test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

MrBlueGuy

Next Manager?

Started by MrBlueGuy,

6,422 posts in this topic
35 minutes ago, Vybz Kartel said:

I am going to take off my blue tinted glasses and say what some people are afraid to say because they fear the back lash. Frank Lampard is not good enough to be the manager of Chelsea at the moment, he is only getting the role due to nepotism and his name, if you are going to be getting a Chelsea man why not appoint Steve Holland who was with the club for more than 10 years and is very experienced. This is a publicity stunt from the board again to get season ticket holders to buy tickets in what will potentially be a terrible season due to the board's mishandling of the club. (The transfer ban is clearly the board's fault, after the Kakuta incident how the fuck did we get ourselves back into the same mess? These are questions I dont hear the main stream media question) The club and every dog in the street knew the transfer ban was coming, Hazard was leaving and our squad was not good enough and they didnt invest during the January transfer window, another massive fuck up no one is asking. Frank Lampard is being led to the slaughter house under the impression of playing the youth, the simple fact is our youth 70% of them are not good enough to play for a club like Chelsea that is supposed to be in the Champ League semi final every season. I love  Frank Lampard's but he has no credentials to be taking over at Chelsea, had the club looked into appointing Gus Poyet or Javi Garcia there would have been an uproar. He might eventually be good enough for Chelsea but he simply isn't right now and he is being appointed as a token. His Derby was outplayed in the Championship by Marcelo Bielsa's Leeds for example, so why not appoint Bielsa? I bet you Rafa will take over either before the season ends or start of next season. You can not teach an old dog new tricks, if we lose 12-15 games there is no way Roman keeps his patience. He fired Di Mateo after 3 months having led us to our best ever night. We are pretty much reliving 2013 again again expect this time we are transfer banned. (Remember the positivity created by Mourinho's return?) In addition, the reason Sarri left is because he wasnt really backed by the board as well as the impending transfer ban. he knew he had overachieved and the only way was down after last season, I doubt he would have left if we had given him full backing and if we were not transfer banned. The man chose to destroy his Napoli legacy just to get out of Chelsea for crying out loud.  I know its a hard pill to swallow, but if you take off your blue tinted glasses for a minute you will realize whats going on. 

True point. About Bielsa, that guy is a master. Lampard is just starting. 

One thing I like about Lampard is his mental ability to learn quickly. I'm sure he would have learned a lot from those encounter with Bielsa. 

That being said the fact that many youth are wanting to stay is a positive. Because for AGES and I mean ages I been wanting a manger that will do youth. 

Even if we crash and burn I will be happy with that. I remember wanting a manager that will do just that since after RDM. But instead we went for big names in Mourinho, Conte and Sarri. And by that we got stuck with dead wood and lost time on youth. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vybz Kartel said:

I am going to take off my blue tinted glasses and say what some people are afraid to say because they fear the back lash. Frank Lampard is not good enough to be the manager of Chelsea at the moment, he is only getting the role due to nepotism and his name, if you are going to be getting a Chelsea man why not appoint Steve Holland who was with the club for more than 10 years and is very experienced. This is a publicity stunt from the board again to get season ticket holders to buy tickets in what will potentially be a terrible season due to the board's mishandling of the club. (The transfer ban is clearly the board's fault, after the Kakuta incident how the fuck did we get ourselves back into the same mess? These are questions I dont hear the main stream media question) The club and every dog in the street knew the transfer ban was coming, Hazard was leaving and our squad was not good enough and they didnt invest during the January transfer window, another massive fuck up no one is asking. Frank Lampard is being led to the slaughter house under the impression of playing the youth, the simple fact is our youth 70% of them are not good enough to play for a club like Chelsea that is supposed to be in the Champ League semi final every season. I love  Frank Lampard's but he has no credentials to be taking over at Chelsea, had the club looked into appointing Gus Poyet or Javi Garcia there would have been an uproar. He might eventually be good enough for Chelsea but he simply isn't right now and he is being appointed as a token. His Derby was outplayed in the Championship by Marcelo Bielsa's Leeds for example, so why not appoint Bielsa? I bet you Rafa will take over either before the season ends or start of next season. You can not teach an old dog new tricks, if we lose 12-15 games there is no way Roman keeps his patience. He fired Di Mateo after 3 months having led us to our best ever night. We are pretty much reliving 2013 again again expect this time we are transfer banned. (Remember the positivity created by Mourinho's return?) In addition, the reason Sarri left is because he wasnt really backed by the board as well as the impending transfer ban. he knew he had overachieved and the only way was down after last season, I doubt he would have left if we had given him full backing and if we were not transfer banned. The man chose to destroy his Napoli legacy just to get out of Chelsea for crying out loud.  I know its a hard pill to swallow, but if you take off your blue tinted glasses for a minute you will realize whats going on. 

Whats wrong with that mate? This is as good a time as any to throw a publicity stunt. Transfer ban, academy as good as its ever been, results have been okay. Why not spend a year or two raising money and excitement around Chelsea with a publicity stunt? 

