test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

MrBlueGuy

Next Manager?

Started by MrBlueGuy,

Who should be Chelsea's next permanent manager?   272 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be Chelsea's next permanent manager?

• Carlo Ancelotti
    • Guus Hiddink
    • Maurizio Sarri
    • Diego Simeone
    • Max Allegri
    • Brendan Rodgers
    • Other
    • Luis Enrique
    • Thomas Tuchel

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5,409 posts in this topic
7 minutes ago, Jason said:

Not believing it for one second but IF we do go after Laurent Blanc, heads need to roll at board level. Hell, there should be a proper protest at Stamford Bridge. No one seems capable of making a decisive, well informed, swift decision and no one seems to have any direction of what to do either. How long can we really tolerate this inadequacy? Even our best players have started to lose patience! Said in a previous post, it has been 1 1/2 weeks since our season ended and we are still trying to sort our manager situation. Do we want to keep Conte or sack him and go after Sarri? What exactly do we want? It is so frustrating to see the other sides - Liverpool, City, United and hell, even Arsenal - start making signings or close in on players while we are trying to penny pinch (fucking penny pinching!) over 8 million (EIGHT!)! Do the board even realize we basically have only 2 months to prepare for next season? And that's without mentioning the distraction of World Cup in that period. Nothing good lasts forever but the way the club have operated in the last 5 years in comparison to the 5-8 years before that has been diabolical. 

I think this is how we all feel on the situation. It's diabolical. The only thing that could possibly change our minds is if we announce Sarri by the end of the week along with the signing of a top midfielder, winger and striker.

In case anyone why I haven't been posting a lot lately it's because I've been preparing body and mind for this job. Toroo lads, this is an inside scoop.

DDA likes this

From Sarri to Blanc. There is no concrete vision or direction in the club, the same way they hired Mourinho to manage young flair players they'd signed before - incompetence. Like bringing muslims to a christian church.

DDA, Unionjack and kellzfresh like this

Yup. Looks like it will be Blanc. :middlefinger:

Chelsea ditch Sarri due to 8 million clause and now going for Blanc is all over twitter. 

1 minute ago, Costa19 said:

Chelsea ditch Sarri due to 8 million clause and now going for Blanc is all over twitter. 

:lol: Yet they have no qualms paying OTT for shit like Drinkwater and Bakayoko. GTFO :lol: They should rename the club to Chelsea Comedy Club.

Costa19 likes this

23 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

This has classic CFC written all over it.

Imagine going from Sarri + Icardi rumors to Blanc + Crouchobodji. :D

On the serious side though. Blanc MUST be a club leak to put pressure on Napoli right? Because we CANT be serious about appointing Blanc (who reportedly wants higher wage than Sarri) when we refuse to pay Sarris clause? The costs will be about the same. Just doesnt make sense. 

Well at the same time.. Why do we haggling over 4 millions if we are serious about Sarri?

3 hours ago, manpe said:

:lol: Yet they have no qualms paying OTT for shit like Drinkwater and Bakayoko. GTFO :lol: They should rename the club to Chelsea Comedy Club. Hollywood FC

Fixed.

Costa19 likes this

To be fair Laurent Blanc isn't as bad of a potential appointment as he's being made out to be. He has a track record of success not just at PSG but also at Bordeaux before that. The job at PSG came with expectations and pressures to win which would be on show here.

Without being Guardiola or Sarri-esque, his teams have always looked to play on the front foot and control possession which is more productive than what we've seen this season, but in a much more balanced approach to attack and defence which would actually probably suit the current crop of players we have.

He's also got a pretty decent track record at giving young players opportunities. Also the counter argument of his managerial experience has only been within France mirrors that of Sarri with Italy.

He's not the most attractive and appealing of appointments on the face of things, but he would actually make sense under many considerations.

Despite this, I would still want Sarri. The potential that a manager could, given some time and some key areas of the squad strengthened, get us playing an attacking and attractive brand of football is what appeals most to me at this moment in time. I am intrigued to see how Sarri's style could be implemented to success and how it would fare in England. 

The Skipper, Tomo and AK-3001 like this

30 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

To be fair Laurent Blanc isn't as bad of a potential appointment as he's being made out to be. He has a track record of success not just at PSG but also at Bordeaux before that. The job at PSG came with expectations and pressures to win which would be on show here.

Sorry but Blanc would be A downgrade I rather keep conte than hire Blanc 

Wouldn't Blancs wages be higher than we would pay Sarri? So how is that saving us money?

I feel sorry for both Conte and Sarri. we are treating them like a coule of cunts.

Mana likes this

46 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Without being Guardiola or Sarri-esque, his teams have always looked to play on the front foot and control possession which is more productive than what we've seen this season, but in a much more balanced approach to attack and defence which would actually probably suit the current crop of players we have.

He's also got a pretty decent track record at giving young players opportunities. Also the counter argument of his managerial experience has only been within France mirrors that of Sarri with Italy.

He's not the most attractive and appealing of appointments on the face of things, but he would actually make sense under many considerations.

Despite this, I would still want Sarri. The potential that a manager could, given some time and some key areas of the squad strengthened, get us playing an attacking and attractive brand of football is what appeals most to me at this moment in time. I am intrigued to see how Sarri's style could be implemented to success and how it would fare in England. 

Blanc is a manager that can bring possession football and balance which is commendable, but Sarri will bring a new philosophy to the club that can last for years.

We would be guaranteed of playing out from the back for years even if sarri goes. Just like how barcelona kept guardiolas system years later, Sarri carries a similar system that can last almost as long. If 8mil is what will cause this type of mistake of picking blanc instead of sarri, then our board is far worse than i thought. 

Unionjack and Superblue_1986 like this