test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

MrBlueGuy

Next Manager?

Started by MrBlueGuy,

Who should be Chelsea's next permanent manager?   272 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be Chelsea's next permanent manager?

• Carlo Ancelotti
    • Guus Hiddink
    • Maurizio Sarri
    • Diego Simeone
    • Max Allegri
    • Brendan Rodgers
    • Other
    • Luis Enrique
    • Thomas Tuchel

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5,409 posts in this topic
5 hours ago, Jason said:

HOT MONDAY!

HOT TUESDAY!

HOT WEDNESDAY!

HOT THURSDAY!

HOT FRIDAY!

HOT SATURDAY!

HOT SUNDAY!

Take your pick...

Hot chilli sauce on my fish Tacos. Severe munchies.s

5 hours ago, iceboy said:

Conte and Alonso

25E0D379-26F8-44DF-872D-9E9B0E66A118.jpeg

Alonso had his back in a interview he did.

I'm glad Luiz/Willian didn't turn all the lads against him whether he's with us or not, I liked him. Might gave made some dodgy team selections or might have used the substitutions system better IMHO but he made me love him in his 1st season.

Beigl and Sideshow Luiz like this

1 hour ago, DDA said:

It's only calamitous if you read the papers and follow twitter daily. The club hasn't actually said anything about Conte leaving or Sarri coming in. All this hype is literally off the back off continuous bullshit headlines spun by the media arachnids. Everyone needs to calm the fuck down. We still have a manager who won us 2 trophies in 2 seasons. The only worry would be that Eden leaves but we will have to just stay patient and see.

Superb effort mate, well done. This is the nail on the head. Literally if you don't believe every single Twitter rumour and come on here to join in the mass hysteria every minute then the frustration just isn't as bad. I mean of course we'd all like things done earlier but it's not for one reason or another. Relax and wait (deep breathes)

DDA likes this

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

So why the hell won't the club just come out and put an end to all the rumors and say for certain that Conte is staying? 

They don't comment on press speculation 

3 minutes ago, ulsterchelsea said:

They don't comment on press speculation 

In cases like this they do, or at least should, and it should have been done weeks ago. When press speculation hurts the club and everybody is demanding clarity, they don't say anything just for the sake of not saying anything? I don't buy it, they are allowing those stories to continue because they are (partially) true.

11Drogba likes this

1 hour ago, dreamcfc said:

I don't agree, you can't throw the blame towards the media. You said that the club hasn't actually said anything about Conte leaving (or staying), this is exactly the problem.

Since May, they have let the papers talk all this "nonsense"  - I remember when we had the speculation after winning the league, not even to this magnitude but they backed him with a new contract, this time, there is not even a statement.

Can we draw a line under people asking why the club don't come out and clarify press speculation. No club comes out to deny every bit of media speculation because guess what...youd be at it all day every day because that's what/all the press do. People should really have realised by now that the only media outlet you should believe is chelsea official website 

Just now, manpe said:

In cases like this they do, or at least should, and it should have been done weeks ago. When press speculation hurts the club and everybody is demanding clarity, they don't say anything just for the sake of not saying anything? I don't buy it, they are allowing those stories to continue because they are (partially) true.

But they don't tho

2 minutes ago, ulsterchelsea said:

But they don't tho

Just to play devils advocate about Clubs not releasing press memos regarding media speculation, Real Madrid has already done it twice this summer (Neymar/Mbappe) so it DOES happen. But I agree, Chelsea need to move forward with either business as usual or relieve Conte of his duties. You can't undermine an active coach with a press release. However I think we can all agree that every part of this situation has been a disaster from all parties involved. We all are equally frustrated with this situation.

3 minutes ago, ulsterchelsea said:

Can we draw a line under people asking why the club don't come out and clarify press speculation. No club comes out to deny every bit of media speculation because guess what...youd be at it all day every day because that's what/all the press do. People should really have realised by now that the only media outlet you should believe is chelsea official website 

This is not just "every bit of media speculation" i'm not saying they should deny all the potential new signings, this uncertainty ruined our season (or played a big part in it) and its been like this since January. Last time there was speculation about Conte leaving they backed him and gave him a new contract.

manpe likes this

https://twitter.com/ManuLonjon/status/1016336686522011649

https://twitter.com/bcnFD/status/1016327126033797121

WTFFFF... could this be the real reason everything is going so slow? these french journalists are saying Chelsea cannot transfer funds overseas at the moment b/c of a problem with the birtish government... can't buy players or pay release clauses

We've been waiting for the Vitality UK insurance contract to start before announcing new signings or clarify the managerial situation.

