test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

MrBlueGuy

Next Manager?

Started by MrBlueGuy,

Who should be Chelsea's next permanent manager?   272 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be Chelsea's next permanent manager?

• Carlo Ancelotti
    • Guus Hiddink
    • Maurizio Sarri
    • Diego Simeone
    • Max Allegri
    • Brendan Rodgers
    • Other
    • Luis Enrique
    • Thomas Tuchel

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5,409 posts in this topic
4 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

I don't think it's really about desperation, at least not 100%.

He's probably thinking what a lot of us on here are thinking:  If you can spend 30M on Drinkwater, what's the problem with shelling out 9M if you really want to be rid of me?

I think that part of it is the principle.  The club have been making googly-eyes at managers all summer.  Why should he deny what he's owed, just to make things easier on the club that is trying to replace him? 

If your new missus was looking for a new guy, would you move out and give her the house to make her dating life easier (even if you didn't really want to be there)?

All the talk about principle but at the end of the day, it still comes down to the big payoff, isn't it? Desperate...

14 hours ago, AK-3001 said:

First of all, there's no way of seeing if DiMarzio really said that on Sky Sports Channel. Merely stating it doesn't make it reliable. I'm not believing this until there's actual Video Footage of him saying that, like there were actual footage of Zola talking about Sarri and Conte.

Secondly, even if this is true, that link doesn't say anywhere that Monday is the "DEADLINE" for Sarri to Chelsea, which you claim from your post.

Also di marzio speaks on sky sports radio and anything he says there it doesn’t mean that he must   Put these quotes on his site. 

Secondly ,  even pedulla said that  this situation has a  deadline day (48h) , so I cant understand what’s your problem . 

10 minutes ago, Adnane said:

:lol::lol::lol: 

cont.JPG

Picture is from last year i read on twitter 

6 hours ago, Pizy said:

Super fucking annoying how the bastard running our official Twitter account is constantly tweeting about our players at the World Cup and trying to be funny by tweeting jokes while millions of fans are desperate for news about signings and the managerial situation.

It honestly feels like they're trolling all of us.

Get a grip. Its just a fucking twitter account. Stop taking Twitter as serious stuff. 

Oops probably good news , he is very reliable .

and said “players involved “🧐 Jorginho in and luiz out ? But  this is to good to be true..

1F658234-F84B-4F3E-AD8E-75661146E552.png

Kajo likes this

1 hour ago, Jason said:

I know Conte is still under contract and has the right the continue until he gets the sack but really though, he has never happy about how things are run at the club and has burnt some bridges with the players and I highly doubt that's going to change. So, why stay on and continue to torture yourself and everyone else, especially when we know he's just going to keep on moaning every week if he stays? Is he really that desperate to get the big payoff? How pathetic can he get?

Lets be honest, Antonio Conte or not, 9 million pounds is a lot of money to receive and lets not kid ourselves football is a business and as a manager if you can get 9 million pounds to not do your job for a year because you weren't wanted? Its hardly pathetic. If he doesn't want to leave then the club have to pay him that. That is a given and that is why contracts are contracts, he resigned the same contract last year for more money, it was a clever move, the club wanted to give him more money and he probably understood that with the history of the club in terms of managers he had to protect himself as much as anything else. Really its on the club more than anything for deciding to give him a pay rise.

How often do you see a coach actually leave at their own accord? And the whole pay off thing coaches do it the whole time. Every time we've sacked a coach over the last god knows how long how many have gone straight into work? Not many because they sit for a period of time, do fuck all and take wages. Its hardly anything new. Its just the club haven't had the balls to sack him, which is the most pathetic thing about this whole situation. I don't see how anybody can question Conte regarding this because he said he was dedicated to the club at the end of last season, last season was poor and its not only hurt the clubs reputation but also his, so why would he just quit? Regardless if he stays or goes, he wins because he either stays and has a top job (in terms of the clubs stature) still, with similar conditions to his first season (lower expectations, no CL, more time to train the players, more rest time etc) or he leaves and gets his pay for nothing and probably takes the full year to do whatever he wants to do.

Another thing is how disorganised pre-season will be, if the club really do want Sarri (everyone keeps saying oh it will be announced on Monday, then the next and the next and the next etc), then they have to move fast because it starts on Monday and for him to come after its started and change things  (no way him and Conte's methods are going to be identical, everyone has their own ways of doing things)? Its going to put a lot of pressure on him and the players to hit the ground running too with having not had a full pre-season, the same with recruitment, a full pre-season helps players integrate better. 

Supermonkey92, El P. and Unionjack like this

This is getting ridiculous now, even if Sarri does come, which i'm now really starting to doubt, people are expecting this guy to come in mid way through a pre-season and suddenly transform our play, an appointment like Sarri will take some time, a full pre-season is a must. Absolutely pathetic, a move like this will cost the club much more than £9m if we have another bad season.

manpe likes this

4 minutes ago, ChelseaFanUK said:

You know what IF he comes, and is another Scolari (for example) this will be absolutely hilarious.

Lol

So... maybe it's Conte to stay after all.

Meaning Willian and maybe a few more of our best players out, Conte just turning up because he is contracted to do so and the board to sign some cheap replacements to fill numbers. possibly in for a worse ride than last season.

3 hours ago, Jason said:

I know there is a big payoff but like I said, is he really that desperate? Why continue to work at a place where you know you're not going to be happy? 

`Principles He doesn't SEEM like the kinda guy that money means fuck all to. But if he feels that the club,players let him down then I can imagine he would stand firm on what he believes in.

2 hours ago, Costa19 said:

Picture is from last year i read on twitter 

Well that's the lads wearing the new training gear and there's one of the staff in the same grey top. Defo from today

Screenshot_20180707-192459_Twitter.jpg

3 hours ago, Dimitr said:

Also di marzio speaks on sky sports radio and anything he says there it doesn’t mean that he must   Put these quotes on his site. 

Secondly ,  even pedulla said that  this situation has a  deadline day (48h) , so I cant understand what’s your problem . 

You are too gullible and get influenced by Twitter too much. 

We're not getting anything out of this exchange between us. Let's bury it here. Just remember to put actual quotes from actual websites. You did the same with Kovacic and 100 million. It misleads people as much as it misleads you.

Peace. 

I mean yes, Conte  has to be there today as he is contractually obligated to.  But we must not rule out him staying.  I have seen talk of Roman's yacht being in Capri with ADL, Jorginho being involved and the very reliable Carlo Alvino saying talks remain ongoing this weekend.   So it's not quite over despite Conte being there today, but expect him to stay, that way it lowers expectations slightly

We can't rule out him staying, the real question is why would the club allow this to happen if things behind the scenes are as bad as made out.

I'd be happy with Conte to stay if all the issues were put to bed, its too late for that though.

If money is the real reason he hasn't been sacked yet, he should be gone, simple as that. Even if you look at it from a business view, we save money by not sacking him but just end up having another bad season next year... its going to cost more than 9million or whatever the fee is, surely the club can see that.