test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

MrBlueGuy

Next Manager?

Started by MrBlueGuy,

Who should be Chelsea's next permanent manager?   272 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be Chelsea's next permanent manager?

• Carlo Ancelotti
    • Guus Hiddink
    • Maurizio Sarri
    • Diego Simeone
    • Max Allegri
    • Brendan Rodgers
    • Other
    • Luis Enrique
    • Thomas Tuchel

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5,409 posts in this topic

Can’t see him staying. Surely the club would have come out and backed him when we were being linked with other managers. 

Dimitr likes this

13 minutes ago, Polo7 said:

Can’t see him staying. Surely the club would have come out and backed him when we were being linked with other managers. 

But there is no explanation as to why he is still here and ready for pre-season training lol.

36 minutes ago, dreamcfc said:

But there is no explanation as to why he is still here and ready for pre-season training lol.

Like others have said, he's still under contract and therefore, he's doing his job. Otherwise, he'll give the club an easy excuse to sack him.

ulsterchelsea likes this

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

Like others have said, he's still under contract and therefore, he's doing his job. Otherwise, he'll give the club an easy excuse to sack him.

Yea I understand from Conte' point of view, he's got to do his job, im talking more from the clubs perspective, if the board don't want him as manager next season, why hasn't he been sacked already? I don't buy all this back-up just in case Sarri falls through nonsense, weather we get Sarri or not, if Conte is not in the future plans, he needs to go.

4 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Lets be honest, Antonio Conte or not, 9 million pounds is a lot of money to receive and lets not kid ourselves football is a business and as a manager if you can get 9 million pounds to not do your job for a year because you weren't wanted? Its hardly pathetic. If he doesn't want to leave then the club have to pay him that. That is a given and that is why contracts are contracts, he resigned the same contract last year for more money, it was a clever move, the club wanted to give him more money and he probably understood that with the history of the club in terms of managers he had to protect himself as much as anything else. Really its on the club more than anything for deciding to give him a pay rise.

How often do you see a coach actually leave at their own accord? And the whole pay off thing coaches do it the whole time. Every time we've sacked a coach over the last god knows how long how many have gone straight into work? Not many because they sit for a period of time, do fuck all and take wages. Its hardly anything new. Its just the club haven't had the balls to sack him, which is the most pathetic thing about this whole situation. I don't see how anybody can question Conte regarding this because he said he was dedicated to the club at the end of last season, last season was poor and its not only hurt the clubs reputation but also his, so why would he just quit? Regardless if he stays or goes, he wins because he either stays and has a top job (in terms of the clubs stature) still, with similar conditions to his first season (lower expectations, no CL, more time to train the players, more rest time etc) or he leaves and gets his pay for nothing and probably takes the full year to do whatever he wants to do.

Another thing is how disorganised pre-season will be, if the club really do want Sarri (everyone keeps saying oh it will be announced on Monday, then the next and the next and the next etc), then they have to move fast because it starts on Monday and for him to come after its started and change things  (no way him and Conte's methods are going to be identical, everyone has their own ways of doing things)? Its going to put a lot of pressure on him and the players to hit the ground running too with having not had a full pre-season, the same with recruitment, a full pre-season helps players integrate better. 

Look, I can understand why Conte is still around because he has the contract and has every right to stay on until the club decide to pull the plug - which they definitely should have but unfortunately, they are being imbeciles about this - but on the other hand, why continue in the job when you know you are not going to be happy? Why continue when you are not going to be committed? You said he was dedicated to the club last season...I can't agree with that at all. He pretty much spent the whole of last season moaning every week and failed to take responsibility for the things that went wrong. He made us play worse and even detached himself from the players because he couldn't be arsed anymore. I know 9 million is a lot and maybe I'm just being simplistic about this but does he really want to put himself in the same situation again next season? The club may not always back the manager in the right way but it isn't going to do Conte's reputation any favors if he has another poor season with us.

