test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

MrBlueGuy

Next Manager?

Started by MrBlueGuy,

Who should be Chelsea's next permanent manager?   272 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be Chelsea's next permanent manager?

• Carlo Ancelotti
    • Guus Hiddink
    • Maurizio Sarri
    • Diego Simeone
    • Max Allegri
    • Brendan Rodgers
    • Other
    • Luis Enrique
    • Thomas Tuchel

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5,409 posts in this topic

Pellegrino would be an admission that we don't want to win the league. I honestly think the only guy capable of going toe to toe with Pep at City and Jose at United is Simeone. That also requires massive financial backing and a clear idea of what our philosophy should be going forward.

We'll be underdogs financially against those two so we need a street fighter. People wanting fancy football can hop on the Piccadilly line from Earl's Court.

What if we can't have Simeone?

I really don't think he wants to leave.

What would be your second option?

A manager that a direct rival deems not worthy and will be dropped like a sack of potatoes for Guardiola is good enough for us, I guess.

Fucking hell.

Jeez mate, you make it sound like he's going to be dropped for Neil Warnock. It's Guardiola ffs, every manager in this world would be in danger of getting the sack.

I actually do not think he'd be such a bad choice to be fair. Think about it - Diego Simeone is the only manager worth figting for come next summer. Others are either under a contract, do not want to come here or Chelsea is not interested in hiring them. Plus we will be on a limited budget and no Champions League football.

Pellegrini is similar to Carlo if you ask me - he's a gentleman, brings calmness into a club, has a good relationship with his players and likes positive football. The thing is that, such as Carlo, he has no Plan B - it's either free flowing football, or he gets exposed. Does not have that balance between attack and defence.

But overall he is a decent manager and can build a competitive squad on a limited budget. I truly believe that Diego Simeone is Chelsea's no. 1 target, but at the same time the club must have a Plan B as well, in the eventuality of Simeone rejecting their offer and I think Pellegrini is right there on that list.

stroey and Fernando like this

What if we can't have Simeone?

I really don't think he wants to leave.

What would be your second option?

I'm actually not sure he'd leave Atletico.

Second choice, why not Steve Holland. Or John Terry. I don't see any other manager being as good as Simeone so why not take a punt on a left field choice?

Jeez mate, you make it sound like he's going to be dropped for Neil Warnock. It's Guardiola ffs, every manager in this world would be in danger of getting the sack.

I actually do not think he'd be such a bad choice to be fair. Think about it - Diego Simeone is the only manager worth figting for come next summer. Others are either under a contract, do not want to come here or Chelsea is not interested in hiring them. Plus we will be on a limited budget and no Champions League football.

Pellegrini is similar to Carlo if you ask me - he's a gentleman, brings calmness into a club, has a good relationship with his players and likes positive football. The thing is that, such as Carlo, he has no Plan B - it's either free flowing football, or he gets exposed. Does not have that balance between attack and defence.

But overall he is a decent manager and can build a competitive squad on a limited budget. I truly believe that Diego Simeone is Chelsea's no. 1 target, but at the same time the club must have a Plan B as well, in the eventuality of Simeone rejecting their offer and I think Pellegrini is right there on that list.

I think you hit the nail here my friend.

To me it also seems that the club have been limited and will continue to be limited due to the stadium.

What we need is a Wenger.

I know we all laugh about it, but that's what we need while we build our stadium.

Mourinho can't do that, because he needs to buy in order to be competitive. I mean that's the main excuse everyone is saying why we are so bad.

Mourinho could not buy anybody this summer and that's why this whole mess happened.....

petre.ispirescu likes this

I think you hit the nail here my friend.

To me it also seems that the club have been limited and will continue to be limited due to the stadium.

What we need is a Wenger.

I know we all laugh about it, but that's what we need while we build our stadium.

Mourinho can't do that, because he needs to buy in order to be competitive. I mean that's the main excuse everyone is saying why we are so bad.

Mourinho could not buy anybody this summer and that's why this whole mess happened.....

The stadium + the mess we're already in. It will take at least a couple of years before we're back on track and I do not think that Simeone will leave the club where he's an absolute emperor to come to a new league, hardest in the world, a new lifestyle etc. Plus a league where he'd have to face the likes of Guardiola, Klopp, Wenger, potentially Mourinho in his very first season in England. Nah, not going to happen, he's fine in Madrid.

Essien19 and Fernando like this

Seriously what a stupid notion that we have to hire Guardiola or Simeone to be successful.

Geez who won the treble last season? Luis Enrique. Who was also a game away from a treble? Super Max Allergi. Who was the manager who won a treble with Bayern? not Guardiola, but it was Jump Heynckes.

We can and we will be successful without the Guardiola, Simeone, or Mourinho's of the world.

Muzchap and MefiX19 like this

Seriously what a stupid notion that we have to hire Guardiola or Simeone to be successful.

Geez who won the treble last season? Luis Enrique. Who was also a game away from a treble? Super Max Allergi. Who was the manager who won a treble with Bayern? not Guardiola, but it was Jump Heynckes.

We can and we will be successful without the Guardiola, Simeone, or Mourinho's of the world.

Barcelona have a superb philosophy in place that provides consistency across managerial changes. We don't. We need to find that through our next manager and I'm of the opinion that the only one able to come in and do that fairly quickly is Simeone.

I don't think either is a stupid notion, simply different schools of thought.

