record, will wish to build his own side and not have players that are bought by the board dumped on him. If the likes of Enrique comes in, he will want full control on transfers, and after our disastrous dealings in the market this year who would blame him