8 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Would there not have been some movement already if he was told a while ago he was staying? Surely we would've gotten one or two signings in by now. Otherwise, what in the actual fuck are we waiting for to enter the market?

The reason has to be because we're waiting for a new manager. I cannot fathom our board being dumb enough for it to be for any other reason. 

Maybe our targets were still in the world cup. Like Golovin and Allison 

58 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Would there not have been some movement already if he was told a while ago he was staying? Surely we would've gotten one or two signings in by now. Otherwise, what in the actual fuck are we waiting for to enter the market?

The reason has to be because we're waiting for a new manager. I cannot fathom our board being dumb enough for it to be for any other reason. 

This is a very good point, actually. 

6 hours ago, manpe said:

Or maybe they were just waiting for Roman's yacht to arrive in Capri. As good an explanation as any. emoji848.png

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

But Ive read on numerous sites that his yacht is on the Fewnch Riviera. Using some yachy finding aps such as Marine Traffic and VesselFinder show it as on the French Riviera since early May, either off the coast of Antibes or Golfe-Juan, a good 800km from Capri. And before that in the Caribbean. The pictures of it in Cannes was taken last year.

But who knows where his helicopter goes lol

All the players we are seriously linked to have had representatives of family,friends,agent etc state they are joining us but are waiting for the new manager.

11Drogba likes this

There are some reports coming out of Italy today that Napoli want 20m Euros for Sarri.

If that was true I couldn't argue that the club don't deserve it. I'm all for being firmer in the market and not being pushed around paying over-inflated prices nowadays but sometimes you still have to be decisive to get things done. United, City and Liverpool have all shown examples of this in recent years. But we seem to dig our heels in on every single deal to try and save small amounts on the grander scale. But in doing so, we seem to piss off other boards and end up paying last minute inflated prices on average players in a panic, like Drinkwater and Zappacosta.

This Sarri business could have been done in May, by paying up his release clause. But to try and save a couple of million we've found ourselves now in this position, having to negotiate with a guy who's even more difficult to deal with than our board. Did we not learn when trying to buy Koulibaly from them and ADL kept reportedly shifting the goalpost. It's obvious Sarri's head was turned by our interest and ADL was pissed off so he wasn't just going to let us have him for nothing or on the cheap.

Really difficult to understand the club's logic sometimes.

Sideshow Luiz, Fernando and kc_blue like this

Never thought anything could be more inept than our transfer dealings. Then this manager search happens. Absolutely ludicrous. It’s a good job this years World Cup has been incredible to keep me sane. 

11Drogba likes this

2 minutes ago, Eidur the Spider said:

Never thought anything could be more inept than our transfer dealings. Then this manager search happens. Absolutely ludicrous. It’s a good job this years World Cup has been incredible to keep me sane. 

Its not helped me at all. The mood enhancers only last till the morning then its the same ole nightmare. Like some tortuous Groundhog Day.

Eidur the Spider likes this

What happened to Blanc rumors? I am pretty sure if we don't get Sarri it will be someone else but not Conte.

If Conte ends up staying the club obviously won't be giving him his own signings. So we truly may end up with more Drinkwater's, Barkley's, and Zappacosta's this summer.

Costa19 likes this

And another week of rumour and fake news passes. Well I for one am sick to the back teeth of all this hearsay. Will one of you guys just give me Roman's mobile number and I'll ring him and tell him that we need to know what the fuck is going on, and where the fuck are we going. If not maybe someone has Conte's or Sarri's number ????? :middlefinger:

I have Marina's number, but she's blocking my calls. (Went for second base too quickly on first date :P) She said she likes to do things SLOWLY !!!!

11Drogba likes this

1 hour ago, 11Drogba said:

What happened to Blanc rumors? I am pretty sure if we don't get Sarri it will be someone else but not Conte.

nobody is better then blanc

Just now, Antonio8 said:

nobody is better then blanc

What is going in Italy Antonio? If this Alfredo "hot days" Pedulla is called reliable then there are no reliable journalists in Italian sports media.