test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

MrBlueGuy

Next Manager?

Started by MrBlueGuy,

5,662 posts in this topic
5 hours ago, Jason said:

Derby just got tonked 4-0 by Villa and it's their third straight league loss. In fact, Derby have won only 3 of their last 13 Championship games and now sit in 7th. Oh Frank...

I think he's having similar problems to what we are.

He (like Sarri) is trying to completely change the style of play within the whole club and it's caught up with them a bit. In many ways them falling out of promotion contention is a blessing in disquise because that group are not ready for PL football.

bigbluewillie likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Jason said:

Derby just got tonked 4-0 by Villa and it's their third straight league loss. In fact, Derby have won only 3 of their last 13 Championship games and now sit in 7th. Oh Frank...

Don't look too much into it. Annual Derby collapse in the Spring, this is nothing new and shouldn't be pinned on Lampard. The fans almost unanimously back him (every club has the usual boo boys brigade who criticise his every move), and he's doing a very good job in a ridiculously competitive league. Plus, if Derby came up, with the ageing squad they have, they'd probably set a new record for lowest points tally - he needs more time to complete the transition from the old lads in the squad to the young. He's brought through or given game time to some excellent youngsters and younger players with potential (Bogle, Roos), and has also been prudent in the transfer window and brought in some good players who are getting better as the season progresses, such as Jack Marriot. I've been to about 7 or 8 Derby games this season, and they impress me with their patient style of football. He's doing things the right way. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

He won't be sacked this season. Close this thread. 

he 'could'.  I agree he wont but if we lost 8 on the spin, hes off

 

Hypothetically speaking

Vesper likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oki so ZZ back at RM

this has a domino effect on many of the top clubs and managers (not all of these have to do with ZZ, but some for us, if Sarri is indeed sacked)

Diego Simeone at Atlético Madrid (not that he would EVER or EVER will coach at RM)  will he finally leave? would LOVE to have him here, he was always been my first choice. IF AM finally win the CL this year, maybe he does finally go?

Massimiliano Allegri  and Antonio Conte.  I admit I thought he would end up at RM and Conte would take over for him at Juve. After Simeone, Allegri is my second choice for us, but I doubt we go for anther Italian

Jose Mourinho no clue where he ends up

Mauricio Pochettino  Does he leave and to where? Man U? I thnk Manure makes OGS perm. Juve (if Allegri leaves) is out, as Conte will go. there He will never come here, I would be shocked and dismayed if he did. IF Simeone leaves AM I see either Poch or Allegri there. That leaves Simeone open for us, but he may go to PSG.

Paris Saint-Germain , do they keep Thomas Tuchel, now that ZZ is off the table? Poch, Simeone or Allegri or Didier Deschamps would be front runners.

 

For us, all above stated

I would rate (in order)

Diego Simenone

Massimiliano Allegri

Joachim Löw

Luis Enrique

Abel Ferreira (Braga) The next Mourinho maybe? Brilliant 40yo, he has Braga in 3rd place in Liga NOS, within 5 points of the top, only twice in history has a non Big 3 won Liga in Portugal,  Belenenses in 1945–46 and Boavista in 2000–01)

Didier Deschamps (hard pull, I am sure he wants to do back to back WC's)

Marcelino (Valencia)

Pablo Machin (Sevilla)

Jose Bordalas (has done absolute wonders at Getafe, who sit 4th currently in La Liga)

Marcelo Gallardo (River Plate)

true shame we missed out on Julian Nagelsmann (was my number one choice after Conte got sacked, now he ismoving to RB Leipzig this summer) and Leonardo Jardim (back at Monaco)

 

PLAYER TO COACH

PLANTING THE SEED

Braga manager Abel Ferreira speaks exclusively to The Coaches' Voice

I tell you this: there is no perfect formula. No perfect game plan. Only the one that you believe in.

You might prefer mine, or Guardiola’s, or Diego Simeone’s. The important thing is being able to explain what you want to the players. That’s what it is to be a good coach.

https://www.coachesvoice.com/abel-ferreira-on-braga-challenge-primeira-liga/

Image result for Abel Ferreira

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just want Manager with real philosophy...