I think this is a better option than sitting on our arses for a year waiting for a transfer ban. Great to build excitement around a season which would otherwise be dull. Steve Holland is great but he wouldnt create the same type of buzz that Lamps will.

What you probably should do is take off your pessimism glasses and hold on to your hat and get ready for a wacky season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Bosnian Blue said:

Thats all good but what if he succeeds? What will you say then?

My word some people can't even support Frank Lampard. Of course he is here because of his status, he has given so much to this club, hell he played a few days after his mother died. It is now time for the club to give little bit back and present him with a decent opportunity to prove himself as a manager.

 

It's not like we won't support him as manager. We're realists. Good vibes and memories don't translate to a good coach. It's not like we are going to be unhappy  if he wins. But if shit hits the fan because we relied on youth in a premier league with a reinvigorated City, Liverpool and Spurs, we can't his our heads in the sand. 

Vybz Kartel likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 'There is no-one better than Frank... it's the right time for him to come home': John Terry backs Lampard to succeed at Chelsea... and says he's the man to bring through a new era of academy stars

 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7183813/John-Terry-backs-close-friend-Lampard-prosper-Chelsea-manager.html

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bosnian Blue said:

Thats all good but what if he succeeds? What will you say then?

My word some people can't even support Frank Lampard. Of course he is here because of his status, he has given so much to this club, hell he played a few days after his mother died. It is now time for the club to give little bit back and present him with a decent opportunity to prove himself as a manager.

 

What a load of tosh, were supposed to be a top team not some charity experience for managers and players. Bar CHO, RLC and James rest aren't even Chelsea level yet somehow complain about lack of chances, if you are good enough you play but it's a fact no manager thinks any of them are up to it as Mourinho, Conte, Sarri showed bar the few exception here and there.

Vybz Kartel likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Vybz Kartel said:

I am going to take off my blue tinted glasses and say what some people are afraid to say because they fear the back lash. Frank Lampard is not good enough to be the manager of Chelsea at the moment, he is only getting the role due to nepotism and his name, if you are going to be getting a Chelsea man why not appoint Steve Holland who was with the club for more than 10 years and is very experienced. This is a publicity stunt from the board again to get season ticket holders to buy tickets in what will potentially be a terrible season due to the board's mishandling of the club. (The transfer ban is clearly the board's fault, after the Kakuta incident how the fuck did we get ourselves back into the same mess? These are questions I dont hear the main stream media question) The club and every dog in the street knew the transfer ban was coming, Hazard was leaving and our squad was not good enough and they didnt invest during the January transfer window, another massive fuck up no one is asking. Frank Lampard is being led to the slaughter house under the impression of playing the youth, the simple fact is our youth 70% of them are not good enough to play for a club like Chelsea that is supposed to be in the Champ League semi final every season. I love  Frank Lampard's but he has no credentials to be taking over at Chelsea, had the club looked into appointing Gus Poyet or Javi Garcia there would have been an uproar. He might eventually be good enough for Chelsea but he simply isn't right now and he is being appointed as a token. His Derby was outplayed in the Championship by Marcelo Bielsa's Leeds for example, so why not appoint Bielsa? I bet you Rafa will take over either before the season ends or start of next season. You can not teach an old dog new tricks, if we lose 12-15 games there is no way Roman keeps his patience. He fired Di Mateo after 3 months having led us to our best ever night. We are pretty much reliving 2013 again again expect this time we are transfer banned. (Remember the positivity created by Mourinho's return?) In addition, the reason Sarri left is because he wasnt really backed by the board as well as the impending transfer ban. he knew he had overachieved and the only way was down after last season, I doubt he would have left if we had given him full backing and if we were not transfer banned. The man chose to destroy his Napoli legacy just to get out of Chelsea for crying out loud.  I know its a hard pill to swallow, but if you take off your blue tinted glasses for a minute you will realize whats going on. 

I don't think anybody is ignoring the risks involved in this, particularly his inexperience. 

I can't talk for others who want Lampard here but for me I feel he is the best choice for what the club needs at present.

We no longer have the financial advantage we used to have over other teams which could mask over and write off transfer mistakes. Although we can still compete towards the top end of the market, many more teams can too and with the wicked inflation in transfer fees over the last couple of seasons the margin for error is much slimmer. 

The advantage we have over other teams is the quality of our academy. It's the best in the country and amongst the very best across the world, the proof is in the success at all youth levels. The last 12-18 months has started to show that there are opportunities out there, away from the big Premier League teams and we have to be careful that we don't start losing these talents. CHO wanted out last season, Castillo planned to leave this summer, Bulka has joined PSG. Talent is being lost because of a disconnect between first team and academy and the lack of a pathway.

We have to start tapping into this properly because not only should it be making us much more money with players not quite good enough for Chelsea, but should be saving us millions in transfer fees to rebuild our squad. It's easy to write players off as not being good enough but Loftus-Cheek is an example of not writing players off too quickly. Many Chelsea fans didn't think he was good enough and his level was more of a mid table side like Palace. At the end of the season before his injury he had established himself as one of our most important players. Some young players just need a platform and a manager that believes in them.

