test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

MrBlueGuy

Next Manager?

Started by MrBlueGuy,

Who should be Chelsea's next permanent manager?   272 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be Chelsea's next permanent manager?

• Carlo Ancelotti
    • Guus Hiddink
    • Maurizio Sarri
    • Diego Simeone
    • Max Allegri
    • Brendan Rodgers
    • Other
    • Luis Enrique
    • Thomas Tuchel

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5,409 posts in this topic

I don't expect a manager of his quality to end up in Russia, but it would be interesting development if it happens.

Really hope this shit is resolved within the next week so I don't have to read and worry about us appointing some jerkoff that's completely unqualified. Don't think I could stand the speculation for a month or more.

Get it all done so we can enjoy the World Cup and scout some players. All I know is that if we appoint Jakonovic or someone else that's a huge risk we can surley kiss Hazard goodbye. We need s manager who has proven himself at the to level and commands instant respect from our players.

Starman60 and Unionjack like this

6 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Really hope this shit is resolved within the next week so I don't have to read and worry about us appointing some jerkoff that's completely unqualified. Don't think I could stand the speculation for a month or more.

Get it all done so we can enjoy the World Cup and scout some players. All I know is that if we appoint Jakonovic or someone else that's a huge risk we can surley kiss Hazard goodbye. We need s manager who has proven himself at the to level and commands instant respect from our players.

Wonder the board will consult Hazard on who should the next manager be...

16 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I think for hazard it would be more the style of football. If someone with a lower profile came in but wanted to play attack minded football with hazard at the forefront of that i think it would appeal more to him than a high profile defensive minded manager in a similar mould to Jose and Conte.

Duppy Conqueror likes this

20 minutes ago, Jason said:

Wonder the board will consult Hazard on who should the next manager be...

Obviously not, but I would sure hope they know by now that our players are tired of setting up the way we have now under our last two big managers and will go a completely different route with this next hire,

9 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Obviously not, but I would sure hope they know by now that our players are tired of setting up the way we have now under our last two big managers and will go a completely different route with this next hire,

Who knows. Mourinho reportedly spoke with Hazard about signing players in the past.

30 minutes ago, Jason said:

Elsewhere...

Decent appointment I must admit, although I doubt he'll have as much success in the PL as he did in France and Spain. 

1 minute ago, OneMoSalah said:

Decent appointment I must admit, although I doubt he'll have as much success in the PL as he did in France and Spain. 

Not sure you can say his time in France was a success...

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

I think you could be pleasantly surprised by Jakonovic. I watched an interview with him and he comes across as the sort of guy that commands respect. A mans man. Very cool individual.

jernej93 likes this

26 minutes ago, Jason said:

Not sure you can say his time in France was a success...

Yeah I suppose but hes an interesting coach.

6 minutes ago, DDA said:

I think you could be pleasantly surprised by Jakonovic. I watched an interview with him and he comes across as the sort of guy that commands respect. A mans man. Very cool individual.

Hes done a decent job with Fulham but I think his name being mentioned means we are literally scraping the bottle of the barrel to get a manager imo.

Unionjack and bigbluewillie like this

8 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Yeah I suppose but hes an interesting coach.

Hes done a decent job with Fulham but I think his name being mentioned means we are literally scraping the bottle of the barrel to get a manager imo.

Not nessiccarily. It might be because Roman has had enough of employing the big names. He might want to take us in a new and fresh direction. Give somebody the opportunity to prove himself on the big stage.

Just now, DDA said:

Not neccissarily. It might be because Roman has had enough of employing the big names. He might want to take us in a new and fresh direction. Give somebody the opportunity to prove himself on the big stage.

And get a taste of it all.. Before they then get the sack... 

Just now, Laylabelle said:

And get a taste of it all.. Before they then get the sack... 

Whoever comes here is inevitably going to get the sack. Even if they win the CL they will get sacked. It is what it is. I'm starting to make my peace with it. 

Laylabelle likes this

4 minutes ago, DDA said:

Not neccissarily. It might be because Roman has had enough of employing the big names. He might want to take us in a new and fresh direction. Give somebody the opportunity to prove himself on the big stage.

Or someone who will be a bit more grateful for the chance and will be willing to take what he gets player and budget wise? I genuinely think that if Roman is looking at these sort of appointments then we can expect more poor signings in the future as opposed to actually going out and competing financially. Luis Enrique will want shit loads of investment if he comes, Conte will if he stays, Sarri hopefully a similar mind set. Jakonovic? For a chance at a huge club, where he played at as well, for a guy with his experience as a coach...