test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

MrBlueGuy

Next Manager?

Started by MrBlueGuy,

Who should be Chelsea's next permanent manager?   272 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be Chelsea's next permanent manager?

• Carlo Ancelotti
    • Guus Hiddink
    • Maurizio Sarri
    • Diego Simeone
    • Max Allegri
    • Brendan Rodgers
    • Other
    • Luis Enrique
    • Thomas Tuchel

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5,409 posts in this topic
8 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

I do actually think if Conte hadn't been so volatile this season, and had concentrated on the team the board would have backed him for another season despite missing out on top 4. I've seen changes in this during the reigns of Mourinho and Conte which suggests they are much less willing to pull the trigger on a manager and will only do so as a final necessity. This is why I also believe if Sarri does come here and he backs up what he has said previously (doesn't want to get involved in transfers, just wants to concentrate on coaching and developing what he is given) he will be given time by the club to put his style and tactics across.

If Conte focused mainly on the training pitch we would have comfortably made top four.

Failure to mount any form of title defense is on the board, failure to get top four is on Conte.

8 minutes ago, AK-3001 said:

I hear you, but not for once do I believe that our club needs to spend 200 million over the top to avoid results like these.

Newcastle 3-0 Chelsea

Chelsea 0-3 Bournemouth

Watford 4-1 Chelsea

I'm not even counting the upsets against Crystal Palace, West Ham etc. Conte never took the responsibility and always looked for excuses. It wasn't the Conte we all fell in love with, that's for sure.

100% agree with you but I just wish we were judging a normal season, would this have happened with the fire Conte had in his first season? and where/why did that fire go? You saw him up and down the touchline, hyping up the fans etc, it just all disappeared after the transfer market it seems.

I'm trying to see if from the clubs perspective as well and that we need to move forward, but for me at least, it's hard to see any of this as positive, if he's not in the clubs plans, he should be well gone after the FA Cup.

Unionjack likes this

Just now, dreamcfc said:

100% agree with you but I just wish we were judging a normal season, would this have happened with the fire Conte had in his first season? and where/why did that fire go? You saw him up and down the touchline, hyping up the fans etc, it just all disappeared after the transfer market it seems.

I'm trying to see if from the clubs perspective as well and that we need to move forward, but for me at least, it's hard to see any of this as positive, if he's not in the clubs plans, he should be well gone after the FA Cup.

Yeah, it was a collective failure from everyone. From the players to the manager to the Board. Everyone failed and there was no real shining light.

Conte lost me personally and I can't bear seeing him here, although I think he's one of the best managers out there still. The 1-0 loss to Manchester City where we had 11 men behind the ball at 1-0 was very poor and I've never seen anything like that. We jsut accepted defeat cause Conte thought he needed to save Goal Difference, rather than go for a point at the very least.

3 minutes ago, AK-3001 said:

Yeah, it was a collective failure from everyone. From the players to the manager to the Board. Everyone failed and there was no real shining light.

Conte lost me personally and I can't bear seeing him here, although I think he's one of the best managers out there still. The 1-0 loss to Manchester City where we had 11 men behind the ball at 1-0 was very poor and I've never seen anything like that. We jsut accepted defeat cause Conte thought he needed to save Goal Difference, rather than go for a point at the very least.

Very true man but that's just it,

First Season we had Pep Conte

Season 2 we had Jose Conte

That City game was terrible, but I think that was just his way of pointing things out to the board, it's probably unprofessional for a manager to do that but I suppose we will never know why so it's one of those.
I do think though, if the board backed Pep Conte more he would have stayed, thats just my view, I  always support the club over managers, but with this fiasco its difficult for me, its taking way too long.

Unionjack likes this

Just now, dreamcfc said:

Very true man but that's just it,

First Season we had Pep Conte

Season 2 we had Jose Conte

That City game was terrible, but I think that was just his way of pointing things out to the board, it's probably unprofessional for a manager to do that but I suppose we will never know why so it's one of those.
I do think though, if the board backed Pep Conte more he would have stayed, thats just my view, I  always support the club over managers, but with this fiasco its difficult for me, its taking way too long.

Fair enough. It's really weird though that there are multiple reasons for our failure last season. You could actually blame the Board, the manager, the players and you won't be wrong anywhere in doing so. 