Not all players are going to work out, but some could prove to be a pleasantly surprising success. At the moment we have gaps in our first team, let alone our squad but what if somebody like Reece James or Castillo come through next season in the full back spots? What if CHO comes back from injury and takes over from Hazard? What if Abraham proves to be a striker who can score 15-20 goals in the league? I'm not expecting all of those things to happen but even if just one did, the club is set to save millions not having to spend big money in that position the following summer. It helps to refresh the squad with a young talent and on top of that the club continues to break the idea that there is no pathway to the first team at Chelsea.

Even if some of these players prove not to be quite first choice quality but can establish themselves as good enough within the squad that too could be a huge bonus as it will mean the club no longer needs to spend big money on squad players (Zappacosta) and/or filling homegrown requirements (Drinkwater). This leaves a bigger budget to focus purely on top first choice quality and allows non-homegrown players to be of a higher quality too instead of simply squad filler.

It's important not to ignore the role Jody Morris can play in this too. A team of somebody who knows these players better than anyone and has spent considerable time coaching them coupled with a manager prepared to give them chances should help with all of the above. We could have identified a safer, more experienced appointment but how prepared would they have been to look at the long term of the club and blood younger players or would they have simply placed their faith in the safe options already within the squad, leaving us in a position next summer to what we are now. I'm far more confident that Lampard will be prepared to build things in a slower, steadier way which creates an opportunity for younger players to come through. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Nicco said:

What a load of tosh, were supposed to be a top team not some charity experience for managers and players. Bar CHO, RLC and James rest aren't even Chelsea level yet somehow complain about lack of chances, if you are good enough you play but it's a fact no manager thinks any of them are up to it as Mourinho, Conte, Sarri showed bar the few exception here and there.

I am pretty sure you've never kicked a football in your life based on this post. That is enough for me not to go any further in to discussion.

Thought it will be very interesting if Frank does a good job, to read some of these footballing experts' opinions and analysis.

bigbluewillie and Vesper like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bosnian Blue said:

I am pretty sure you've never kicked a football in your life based on this post. That is enough for me not to go any further in to discussion.

Thought it will be very interesting if Frank does a good job, to read some of these footballing experts' opinions and analysis.

I am very happy we are signing Lamps for our manager. I will have loads of patience.

The fucked up state of the club has been years in the making.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Bosnian Blue said:

I am pretty sure you've never kicked a football in your life based on this post. That is enough for me not to go any further in to discussion.

Thought it will be very interesting if Frank does a good job, to read some of these footballing experts' opinions and analysis.

I'm pretty certain I can advertise to your football knowledge considering your bashing of Sarri and how everything was luck for him according to you. Talking about our coach that he couldn't handle the pace and physicality whereas his best wing back assets consisted of Alonso and Azpi, albeit his best strikers were Giroud and Higuain. 

I shouldn't be surprised since some of you still think we can challenge for the title with Azpi and Alonso and it was only because of Sarri's tactical ineptitude that didn't happen, I sure hope you will be buzzing over Lampard's appointment by the end of next season otherwise I can already see the backpedaling becoming a some sort of routine here.

Costa19 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good one, guys ... some really good perspective in the past posters specially from Vybz Kartel, Superblue_1986, Jason... worth reading & understanding different views ... :clap:

Fulham Broadway likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

I don't think anybody is ignoring the risks involved in this, particularly his inexperience. 

I can't talk for others who want Lampard here but for me I feel he is the best choice for what the club needs at present.

 

8 hours ago, Vesper said:

I am very happy we are signing Lamps for our manager. I will have loads of patience.

The fucked up state of the club has been years in the making.

It's easy to sit here and say 'Lampard isn't ready for the job', 'We should hire a more experienced manager' etc but in reality, which manager out there would want to take this job right now? Which manager is exactly the right one for us? As everyone has repeatedly pointed out, we're in a difficult situation - our best player has just left, we can't sign players in the next two transfer windows. The job, in our current situation, is difficult for anyone who takes over. Hiring a manager solely because he has more experience than Lampard doesn't quite cut it and quite frankly, some of the other names we've been linked with are underwhelming (e.g. Gracia, Blanc). Lampard might not have the experience like some of the others at this point but he does appear to tick some of the other boxes and more importantly, as long as he has a clear idea of what he wants to do, not afraid to change when things aren't working, learn from mistakes, adapt to different situations etc, then I think he would do just fine. IF the worst scenario happens, then he'll just let be go at the end of the season and the next fella will have the transfer window to spend and improve the squad. 

Vesper likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ultimately we need to tap into our best youth. Results wise we have the best set of youngsters in this country since the Busby babes and have to take advantage of that. Our current youngsters with the experience of Azpi, Pedro, Kante, Luiz and even Willian alongside them in the squad has the potential to be as good as the Ajax/Monaco sides that go to CL semi's and unlike them we will be able to keep the lads after the breakthrough season if/when it comes and enjoy them in their primes. Should these lads reach their potential that will more than make up for our financial handicap in the market these days compared to the big boys.

Putting the situation into that sort of context, Lampard with Morris and Edwards is the perfect set up right now, we can't waste these obscenely talented lads, we just can't.

Johnnyeye and Superblue_1986 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.