If we aim for attacking football at least that manager should make our attack look dangerous or entertain rather than Sarri was doing right now.

And I think this era, manager that can improve, give advise, mindset to players is a must rather than focus on his tactic only.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Gappy said:

I just want Manager with real philosophy...

Wait, what?

Just because SarriBall isn't in full swing at the Bridge, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

If Sarri had us playing full blown SarriBall, you would be naming your next new born after him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, DDA said:

Wait, what?

Just because SarriBall isn't in full swing at the Bridge, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

If Sarri had us playing full blown SarriBall, you would be naming your next new born after him. 

the board will not back him with the right players

There are even stories out that the board thinks Mr 'I do not care about the transfer market' Sarri has himself been too demanding

I am 75% plus (probably more) we are in no big spend mode

The eighty to 100m quid we get for Eden is not remotely enough to rebuild and I see zero ambition to sell Willian, Azpi, Alonso (we just renewed that rotter for a £39m plus 5m in potential bonus contract extension) Jorginho (a bust in the EPL, screw Sarri!) Drinkwater, Barkley, AC, and the biggest names of the loan army, especially with the bans incoming. We have bollocks up numerous sales and buys, disastrously so since 2014. We have lost literally hundreds of millions of pounds via bad sales, late sales, refused sales,and horrid buys. If you count the Courtois cockup (could have gotten 60 or 70m for him in 2017, as we KNEW he was never going to renew), we have pissed away almost 2/3rds of BILLION quid in hard offers the last 2 or 3 windows. Instead we renew shit players, hoard more and more dregs and are generally clueless about the medium to long term event horizon.

After the first 2 years of Roman's ownership, we have averaged a net spend on transfers of only £37m per year (£18.5m per window) for the last 14 years The money spigot has been turned off (and those figures DO count last year)

The bans are also the board's fault. As the boards are puppets, the ultimate blame lies with the ownership, as he refuses to sack the cunts.

DDA, Johnnyeye and bigbluewillie like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Vesper said:

the board will not back him with the right players

There are even stories out that the board thinks Mr 'I do not care about the transfer market' Sarri has himself been too demanding

I am 75% plus (probably more) we are in no big spend mode

The eighty to 100m quid we get for Eden is not remotely enough to rebuild and I see zero ambition to sell Willian, Azpi, Alonso (we just renewed that rotter for a £39m plus 5m in potential bonus contract extension) Jorginho (a bust in the EPL, screw Sarri!) Drinkwater, Barkley, AC, and the biggest names of the loan army, especially with the bans incoming. We have bollocks up numerous sales and buys, disastrously so since 2014. We have lost literally hundreds of millions of pounds via bad sales, late sales, refused sales,and horrid buys. If you count the Courtois cockup (could have gotten 60 or 70m for him in 2017, as we KNEW he was never going to renew), we have pissed away almost 2/3rds of BILLION quid in hard offers the last 2 or 3 windows. Instead we renew shit players, hoard more and more dregs and are generally clueless about the medium to long term event horizon.

After the first 2 years of Roman's ownership, we have averaged a net spend on transfers of only £37m per year (£18.5m per window) for the last 14 years The money spigot has been turned off (and those figures DO count last year)

The bans are also the board's fault. As the boards are puppets, the ultimate blame lies with the ownership, as he refuses to sack the cunts.

It is quite astonishing how much money we have wasted on transfers in the past 4 years or so. It's even more astomishing that the people who have made these decisions haven't been sacked. I totally agree, I will be extremely surprised if Sarri is to be backed this summer. A small part of us all is hoping the transfer ban will be prosponed and Roman goes on a mad one before the start of the new season but in reality.... we should prepare ourselves for the worse case scenario.

Johnnyeye, Vesper and Fernando like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DDA said:

A small part of us all is hoping the transfer ban will be prosponed and Roman goes on a mad one before the start of the new season but in reality.... we should prepare ourselves for the worse case scenario.

