test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

MrBlueGuy

Next Manager?

Started by MrBlueGuy,

Who should be Chelsea's next permanent manager?   272 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be Chelsea's next permanent manager?

• Carlo Ancelotti
    • Guus Hiddink
    • Maurizio Sarri
    • Diego Simeone
    • Max Allegri
    • Brendan Rodgers
    • Other
    • Luis Enrique
    • Thomas Tuchel

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5,409 posts in this topic
15 minutes ago, DDA said:

I would love to have Insigne here on the field, let alone sitting on the bench.

A79F455A-7DBE-4BAC-9CC4-1D9071BCA8C2.jpeg.652f20ec4691f3b87a54604beda9eb90.jpeg

Guess we all would look like this before Chelsea manage to wrap Insigne up.

DDA, Starman60 and Fernando like this

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

This whole situation is becoming a farce. Are we going to sack Conte or not? If so, do we want Sarri or someone else? It has been 1 1/2 weeks since the end of our season and we're still trying to sort out this manager mess while other teams have already started working on getting transfers done. The lack of authority and decisiveness from the board is absolutely embarrassing for one of the top clubs in the world.

Our rivals are already starting to sign top players and our managerial situation still hasn't been sorted out like you said. They've clearly had plans in place and we're just waiting for the season to end before acting. We are going to be so far behind once the World Cup starts.

4 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Our rivals are already starting to sign top players and our managerial situation still hasn't been sorted out like you said. They've clearly had plans in place and we're just waiting for the season to end before acting. We are going to be so far behind once the World Cup starts.

Fuckin Contes fault! Sack him. =D

Clubs gonna be a right pigs ear of this summerI

19 minutes ago, Jason said:

This whole situation is becoming a farce. Are we going to sack Conte or not? If so, do we want Sarri or someone else? It has been 1 1/2 weeks since the end of our season and we're still trying to sort out this manager mess while other teams have already started working on getting transfers done. The lack of authority and decisiveness from the board is absolutely embarrassing for one of the top clubs in the world.

Is roman still having visa problems? 

I read some posts on a Napoli forum using google translate, that when the clause expires (and Sarri resign?) Napoli have to accept Sarris resignation and they can deny it with the support of some Italian law. 
I dont know the truth in it i just read it so dont shoot the messenger.

I can see it coming though. We play with fire and haggling over 8 millions and wait for Sarri to resign and then end up in a law circus with ADL and no one still knows who will be our manager come early July. 

:drunk:

Well.... Good luck to him cause he'll have a job in his hands! Some of our players seem a lost cause so would love for them to not be lol

Unionjack likes this

From my point of view while I’m thinking about Chelsea transfer market history the very first moment WC begins in Russia, there’s 90% of chance we’re finished with signing anything decent because everything after is a panic buy at best. 

Just now, Pizy said:

You can't produce a Michelangelo with bloody Crayons, so this whole thing about Sarri being ready to "work with what he's got" ain't gonna fly here. So hopefully that's not our boards mentality. "Ah, we have a good squad who just happened to underperform under Conte this past season. We'll just make one or two mid-level signings and compete for the title next season."

Would anyone be surprised? The same mentality they had after Mou last won it. Tread water.

Maybe he doesn't know what he's got.... Surprise when he realises lol. No one is a sodding magician! So hopefully he ain't expected to be otherwise byeee 

40 minutes ago, Pizy said:

You can't produce a Michelangelo with bloody Crayons, so this whole thing about Sarri being ready to "work with what he's got" ain't gonna fly here. So hopefully that's not our boards mentality. "Ah, we have a good squad who just happened to underperform under Conte this past season. We'll just make one or two mid-level signings and compete for the title next season."

Would anyone be surprised? The same mentality they had after Mou last won it. Tread water.

Even if he comes in with that mind set he will obviously be able to see hes short in some areas and will want players to beef up the first 11 and also we need better quality of depth as well in attacking areas without even looking at if any of Batshuayi/Morata/Pedro/Willian/Hazard depart. 

47 minutes ago, Pizy said:

We'll just make one or two mid-level signings and compete for the title next season."

But those mid level wonkey donkeys and high level one all added up to a decent chunk of change.

If only it was spent more wisely we PROBABLY wouldn't be in the state we are in now.

Let's put things into a bit of perspective everyone. We're coming off the back of a weekend and a bank holiday over here. There was never likely to be any movement or announcements over this period and the board may have realised that themselves to give us a little bit more time to sort things out.

