test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

MrBlueGuy

Next Manager?

Started by MrBlueGuy,

Who should be Chelsea's next permanent manager?   272 members have voted

  1. 1. Who should be Chelsea's next permanent manager?

    • Carlo Ancelotti
    • Guus Hiddink
      0
    • Maurizio Sarri
    • Diego Simeone
    • Max Allegri
    • Brendan Rodgers
      0
    • Other
    • Luis Enrique
    • Thomas Tuchel

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5,409 posts in this topic
3 minutes ago, ulsterchelsea said:

Don't think any of this is effecting our plans tbh. Reckon sarri will have little say in who is brought in and do reckon we are working away lining up our targets to be confirmed once sarri arrives and world cup ends. As far as the manager not being in place for the loanies returning, who really cares? The club sure don't. And we won't see almost any of them again let alone this season. 

I have to think that these players we are supposedly in line to get and others we are linked to are definitely Sari type of players. I can't see our board looking at them on their own or Conte.

I really do hope Sari is in on Monday to start checking out the players, hes got no clue about the majority of them and I dont want him talking to Conte about them

Starman60 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ulsterchelsea said:

Don't think any of this is effecting our plans tbh. Reckon sarri will have little say in who is brought in and do reckon we are working away lining up our targets to be confirmed once sarri arrives and world cup ends. As far as the manager not being in place for the loanies returning, who really cares? The club sure don't. And we won't see almost any of them again let alone this season. 

A Very Bad Thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gianfranco Zola wants Chelsea to resolve managerial situation quickly

 

Gianfranco Zola hopes the protracted managerial saga at Chelsea is resolved soon and has refused to rule out a possible return to his former club.

manpe and Laylabelle like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Gianfranco Zola wants Chelsea to resolve managerial situation quickly

 

Gianfranco Zola hopes the protracted managerial saga at Chelsea is resolved soon and has refused to rule out a possible return to his former club.

Join the club

the wes likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Unionjack said:

I have to think that these players we are supposedly in line to get and others we are linked to are definitely Sari type of players. I can't see our board looking at them on their own or Conte.

I really do hope Sari is in on Monday to start checking out the players, hes got no clue about the majority of them and I dont want him talking to Conte about them

Oh aye they'll be the sort of players he will be after. Just mean for instance if like the media tried to say, if he wanted higuain, there's no way the club are going to spend stupid money on a 30 something player who's never played in the league before. They'll pick similar style player/position for better money/age etc

Unionjack likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

A Very Bad Thing.

It's the way the club has been recently. Plus sarri himself is quoted as saying that he doesn't need transfers. That he can coach whoever. I mean I'm paraphrasing but that was the extent of it

xPetrCechx likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ulsterchelsea said:

Oh aye they'll be the sort of players he will be after. Just mean for instance if like the media tried to say, if he wanted higuain, there's no way the club are going to spend stupid money on a 30 something player who's never played in the league before. They'll pick similar style player/position for better money/age etc

Yeah i never saw him as realistic tho I do think he would go down well and be a plaster, Lewandski too. tho i'd give my left dangley for icardi.

ulsterchelsea likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ulsterchelsea said:

Oh aye they'll be the sort of players he will be after. Just mean for instance if like the media tried to say, if he wanted higuain, there's no way the club are going to spend stupid money on a 30 something player who's never played in the league before. They'll pick similar style player/position for better money/age etc

I think the stance may have softened a little buying Giroud and the impact he had on lifting the team in the second half of the season. I do think the one year contracts at 30 years old is silly and deals should be taken on an individual basis. 30 years old is not what it was like 10-15 years ago, and many players are still playing at a peak level into their early 30's. Also consider the likes of Cole, Lampard and Drogba putting in stellar performances to winning the Champions League well into their 30's.

However I do think the price being bandied for Higuain is too much. If he was available for somewhere around £25-30m I do think the club may consider it.

ulsterchelsea likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All we know so far and for sure are;

1. Conte is and remains our manager for next year; no official indication whatsoever that it will not be the case;

2. ADL has never been contacted by Chelsea for Sarri; maybe he was recently, but it was never confirmed officially.

As for media blabla and speculation, I do not care.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seen on Twitter a guy from Gazetta posted a pic of Sarri's village and said words to the effect of "all quiet here, Sarri's friends and family await to see if deal can be done, however Sarri urgently left for Milan at around 5"

xPetrCechx likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

I think the stance may have softened a little buying Giroud and the impact he had on lifting the team in the second half of the season. I do think the one year contracts at 30 years old is silly and deals should be taken on an individual basis. 30 years old is not what it was like 10-15 years ago, and many players are still playing at a peak level into their early 30's. Also consider the likes of Cole, Lampard and Drogba putting in stellar performances to winning the Champions League well into their 30's.

However I do think the price being bandied for Higuain is too much. If he was available for somewhere around £25-30m I do think the club may consider it.

No I 100% agree with you. The whole 30 margin I find a bit unusual but it seems to be a thing. As you say i think big Ollie has been a success and would certainly warrant longer and others could play on much longer still. Just reckon they'll still try and stay with younger,more sellable transfer options so that if they don't pay off you can still cash in e.g. drinkwater,Barkley et al

Superblue_1986 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, ulsterchelsea said:

No I 100% agree with you. The whole 30 margin I find a bit unusual but it seems to be a thing. As you say i think big Ollie has been a success and would certainly warrant longer and others could play on much longer still. Just reckon they'll still try and stay with younger,more sellable transfer options so that if they don't pay off you can still cash in e.g. drinkwater,Barkley et al

It definitely makes sense to buy younger players from a risk perspective. We have been burnt badly buying players like Shevchenko for big money with no resale value if it was to bomb. Your case in point with Barkley, if he doesn't perform this season I'm pretty sure we could still sell him next summer for £15-20m comfortably, meaning the risk in buying him is far more minimal.

I think Arsenal used to adopt a one year policy over 30 and around this same time they started losing a lot of their big players around this age (Henry, Vieira). We have shown in the past that some of our older players remained critical to the success we have achieved. I hope that this policy we have adopted won't have the same affect that it did with Arsenal and we start losing players like Azpilicueta because the club are only prepared to offer one year contracts when he turns 30.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

It definitely makes sense to buy younger players from a risk perspective. We have been burnt badly buying players like Shevchenko for big money with no resale value if it was to bomb. Your case in point with Barkley, if he doesn't perform this season I'm pretty sure we could still sell him next summer for £15-20m comfortably, meaning the risk in buying him is far more minimal.

I think Arsenal used to adopt a one year policy over 30 and around this same time they started losing a lot of their big players around this age (Henry, Vieira). We have shown in the past that some of our older players remained critical to the success we have achieved. I hope that this policy we have adopted won't have the same affect that it did with Arsenal and we start losing players like Azpilicueta because the club are only prepared to offer one year contracts when he turns 30.

I actually said to a fella just today how very arsenal like we are becoming...

Fernando and Superblue_1986 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

According to @DiMarzio, Monday is the deadline for Sarri to Chelsea. If no agreement had been reached until Monday, then Conte will continue. No agreement has been reached for now. ADL is playing hardball

maybe we are finished.. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.