test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

MrBlueGuy

Next Manager?

Started by MrBlueGuy,

Who should be Chelsea's next permanent manager?   272 members have voted

  1. 1. Who should be Chelsea's next permanent manager?

    • Carlo Ancelotti
    • Guus Hiddink
      0
    • Maurizio Sarri
    • Diego Simeone
    • Max Allegri
    • Brendan Rodgers
      0
    • Other
    • Luis Enrique
    • Thomas Tuchel

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5,409 posts in this topic

reports that Sarri is still waiting on Chelsea who are set to sack conte after the fa cup final....

Except the pipe dream that is pochettino, sarri is the next best choice with jardin being OK too imo... don't want enrique or blanc, those would be disasters

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, oldportblue said:

reports that Sarri is still waiting on Chelsea who are set to sack conte after the fa cup final....

Except the pipe dream that is pochettino, sarri is the next best choice with jardin being OK too imo... don't want enrique or blanc, those would be disasters

Why do you think Pochettino is a better choice than Sarri? Have you seen how Napoli play? Beautiful football. Potchettino is good but Tottenham don't really play pretty football.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, DDA said:

Why do you think Pochettino is a better choice than Sarri? Have you seen how Napoli play? Beautiful football. Potchettino is good but Tottenham don't really play pretty football.

Agreed, if we're going for a manager purely based on their style of football then Sarri is the best potentially available on the market by a mile.

Pochettino offers other positives (used to the league, will fuck up Spurs, etc) but he plays a far more balanced game. Spurs play good football but they aren't the great attacking force they're made out to be but they have Kane who scores an absolute boat load. 

If Sarri is still a possibility we should be pushing for it, because to me he seems the best option on the market that is realistically attainable.

DDA likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, DDA said:

Why do you think Pochettino is a better choice than Sarri? Have you seen how Napoli play? Beautiful football. Potchettino is good but Tottenham don't really play pretty football.

 

9 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Agreed, if we're going for a manager purely based on their style of football then Sarri is the best potentially available on the market by a mile.

Pochettino offers other positives (used to the league, will fuck up Spurs, etc) but he plays a far more balanced game. Spurs play good football but they aren't the great attacking force they're made out to be but they have Kane who scores an absolute boat load. 

If Sarri is still a possibility we should be pushing for it, because to me he seems the best option on the market that is realistically attainable.

You're right, Sarri plays better football but I don't think that should necessarily be the number one criteria by which we pick a manager. Poch knows the prem inside out by now and has come really close to winning it on a tight budget. I think he would hit the ground running here and could sign us some nice players ready to compete and dominate in the premier league. Neither has really won anything of note and both are used to playing second/third fiddle to a dominant team in their league but I would choose pochettino based on familiarity with the league, brining through young talent and of course to piss of spurs lol.

Having said all that I would love Sarri here as well and no one really knows which one would do better at Chelsea in the end (although the fact pochettino has manager several years in the premier definitely gives him an advantage imo)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, oldportblue said:

 

You're right, Sarri plays better football but I don't think that should necessarily be the number one criteria by which we pick a manager. Poch knows the prem inside out by now and has come really close to winning it on a tight budget. I think he would hit the ground running here and could sign us some nice players ready to compete and dominate in the premier league. Neither has really won anything of note and both are used to playing second/third fiddle to a dominant team in their league but I would choose pochettino based on familiarity with the league, brining through young talent and of course to piss of spurs lol.

Having said all that I would love Sarri here as well and no one really knows which one would do better at Chelsea in the end (although the fact pochettino has manager several years in the premier definitely gives him an advantage imo)

I agree with you but Pochettino is a pipe dream in my opinion. We may have greater resources than Spurs both in terms of finances and our academy but we need far more work at the moment and we don't have anyone anything like Kane up front.

On top of that Spurs just won't let him come to us, simple as that.

At least with Sarri he would be realistic as a target if he doesn't commit to Napoli. If he does then I don't see any other stand out candidates for the job which is really worrying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Agreed, if we're going for a manager purely based on their style of football then Sarri is the best potentially available on the market by a mile.

Pochettino offers other positives (used to the league, will fuck up Spurs, etc) but he plays a far more balanced game. Spurs play good football but they aren't the great attacking force they're made out to be but they have Kane who scores an absolute boat load. 

If Sarri is still a possibility we should be pushing for it, because to me he seems the best option on the market that is realistically attainable.

Ill go a step further, i don't think Spurs are great to watch atall. Them playing attacking football is a myth up there with Torres gives 100%.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't understand the constant hate for a few names, especially Blanc. He's done well in his career, PSG are mental and I don't think there are too many managers that will get out of the club in a reputable manner from there. Yet Blanc did really well with them, especially in UCL. 

 

People are also forgetting that Enrique took over a dismantled Pep side. xavi was retiring, Alves left later and they were not winning trophies anymore. He's made mistakes in a few games for sure (and that's an area of concern), but there are games where he put out a team like a genius. Especially 6-1 against PSG and 4-0 away from home at Real Madrid without Messi. 