Unionjack likes this

6 hours ago, AK-3001 said:

Getting tired of your fake rumours. THere's nothing like this that DIMarzio has posted, I don't know where you see this. 

Also, we're finished? These posts are getting very irritating, stop supporting then or keep shut about it. Don't spread bullshit on here.

Haha  yes I am Indykalia and I spread fake rumours all day .   

This isn’t a fake rumor    But ok if you believe that is done deal I don’t want to stop you dreaming.

B8723D33-3FC4-458D-8BE6-9F14BF983CF1.png

Just a reminder before people quote that Padulla fella saying sarri is flying into London today....

The "hot monday"bullshit was first reported by him on the 9th Of June. Nearly a month ago. 

He knows FUCK ALL...like the rest of them 

the club is in shambles at the moment, no proper direction, the silence from the club is worrying, while others are going ahead with their business we remain still, how times have changed.

El P. and Supermonkey92 like this

16 minutes ago, Jason said:

Its just complete lunacy. It hurts to see us like this.

But what I find odd is that theres some that dont seem to feel any worry or fear for what is occurring. I am normally the eternal optimist but I gotta tell ya I'm shit scared.

But I still have this speck of Blue that keeps giving me a dose of optimism telling me all that needs to happen to sort this shit out is Sari instated and the 4 or 5 players we have been continually linked with jump on board the good ship Chelsea and let the rats who dont want to be here fuck off and good riddance.

Its the continual ifs, buts and maybes. If this comes out OK then we fuckin deserve something good to happen.

41 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Btw what I find odd is that theres some that dont seem to feel any worry or fear for what is occurring.

I just accepted the fact our board  likes to do things at the last minute. One American expat wrote these about time management in Russia, you know the place both Marina and Roman are from.

Issues and problems are solved under pressure and stress at the last-minute

Planning is not rigorous

If you want to manage your Russian team you better be a night owl. Often employees work late until 11 pm or 1 am (the direct consequence of dealing with things at the last-minute)

Like I said before I start to get worried and sad if I don't see Sarri at Cobham Monday morning. I feel similarly about the transfers too. 

16 minutes ago, Dimitr said:

Hahah ok enough is enough 

A78DD2A2-3114-4D1A-B6F8-CCDEF0161898.png

Always sceptical but you know what...that could cause a big hold up if and it's a HUGE IF, we were trying to sign Sarri and jorginho as well ,as has been reported ,off loading some of our players to Napoli! That would take some amount of time to negotiate. Still not buying it but it would explain hold up

Zola's agent :'Zola is out of #Chelsea negotiations, never talked to Chelsea about role in Sarri’s technical staff I can only say that the whole situation is very complicated. I've been reading Sarri to Chelsea is a done deal but as far as I know nothing is happening soon’ #CFC

From Calciomercato

:ph34r:

Kajo and Laylabelle like this

The year is 2045 and Chelsea are 48 hours away from announcing Sarri as new manager. 

In other news: Kante is still outrunning whole teams. 

Starman60 likes this

This is becoming infuriating. If the club want Sarri, Jorginho, whoever else. Fucking pay the money to sack Conte and get him in. Sign the players. This is embarrassing. Absolutely terrible. A ball hasn't been kicked and we are already potentially a laughing stock purely on a managerial pursuit that may not even happen yet and will end up with a coach who either is not wanted here or doesn't want to be here 100%. If that was Liverpool or United or City, we'd find it hilarious.  If Conte stayed and he was as motivated as the first year I'd be happy enough, but if he stays and doesn't or the players he has annoyed don't respond again, we are fucked. 

Mufassir08 likes this

I'm not angry anymore. I've lost all hope for next season. Midtable it is.

I need a break from watching men's football anyway. I'll continue to focus on the Ladies next season.

xPetrCechx likes this

I am real excited to hear what both parties have to say about this when/if this gets done. Even if it is some crazy Jorginho/Sarri for Cesc/Luiz/Money switch with a ton of moving parts it is still just simply inexcusable. We wonder why we have never closed a deal for a player with Napoli?  

12 minutes ago, Mana said:

I'm not angry anymore. I've lost all hope for next season. Midtable it is.

Bit extreme, we aren't finishing mid table fffs!!!!

ulsterchelsea likes this