test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

MrBlueGuy

Next Manager?

Started by MrBlueGuy,

Who should be Chelsea's next permanent manager?   272 members have voted

  1. 1. Who should be Chelsea's next permanent manager?

    • Carlo Ancelotti
    • Guus Hiddink
      0
    • Maurizio Sarri
    • Diego Simeone
    • Max Allegri
    • Brendan Rodgers
      0
    • Other
    • Luis Enrique
    • Thomas Tuchel

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5,409 posts in this topic
8 hours ago, zekinjo said:

 

Is this tweet suggesting that the whole Napoli football club eat there, and they have spilled the beans (to him) that Sarri has signed?  Seems a bit "Coutois' dad" (ie, a little bullshit).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, 11Drogba said:

Here are some videos that explain how Sarri's Napoli play

 

I was literally about to post the same videos. The more I watch of this guy, the more I pray we get him. He has made Napoli into a Barca-esque, total football playing side. It's quite exceptional.

Another glimpse of how good he has made them. ^

11Drogba likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we want to play Sarri-ball, we will need some players with technique.  No more stopping the play and putting your foot on the ball, either.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

No more stopping the play and putting your foot on the ball, either

For the life of me, I can never understand why we play padestrian football! All this foot on the ball, dilly-dallying and allowing the oppisition to fall back baffles me.

Sarri loves the one and two touch style that not only makes logical sense when trying to cut open defences but looks east on the eye too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Despiadado.Maleante said:

Rumours only started when Wenger announced his leaving. I think his off to arsenal.

Oh God no. If he ends up with those wankers, it would be the beginning of a horrible era in the Prem for us. Could you imagine if Sarri manages to replicate what he has done at Napoli with Arsenal. DT and Troops will jostle themselves silly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DDA said:

Oh God no. If he ends up with those wankers, it would be the beginning of a horrible era in the Prem for us. Could you imagine if Sarri manages to replicate what he has done at Napoli with Arsenal. DT and Troops will jostle themselves silly.

And I would hate them even more than I do now and hate is a word I domt use freely.

e6032911cafe61e740ca33cea53277fb.gif

Sideshow Luiz and DDA like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/4/2018 at 3:09 AM, Sideshow Luiz said:

Is this tweet suggesting that the whole Napoli football club eat there, and they have spilled the beans (to him) that Sarri has signed?  Seems a bit "Coutois' dad" (ie, a little bullshit).

Could be, why not. He literally said Jorginho is eating there among many others. With many reports these days about Sarri and Chelsea... I don’t know, let’s see..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Just read that De Laurentiis has come out slagging Sarri off for severe lack of rotation!

hmmmm!

He also said Maurizio was constantly asking for Top players he couldn’t get..

Unionjack likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, zekinjo said:

He also said Maurizio was constantly asking for Top players he couldn’t get..

Yep. Its probably going to rise up in any conversation with Roman during his interview lol I know it would be on the top of my list of work related questions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, zekinjo said:

Could be, why not. He literally said Jorginho is eating there among many others. With many reports these days about Sarri and Chelsea... I don’t know, let’s see..

I'm just trying to stay a bit grounded.  I'd really like this signing.  Honestly, with the troubles we've had in 2 of the last 3 seasons, in the end, it's not so bad, but I want to see some fire in the squad and it would be nice to see some pro-active football for a change.  I could live with the results, if there was something even half enjoyable on the pitch.  I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Jason said:

 

He wants a few quid in his pocket when he comes to us.

I'm thinking at the moment Antonio might not go anywhere tho. MAYBE Roman wants to save his sacking fee? But only 2 weeks and we might find out?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hard not to get a little excited about the thought of Sarri chain smoking through the game.

I let my mind wander yesterday watching Hazard(if we keep him), thinking to myself....Sarri made Insigne & Mertens world class, what the heck could he do with Hazard, Willian, Morata & RLC!

I am slightly worried about such a drastic playing style change and perhaps a different mentality along with it but we look somewhat like a rudderless ship at the moment, stuck between the hard nosed gritty defensive teams of the past and the free flowing teams of the present/future. 

With our current roster & youth teams I think Sarri would be able to make some noise, my expectations would be a reasonable push for the league crown and regaining champions league qualifications(this should go unsaid, but is absolutely necessary) Probably treat the Europa league similar to Arsenal this year, coast through early with backups and youth then focus if we make it far enough, luck of the draw influences it too much to be placed as our 1A option. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel the same as I did 2 seasons ago.  I'm actually okay with no CL football.  Well, of course I wish we were in it, but I'm not devastated.  The Mourinho DNA in this team brought us a lot of trophies, but it's also the reason why we revert back to type when our backs are agains the wall.  Pragmatic football.  I'm okay with missing out on trophies for the next little bit (will probably happen anyway considering that we don't spend in the market right now), so now's really the time to bring in someone who wants to play attacking football.  I've really got my eggs in the Sarri basket.  

Strike and Unionjack like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

I feel the same as I did 2 seasons ago.  I'm actually okay with no CL football.  Well, of course I wish we were in it, but I'm not devastated.  The Mourinho DNA in this team brought us a lot of trophies, but it's also the reason why we revert back to type when our backs are agains the wall.  Pragmatic football.  I'm okay with missing out on trophies for the next little bit (will probably happen anyway considering that we don't spend in the market right now), so now's really the time to bring in someone who wants to play attacking football.  I've really got my eggs in the Sarri basket.  

I feel the same

We havent been that tight fisted really. Its just we buy alot of box standard players instead of 1st class.But we dont (never have) attract those players.

But we know that with the grond being built we will not be spending £200 mill a year on players. So its even more important we get a GOOD transfer team/scouts and have them working hand in glove with whatever manager we get. Or it will be another managerial revolcing door.

Sideshow Luiz likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.