Reddish-Blue, LDN Blue and Essien19 like this

This is pretty stupid reasoning to be honest. Barca have 3 of the 5 best players in the world on their team. Juventus had far and away the best team in Serie A and could almost sleep walk the league over the past few seasons. Bayern are light years better than anyone in Germany.

David Moyes or Big Sam could win the Bundesliga or Serie A with those squads.

To be a top side we need to play like a top side. Our players are at a stage where they don't want to be the underdogs, this seems to be very clear right now. Once players reach the stage where they are expexted to win the league or champions league, the counter-attacking style of football has less chance of succeeding.

Come on Roman, we are in desparate need of becoming a dominant side again. Most of the recent Champios League winners played attacking and positive Football.

Attacking Football should be much preferred to counter-attacking as a football philosphy if we are to remain a top club for a long time.

Barcelona have a superb philosophy in place that provides consistency across managerial changes. We don't. We need to find that through our next manager and I'm of the opinion that the only one able to come in and do that fairly quickly is Simeone.

I don't think either is a stupid notion, simply different schools of thought.

Ok maybe not stupid ;)

But it is a very scarce way of looking at things; that you need those top managers. RDM won the CL and FA, in less then 4 months on the job. Carlo and Mou couldn't win us the CL with many years on the job, but they are better managers with better careers. I just believe that situation and fit should dictate your manager hiring not based on who has the best CV. If we take this approach we will be very successful.

Barca was one example, i can name many examples of successful managers in successful situations.

Honestly give me Jorge Sampaoli, and witness some of the best football Chelsea has ever played.

Atlas Lion likes this

Ok maybe not stupid ;)

But it is a very scarce way of looking at things; that you need those top managers. RDM won the CL and FA, in less then 4 months on the job. Carlo and Mou couldn't win us the CL with many years on the job, but they are better managers with better careers. I just believe that situation and fit should dictate your manager hiring not based on who has the best CV. If we take this approach we will be very successful.

Barca was one example, i can name many examples of successful managers in successful situations.

Honestly give me Jorge Sampaoli, and witness some of the best football Chelsea has ever played.

Or Bielsa

Or Bielsa

Have Bielsa come in for a year or two and then Sampaoli to take over.

That would be sweet.

Because let's face it, Bielsa is just like Mourinho. Good enough for a season or two.

Have Bielsa come in for a year or two and then Sampaoli to take over.

That would be sweet.

Because let's face it, Bielsa is just like Mourinho. Good enough for a season or two.

The board would never go after Sampaoli because he has NO European club experience

If we can't get Simeone or Conte (after Euro 2016), then Koeman would be an interesting plan B

Yea but if you read the comment section on most DailyFail articles it is 99% of the time full of clueless idiots. They come out of nowhere on those articles.

The Chels and Ossie the King like this

Emenalo never wanted the club to hire Mourinho in fact he asked the club to hire Pellegrini and then asked the club to let him go to facilitate the hiring of Mourinho but was denied. Emenalo watched on as Mourinho got rid of Emenalo's signings like Mata, KDB and Schurrle and that had to sting. Now with Jose gone, Emenalo can put his stamp on things once Guus is finished. Emenalo's vision of Chelsea is similar to Arsenal: attractive football, young talent found on the cheap and promotion of youth to the first team. Pellegrini will check all those boxes as Emenalo's ideal manager. Like it or not. Sincerely a clueless idiot. ?

Muzchap and Spike like this

Pellegrini is tactically inept though, yes he plays with flair, but when Yaya and Silva aren't working the team is easy to beat, that's my main concern :(

There seems to be some arguments around possession based football - for me tika taka isn't the only form of possession based football, I honestly don't mind about possession too much, it's what you do when you have the ball that counts.

How many times last season did the pundits bang on about, they had 70% possession but still lost...

Possession <> winning

Although, I do admit it's impossible for the other team to beat you if they don't have the ball.

I was hoping for Simeone or maybe Hiddink staying for a season, so I'm still ok with that - just think Pellegrini would be a step backwards, he has massively underachieved IMHO with City.

Whatever happens... We need to STOP relying on managers to do miracles for our squad and build our own identity, not depending so much on manager we have. Buy sort of players for a football you want to play, and bring manager who you think can work out with those players.

With that attitude you can change managers every two years, and it would be all good, just target those who are proven with a type of play you wanna play.

If we bring Simeone and stick with this players, it's no good. If we bring Guardiola and stick with this players, it's even worse.

This squad is suited for some a little bit attacking play manager. Not Simeone who is all warrior-defensive, not Guardiola who said himself that we need 10 new players (to play attacking), right?

Don't know what will happen, but I know that we must build our own play by buying right type of players. The worst thing is, with no playing identity... When you are in position like that and you sack manager - you are completely lost. Just like we are now.

Cosmin and Ossie the King like this

Why we need to have some super star manager? It doesn't mean that we gonna win PL and UCL easy if Guardiola or Simeone would be our manager. I want some new ideas, new blood into managment, some young manager that can laugh with players, someone like Pochettino, Koeman, Emery. They are not overhipped like AVB was and they do wonders with their teams. Emery: EL, Koeman: Soton were 2nd half season and their team were all in vacation in Liverpool, Pochettino: Doing really great job with Spurs and Soton, Spurs are looking like top4 team.

DYC. and positivefootball like this