 

Sarri of course is the most attractive option of them all, but writing off names without understanding in what circumstances they took over their previous clubs and what they did with them isnt the way to go imo

eemanyooel and Unionjack like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As for the newer, younger names. The higher risk high reward ones, they just won't work well at our club. The manager has much less power than the Board and the players. Players can just stop playing for him and the new manager with not so much history would be sacked in an instant when there's pressure on him. Players can just wheel him out of the club like they did with AvB and more importantly, even Mourinho. If this happens, the young manager won't be given half the time Mourinho got, to save the ship.

Unionjack likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Sampaoli manages Argentina i think mate.

Didn't he manage Chile when we were interested?  

Conte was managing Italy, Sarri is managing Napoli.  Poch is managing Tottenham.  Jardim is managing Monaco.  Having a current job, doesn't really seem to be a hindrance to us being interested in a candidate.  

Unionjack likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, oldportblue said:

 

You're right, Sarri plays better football but I don't think that should necessarily be the number one criteria by which we pick a manager. Poch knows the prem inside out by now and has come really close to winning it on a tight budget. I think he would hit the ground running here and could sign us some nice players ready to compete and dominate in the premier league. Neither has really won anything of note and both are used to playing second/third fiddle to a dominant team in their league but I would choose pochettino based on familiarity with the league, brining through young talent and of course to piss of spurs lol.

Having said all that I would love Sarri here as well and no one really knows which one would do better at Chelsea in the end (although the fact pochettino has manager several years in the premier definitely gives him an advantage imo)

Any good manager can work the Prem out pretty quickly, just look at Conte winning in his first season. For somebody who knows the Prem inside out, Potchettino has made pretty big mistakes when it has mattered most. The game vs us when Leicester won the league was poor management in my opinion. Spurs went awol and completely bottled it. That should and would not happen under a top manager who knows how to motivate his team in the big occasions. In fact, I think motivating the team past the finish line seems to be where Potchettino fails and on more than one occasion. Having said that, he does have positive qualities in terms of building a squad with a mix of youth and established players. Kane has bailed him out in a shit-load of games too which covers up alot of cracks that Spurs can show often.

Unionjack likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hamilton said:

Ranieri is available..

No thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know why I just don't feel the Sarri hype. I'd rather have Rafa than him. Like for real, at least Benitez knows the league and won some stuff. 

I mean the guy (Sarri) is 60 years old and won nothing so far. I accept that winning trophies is not an essential criteria, but only in the case of guys like Nagelsmann or Pochettino, who are still young and showed a lot of potential. When you are 60 years old, only coached in Italy and won jack shit, I'm sorry but I cannot get excited about the possibility of having you as the new manager. He sacrificed Europa League this season, he didn't rotate the squad properly. Not to mention his not so wise comments in the media. I understand that he likes to complain a lot and has kind of a filthy mouth. Exactly what we need, isn't it? 

I agree that Napoli had to deal with a huge Juve team during the Sarri era, but except for Juve there was no one really powerful there. They had plenty of cash, stability and support from the board. They didn't sell players easily like Roma had to. Sarri had a lot of things going his way. I do not agree with the fact that he's done wonders. He did a good job but that's about it. Bottom line is that he won nothing with them and I can't really say that they have too much of a future. A lot of guys reached their limits and will probably go. 

And if the spectacular football is his arguement, then why not go for Simeone Inzaghi, who actually manages this season's most spectacular Serie A team? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

Didn't he manage Chile when we were interested?  

Conte was managing Italy, Sarri is managing Napoli.  Poch is managing Tottenham.  Jardim is managing Monaco.  Having a current job, doesn't really seem to be a hindrance to us being interested in a candidate.  

I agree but he's not going to enter into discussions with us this close to the world cup. At least with conte it was sorted out months before the euros.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, akgw13 said:

I would be happy with Jardim

Yup, me too.

He did a fantastic job at Monaco. Still young also.

akgw13 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, DDA said:

Any good manager can work the Prem out pretty quickly, just look at Conte winning in his first season. For somebody who knows the Prem inside out, Potchettino has made pretty big mistakes when it has mattered most. The game vs us when Leicester won the league was poor management in my opinion. Spurs went awol and completely bottled it. That should and would not happen under a top manager who knows how to motivate his team in the big occasions. In fact, I think motivating the team past the finish line seems to be where Potchettino fails and on more than one occasion. Having said that, he does have positive qualities in terms of building a squad with a mix of youth and established players. Kane has bailed him out in a shit-load of games too which covers up alot of cracks that Spurs can show often.

Now that I think of it, Carlo won it during his first season with us in the premier league too but others have failed spectacularly as well (Scolari, AVB) so maybe that isn't the most important factor but it still plays in Pochettino's favour. As to Spurs bottling, they are eternal bottlers and I think that they'd be bottlers even with pep or zidane lol. Sarri is great too, would be happy with any of Poch, Sarri or Jardim.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.