If the media reports are to be believed, we've had the marathon meetings with Sarri's advisers and reportedly Sarri met Roman in Russia last week. I'm sure as part of selling his grand vision to the board, he's already identified and discussed transfer targets. There's nothing to suggest that we're not working hard on these at the moment, as well as sorting out the manager situation. The board rarely give much away and a lot of the speculation from the media is just that because they have no idea themselves.

Liverpool have announced Fabinho subject to personal terms, but United and City links are nothing but pure speculation at the moment. And Spurs and Arsenal too don't seem to be linked at the moment with much.

If another week goes by with nothing I would start to ask questions, but for now I don't think we should be overly worried.

5 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

But those mid level wonkey donkeys and high level one all added up to a decent chunk of change.

If only it was spent more wisely we PROBABLY wouldn't be in the state we are in now.

I honestly believe us as a club atm are in complete shit state. Unfortunately a new manager and a few shit lower level signings ain't going to fix it.

3 minutes ago, BluesMadLad said:

I honestly believe us as a club atm are in complete shit state. Unfortunately a new manager and a few shit lower level signings ain't going to fix it.

So very true

And if Roman is the fan and the businessman we think/hope he is then he will have more than some kiss arse men and woman of a board advising him of the real situation.

I'm giving Roman the benefit of a doubt right now that hes got our backs till its proved otherwise.

10 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Let's put things into a bit of perspective everyone. We're coming off the back of a weekend and a bank holiday over here. There was never likely to be any movement or announcements over this period and the board may have realised that themselves to give us a little bit more time to sort things out.

If the media reports are to be believed, we've had the marathon meetings with Sarri's advisers and reportedly Sarri met Roman in Russia last week. I'm sure as part of selling his grand vision to the board, he's already identified and discussed transfer targets. There's nothing to suggest that we're not working hard on these at the moment, as well as sorting out the manager situation. The board rarely give much away and a lot of the speculation from the media is just that because they have no idea themselves.

Liverpool have announced Fabinho subject to personal terms, but United and City links are nothing but pure speculation at the moment. And Spurs and Arsenal too don't seem to be linked at the moment with much.

If another week goes by with nothing I would start to ask questions, but for now I don't think we should be overly worried.

I agree with you. Also the legalities of sacking Conte seems to be a problem right now. I do expect the announcement by Thursday. I hope we are already working on the players that we will be signing under Sarri. 

But it's a mess at the club right now. We need a squad overhaul (yet again) and still don't have the targets, let alone negotiate for them and low balling for them for a month at least, cause that's how it's done here at Chelsea.

It's not good when other clubs have become so much stronger. Liverpool have bought Fabinho already and probably will announce Fekir in a week or 10 days max. As for United, Fred looks done and dusted. City already have the kind of squad that makes you shit bricks and I'm sure they'll be adding soon.

And more importantly, we don't have 31st August to save us this time around. 

Just now, AK-3001 said:

I agree with you. Also the legalities of sacking Conte seems to be a problem right now. I do expect the announcement by Thursday. I hope we are already working on the players that we will be signing under Sarri. 

It's a mess at the club right now. We need a squad overhaul (yet again) and still don't have the targets, let alone negotiate for them and low balling for them for a month at least, cause that's how it's done here at Chelsea.

It's not good when other clubs have become so much stronger. Liverpool have bought Fabinho already and probably will announce Fekir in a week or 10 days max. As for United, Fred looks done and dusted. City already have the kind of squad that makes you shit bricks and I'm sure they'll be adding soon.

And more importantly, we don't have 31st August to save us this time around. 

Agree at the moment things don't look bright but Chelsea made such a huge overhaul of their squad in the last 2 transfer windows.

At the moment most of the signings look terrible, but hopefully (1) a new manager and style may get more out of some of them (Emerson and Barkley for example) and (2) a season of acclimatisation will also help for people like Morata if they stay (think Pedro who was pretty awful in his first season but was very important in 2016/17).

The squad now is more bloated and should be able to cope with Europa League next year on top of the domestic campaign, and some players have done really well on loan who in theory could come back in next season like RLC, Batshuayi, Kenedy, etc. This should allow the club to focus on say 3 top signings to add to the squad and strengthen key areas, rather than having to cast our net wide in a scatter gun approach like we did last year.

Just now, Superblue_1986 said:

But this is the patten.. Think ah don't worry got time.. Don't worry got time... Don't worry. Oh shit there's a week left!!

Early days but expect more of the same.. Hoping not!! And if we get re linked with Carroll or some other crap... 

kellzfresh likes this