test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

MrBlueGuy

Next Manager?

Started by MrBlueGuy,

Who should be Chelsea's next permanent manager?   272 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be Chelsea's next permanent manager?

• Carlo Ancelotti
    • Guus Hiddink
    • Maurizio Sarri
    • Diego Simeone
    • Max Allegri
    • Brendan Rodgers
    • Other
    • Luis Enrique
    • Thomas Tuchel

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5,409 posts in this topic
32 minutes ago, Adnane said:

:P:P

I am genuinely starting to believe the absurd theory that this is all either a smokescreen or stupid rumours from the media and that Conte will stay.

This is not likely at all. The club would have released a statement ages ago considering all this media commotion and uncertainty is hurting the club's image badly. The public and especially the players are crying out for clarity, Hazard is threatening to quit for example. A statement would be the only reasonable thing to do to put those stories to bed and concentrate on going forward with Conte. No such thing has happened and at this point will probably not happen, because in reality Conte is not in the club's plans.

BXL70 likes this

20 hours ago, 11Drogba said:

The show tells the story of a crime family in Napels so Napoli fans made bunch of videos and memes of Sarri using this TV character. Sarri and the actor also met once.

It is a good show if anyone is looking to watch a new series in these boring summer days.

Cheers will check it out. I got through about three Sopranos seasons, but it was basically the same, and repetitive - glorifying arseholes, gratuitous violence, and the characters with no redeeming features -but James Gandolfini (RIP) was good

11Drogba likes this

5 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Cheers will check it out. I got through about three Sopranos seasons, but it was basically the same, and repetitive - glorifying arseholes, gratuitous violence, and the characters with no redeeming features -but James Gandolfini (RIP) was good

Whaaat! The Sopranos is immense. The acting is of the highest quality. James Gandolfinis performance is sublime.

Gammorah is brilliant too. The second season can feel a little repetative but it does deliver. 

12 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Then the following Monday, then the following Monday:lol:

Well it makes a change from the last 3 weeks when it was supposed to be every Thursday :P:P

13 hours ago, xPetrCechx said:

FB_IMG_1529657180423.jpg

What is it with Monday 😂😂😂 they said the same last Monday aswell 😂😂

We have reached halfway through the summer transfer market. No new signings, no manager update, no sales, no movement, just nothing.

Hazard I'm sorry that I doubted you for questioning Chelsea. This club doesn't really deserve you anymore. Pathetic we truly are.

I'm sure that the club is laying the groundwork for deals, etc.

It is important this summer that we get things right. If Sarri is coming in it will require a significant shift in our style and likely a move away from the formation we have become used to the last couple of years. Some players will adjust, and other players will struggle and for Sarri and the club to make decisions on some players or areas of the squad, he may need the chance first and foremost to see them in training and speak to them in person. This cannot be done until we're back in pre-season anyway. A perfect case in point could be Morata. Sarri ripped Higuain to shreds when he first joined Napoli and he was arguably the best striker in Europe that following season. He may want to see if he feels he can get more out of Morata first before discarding him or bringing in an expensive striker that uses up a large proportion of our transfer budget.

I know people are getting nervous but we are going to know in the next week or so for certain the manager situation with everybody coming back for pre-season and thereafter I'm sure we'll see some deals take place. I personally would rather see 3 top drawer signings than 6 or 7 good but not great ones anyway. We've also got loan players like Loftus-Cheek, Batshuayi, Kenedy, Mount, etc who could potentially come back into the fold much more confident and experienced to make an impact on the squad, and the likes of Barkley and Emerson who joined the club lacking match fitness and sharpness in January.

It would be expected for the likes of United, City and Liverpool to be pressing on with transfer plans quicker than us because their managers are set in place and already have a full assessment of the squads at their disposal and likely drew up transfer plans for this summer potentially months ago. Ok, Arsenal are in a similar boat to us but let's be honest so far their signings and/or potential signings seem fairly underwhelming for a squad that the last couple of seasons has been miles off the pace.

I still don't think we're far away at all from being comfortably back in the top 4. Despite all our problems last season and a woeful run of form we took Spurs and Liverpool all the way for the top 4, despite us not having a recognised goalscorer all season and they having the top two in the league between them,

Have faith.

manpe and Beepu like this

The situation isn't as bad as the media and some Chelsea fans are making out to be. I refuse to accept that a club our stature is at a complete stand still during a very important summer. We have made it quite common knowledge that we move in silence demostrated in past transfer windows. The media use us a their center peice for the rumour mill, if all people us the Chelsea fans should know that.

17 hours ago, Tomo said:

These "Monday" jokes are becoming as boring and unimaginative as the Vittese one's. 

Don't forget how people won't believe X until Nigeria news reports it. That ones a side splitter 

When we start the pre season again? oh shit, we have to wait 29 more days. You guys need to take some holidays.