test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

MrBlueGuy

Next Manager?

Started by MrBlueGuy,

6,422 posts in this topic
10 minutes ago, Antonio8 said:

:( I didn't know

people think we are unstable with managers, try the Spanish national team

FOUR in 12 MONTHS, maybe 5 if Moreno is only used as a caretaker

d868be4607c192ceaf3f1b58053a829f.png

Antonio8 likes this

Chelsea target Frank Lampard tells Derby players his intention

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/chelsea-target-frank-lampard-tells-derby-players-his-intention

Frank Lampard has reportedly told his Derby players that he will quit to take over at Chelsea, as long as he gets the right offer.

The Daily Express’ exclusive reports that the Chelsea legend has informed his squad that his departure to Stamford Bridge will more than likely happen with discussions underway.

Lampard, who is 41 today, is understood to be Chelsea’s top target to replace Maurizio Sarrio, who was officially unveiled as Juventus coach this morning.

Derby are yet to receive a formal offer for Lampard, but they want, per the source, £4million to release the former England midfielder from the remaining two years of his Pride Park deal.

Derby owner Mel Morris stressed at the start of the week that the club wanted to keep Lampard as manager “for the long term”.

However, the lure of a return to Chelsea appears too strong and the Championship club are believed to be preparing for Lampard’s exit, while Lampard, who is on holiday in the south of France, tries to negotiate himself a lucrative three-year deal in the capital.

The Rams reportedly approached Steven Gerrard, who declined, while Charlton’s Lee Bowyer and John Terry at Aston Villa have just signed new deals, as they look for quick replacement.

snip

7 hours ago, Vesper said:

people think we are unstable with managers, try the Spanish national team

FOUR in 12 MONTHS, maybe 5 if Moreno is only used as a caretaker

d868be4607c192ceaf3f1b58053a829f.png

TBF, it wouldn't have been that many had Lopetegui not done what he did and even then, Hierro was only the caretaker and Enrique had to quit due to personal reasons. It's not like they were happily sacking people...

1 minute ago, Jason said:

TBF, it wouldn't have been that many had Lopetegui not done what he did and even then, Hierro was only the caretaker and Enrique had to quit due to personal reasons. It's not like they were happily sacking people...

fair points,just glad we do not have level (for what ever reasons) of changes

23 hours ago, BigMabz said:

Just want an answer. Is it Frank or isn't it? Who is it going to be.... Bored of all the speculation. Want someone to get excited about. 

I know Frank has low levels of experience and a transfer ban to contend with. But, there are some opportunities for his hiring to be a success. Youth will get a chance, most specifically English youth. Also, don't underestimate his drive and work ethic. He was never the most athletic or gifted footballer but he worked his socks off, day in, day out to become the club legend that he is. I have no doubts that he will do this as a manager. It won't be stubborn Sarri, who wants to mould his players to his system. It will be adaptable and grow as Frank grows. And yes, there may be some growing pains because his green managerial status. But Frank is a worker, and he will expect that from his players, backroom staff, and the fans. 

Of course there are some risks involved. But lets get behind the guy. This is different for Chelsea. Maybe we are finally breaking the cycle that has lead to no consistency with our managerial position. 

Come on Frank

Come on Chelsea. 

Definitely going to be Frank.  No question.   Sorting the DoF out first makes sense i suppose, i reckon Lampard will be very soon

dimmas likes this

16 hours ago, ChelseaFanUK said:

Definitely going to be Frank.  No question.   Sorting the DoF out first makes sense i suppose, i reckon Lampard will be very soon

Hopefully next week. Dont want another 'delayed' pre-season