Have to have a photo of the new boys filling out Vitality paperwork.

Note:  This is tongue in cheek for anyone who doesn't remember the ridiculous "Nike contract" delays of last summer.

akgw13 and Unionjack like this

I don't believe any of this speculation to be honest, this Sarri and Jorginho double deal bullshit, that we need to pay £20m for Sarri etc, it's all garbage I know, what's clear, and has been clear since the beginning of 2018 is that our manager isn't motivated for whatever reason and has lost our dressing room, the manager has been making digs at the club, he clearly said on live TV that he don't know if he's going to be here after the FA cup... so they should respond to it and sort it out during the off season, which they have failed to do, it's not all garbage speculation. to top it all off they are just taking the problem in to next season, and you wonder why people are frustrated.

1 minute ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

We've been waiting for the Vitality UK insurance contract to start before announcing new signings or clarify the managerial situation.

Have to have a photo of the new boys filling out Vitality paperwork.

Note:  This is tongue in cheek for anyone who doesn't remember the ridiculous "Nike contract" delays of last summer.

July 1st 2017! :rant:

Sideshow Luiz likes this

2 minutes ago, dreamcfc said:

This is not just "every bit of media speculation" i'm not saying they should deny all the potential new signings, this uncertainty ruined our season (or played a big part in it) and its been like this since January. Last time there was speculation about Conte leaving they backed him and gave him a new contract.

Exactly, most media stories don't hurt the club and don't grow this big. It's not a case of some silly transfer rumours or whatever, it's about the club imploding in front of the whole footballing world. We are already a laughing stock...the hit our reputation takes can affect club's revenue not in a positive way. So yeah, a statement would have been by far the cheapest option to put these speculations to bed.

8 minutes ago, akgw13 said:

Just to play devils advocate about Clubs not releasing press memos regarding media speculation, Real Madrid has already done it twice this summer (Neymar/Mbappe) so it DOES happen. But I agree, Chelsea need to move forward with either business as usual or relieve Conte of his duties. You can't undermine an active coach with a press release. However I think we can all agree that every part of this situation has been a disaster from all parties involved. We all are equally frustrated with this situation.

I didn't say club's don't do it. I said chelsea don't do it 

2 hours ago, Jason said:

Well that is acknowledging him then, isn't it? lol  That account can be ok sometimes but chats a lot of shite too. 

8 minutes ago, dreamcfc said:

Not by calling a press conference and telling the media they were wrong. They did it by giving conte a new contract and then telling the world

Think we can all agree here.... nobody knows fuck all on this shit storm of situation and sarri announcement??? Eveey fucking  week now. I want sarri here but am so tired of the endless merry go round of shit.

bigbluewillie likes this

Its not just smoke. If Chelsea weren't approaching Sarri, Zola's interview wouldn't have happened. He's pretty much confirmed that there are talks for sure. It's just that what's the hold up and what are the details, that we don't know, and everyone's just guessing at the moment.

11 minutes ago, oldportblue said:

https://twitter.com/ManuLonjon/status/1016336686522011649

https://twitter.com/bcnFD/status/1016327126033797121

WTFFFF... could this be the real reason everything is going so slow? these french journalists are saying Chelsea cannot transfer funds overseas at the moment b/c of a problem with the birtish government... can't buy players or pay release clauses

Bollocks.  That kind of story would be not only reported by Sports tabloids, but it'd be in the general news domain too.  Absolute rubbish, surely?

1.  Are we suddenly not paying any money to overseas deals which we are paying in installments? Unlikely

2. Women's team are still purchasing overseas players

3. We can't appoint Sarri then? They forget if we may lose Seri because we cant transfer funds abroad, we cant have Sarri then.  

I dont see this funds stuff having one iota of truth

Add to that, if we cant send money abroad due to government, we can't bring in money from abroad.  So every single loan abroad lads the clubs are paying zilch