test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

MrBlueGuy

Next Manager?

Started by MrBlueGuy,

6,422 posts in this topic

Interesting Zola hasn't joined Sarri at Juve which begs the question was Franco's appointment just tokenism by the board. I'm pretty sure if Sarri said to Zola will you come to Juve with me Franco would have said yes.

34 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

Interesting Zola hasn't joined Sarri at Juve which begs the question was Franco's appointment just tokenism by the board. I'm pretty sure if Sarri said to Zola will you come to Juve with me Franco would have said yes.

Zola will reportedly leave the club after turning down an ambassadorial role. Was clearly brought in to help Sarri to settle in the Premier League etc.

14 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

If Harry Redknapp is saying what he has said then that's a close to the source as you can get really.

Lee Bowyer not extending his contract with Charlton. One of the names mentioned to replace Lampard at Derby apparently?

Strike likes this

11 minutes ago, Jason said:

These sorts of rumours doing the rounds do seem to suggest that the club are looking at putting a longer term project in place. It will be intriguing to see if the board have the patience to follow through if this is the route they decide to take.

xPetrCechx likes this

22 minutes ago, Jason said:

Lee Bowyer not extending his contract with Charlton. One of the names mentioned to replace Lampard at Derby apparently?

Yeah I have just seen that on SSN.

If/when the news breaks "Chelsea make formal contact with Derby" etc;  that is basically the endgame.   That process used to start at the beginning, nowadays it is done once you have already got the managers contract sorted.

Lampard and Chelsea I am almost certain, have already spoken, or still are

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

He's lead his team out of the top four three out of the last four season's. He finished 6th with Zlatan leading the line for god sake.

Nothing against you but I'm genuinely stunned that there's so many people entertaining the idea of a Jose mark 3 after how it ended with us and United, it would see us away from challenging for years and years and years, will probably be as damaging as Souness's spell at Liverpool was,if not more so.

Exactly, only a mentally challenged club would step on the same rake twice. Jose is the last name of anyone I want to see back.

Tomo, Iggy Doonican and 11Drogba like this

I'd love Lampard to do well but he really needs a few years experience first. 

I'd rather Jose who has won multiple league titles and a couple of champions league's than Lampard who has 0 experience at top level management.  

There really arent many options that I can see.

If we were close to bringing in ex Derby manager Gary Rowett who still has more experience than Frank, everyone would be losing their shit.

It will be interesting to see how much patience Roman has especially if we get off to an awful start to the season. 

It's just a shit time for us. It's hard to be positive. 

Lost our best player, lost our manager and transfer banned. 

Costa19 likes this

He's lead his team out of the top four three out of the last four season's. He finished 6th with Zlatan leading the line for god sake.
Nothing against you but I'm genuinely stunned that there's so many people entertaining the idea of a Jose mark 3 after how it ended with us and United, it would see us away from challenging for years and years and years, will probably be as damaging as Souness's spell at Liverpool was,if not more so.
They see past glories and that is it.

11 hours ago, Jason said:

Rumoured JT is in the hat for the Derby job 

Lol, if anyone could believe that by appointing current Lampard will bring us glory. Nothing wrong with saying appointing the likes of Allegri and even Jose will do too. You may hate the man from the bottom of your heart, but cannot denied that he is still one of the best. Remember how Jose Mark I ended, it was a mess too, and look what he did in his first and second season of Mark II. 

12 hours ago, Jason said:

Interesting bits in this story by Matt Law. Claude Makelele's name is mentioned as someone who could take charge of the loan army, which will free up Eddie Newton or Paulo Ferreira to move to a coaching role with Lampard, Jody and Chris Jones. Cech also mentioned in director role. The backroom seems to be coming together quite nicely and these are the type of people who will be bolder in giving chances to guys like Tammy, Mount and Reece. 

13 hours ago, Jason said:

10 hours ago, manpe said:

Exactly, only a mentally challenged club would step on the same rake twice. Jose is the last name of anyone I want to see back.

Are we doing anything long-term? It would be very counter-productive to bring Mourinho after Sarri, those are two opposite philosophies, and our board want us to play attacking football. And let's be honest, most of us do too.

It really baffles me that year after year we bring totally different managers, with different styles. That's why Drinkwater and Bakayoko couldn't even make a bench in Sarri system. Or even captain Cahill. Same way as Jorginho/RLC/Christensen/Mount wouldn't make it in Mourinho's setup. Kepa's great ball playing would be wasted under Mou too.

So I don't know what Lampard can bring us, no one knows actually. But I sure as hell don't want another turn-around. Let's stick to attacking, possession--high-press approach, or something close to that. After all, now we have players more suited for that kind of playing.