I for one wants the ban to happen from this summer itself in the hope that this will open the eyes of the management to have a proper vision for the future .... ready to take a year's fall if something good comes out instead of years and years of mediocrity if the current trend continues. 

Supermonkey92 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, whats happening said:

sign ajax' manager

last manager to do something like this with a team that was nowhere to be known was Klopp with Dortmund. 

Definitely a good prospect the Ajax manager. 

That being said, I still think we keep Sarri and the Ajax manager to continue for one more season with his club. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Fernando said:

last manager to do something like this with a team that was nowhere to be known was Klopp with Dortmund. 

Definitely a good prospect the Ajax manager. 

That being said, I still think we keep Sarri and the Ajax manager to continue for one more season with his club. 

you forget a more recent one

Leonardo Jardim with Monaco

Fernando likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Vesper said:

you forget a more recent one

Leonardo Jardim with Monaco

Definitely. 

I think the wise thing is to give Sarri one more season. If we do amazingly good next season keep Sarri. If more of the similar well it will show that we are giving manager time and that might be good for a manager like Jardim or Ajax coach. 

because we need to show that we give time to managers. And by keeping Sarri one more season it will show we are changing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Definitely. 

I think the wise thing is to give Sarri one more season. If we do amazingly good next season keep Sarri. If more of the similar well it will show that we are giving manager time and that might be good for a manager like Jardim or Ajax coach. 

because we need to show that we give time to managers. And by keeping Sarri one more season it will show we are changing. 

tenor.gif

Bosnian Blue and bigbluewillie like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So weve been linked with Javi Gracia a day or two after I said in another post if we sacked Sarri would it be him, Nuno or Eddie Howe from the PL we would probably need to look at due to the high level coaches you'd normally associate with a big club are in jobs and this board, I just have no idea what to expect at times anymore.

It is being reported by the sun, metro, 90min, 101greatgoal and many other unreliable outlets regarding Javi Gracia but honestly after being linked with David Wagner and the former Fulham manager Jokanovic last year I wouldnt be surprised.

If this is true then what on earth is going on, no disrespect to the guy but if Sarri is out of his depth or binned for whatever other reasons then a guy who hasnt ever managed a squad of big players at a huge club has a very slim chance from the offset, considering weve also binned the likes of Jose, Conte and Carlo with 0 hesitation.

I think hes done very good for Watford and they are overachieving this season yess, as well as Nuno and Howe having done good jobs with Wolves and Bournemouth respectively over their spells there but this job is a step too high for them at present.

The pressure here would be huge for any manager despite the mixed seasons and I generally think that while Watfords season has gone well theres no huge expectation, nobody expecting them to do so well. We always expect to get top 4 and compete for trophies or a trophy. Lets not forget we are looking at losing Hazard, sold Cesc, the likes of Luiz (talk of a new deal but until its signed it means nothing) and Cahill (all 4 were hugely experienced players who have been there and done it with the club) among other uncertain scenarios with the likes of CHO, Christensen perhaps who had offers in January from Schalke Im sure as well as public complaints about playing time and if Higuain, Giroud and Kovacic are staying or going.

If Sarri is replaced in the summer, which would be a bit daft, the next guy is gonna definitely need time (argubaly more than 1 full season) to steady the ship a bit and refresh the squad as theres gonna be players going and also an impending transfer ban. Fair enough weve been off the pace hugely but if we go and appoint a guy whos had a good 15 months in the PL at Watford... Id be questioning the clubs ambition, they went tooth and nail to get Sarri (mediocre first season or not although I didnt expect it to be plain sailing, which I think some people did....), people also forget the club had been hellbent on sacking Conte to replace him with Sarri for months.... it just seems all very stupid. 

Fernando likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, nyikolajevics said:

Yeah, then sack him if he can't build a dynasty in 6 months. Half of the players in Ajax have known each other for 10+ years, the team has worked long years to reach this level.

Just fucking stick with a coach, even Sarri. We signed players for him, let him finish the job. Klopp, Pep, Poch all needed 2 years.

Hasn't won anything yet either so it's funny seeing the Sarri out brigade flip flop arguments. 

Fernando and OneMoSalah like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.