Has PL lost footballing quality?

termninja

I don't think i will , last superbowl had 12 minutes of actual game time. This is not enough for me to spend hours watching

Superbowl is like the CL final.

You rarely get a good game as it's all fanfare.

The best game times are always the playoffs.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@lucio Super Bowl XLIX was amazing but I agree with @Fernando the Playoff Games are amazing. The NFC championship game was crazy! The atmosphere at CenturyLink Field (where the Seahawks play) is unlike any in a Premier League stadium.

Try other NA Sports too like basketball and I hear hockey is great too, but I don't find the time to watch it.

@lucio Super Bowl XLIX was amazing but I agree with @Fernando the Playoff Games are amazing. The NFC championship game was crazy! The atmosphere at CenturyLink Field (where the Seahawks play) is unlike any in a Premier League stadium.

Try other NA Sports too like basketball and I hear hockey is great too, but I don't find the time to watch it.

Im joining a lacrosse team in September, idk how popular that is

Have you been to every PL stadium and to CenturyLink Field for you to say that or?

Have you been to every PL stadium and to CenturyLink Field for you to say that or?

It seems as though people can't voice their opinion anymore without being bitter, or maybe it's cos they're behind the safety of a monitor.....

I have never been to the US but do you seriously think it's not obvious that the Oracle is not louder than the Barclays Center?

EDIT: LOUDER THAN THE BARCLAYS CENTER!!!! THAT'S WHY IT'S CALLED THE ROARACLE!

It seems as though people can't voice their opinion anymore without being bitter, or maybe it's cos they're behind the safety of a monitor.....

I have never been to the US but do you seriously think it's not obvious that the Oracle is not louder than the Barclays Center?

I'm not being bitter at all, just wondering how you're gauging these atmospheres pal. I'm asking in the most inquisitive ways. Why do you feel like the atmosphere is better?

I've been to the US plenty of times and have been at a game at the Gillette Stadium (Patriots), but I've also been to plenty of PL games and from my very small sample (because I haven't been to every single American Football stadium or PL stadium) it's absolutely impossible to gauge from that which atmosphere is generally better.

Why did you quote me with an empty post? :P

OOPS EDIT I MEANT LOUDER THAN THE BARCLAYS CENTER!!!! SORRY!

Why did you quote me with an empty post? :P

OOPS EDIT I MEANT LOUDER THAN THE BARCLAYS CENTER!!!! SORRY!

PS - I play American Football at my university myself and also watch a lot of NBA over the year and it's impossible for anyone to tell what atmosphere is better by just watching it on TV.

I'm not being bitter at all, just wondering how you're gauging these atmospheres pal. I'm asking in the most inquisitive ways. Why do you feel like the atmosphere is better?

I've been to the US plenty of times and have been at a game at the Gillette Stadium (Patriots), but I've also been to plenty of PL games and from my very small sample (because I haven't been to every single American Football stadium or PL stadium) it's absolutely impossible to gauge from that which atmosphere is generally better.

Ah sorry mate sounded like that. Internet is really terrible when it comes to judging tone.....

To be frank it's based on what you hear from people who are there and also the television screen and also the fans' behaviour in the crowd. The Pats fans aren't as loud as Seahawks fans, Seattle's fans are mental! I'd recommend having a look at some YouTube videos of the atmosphere there.

I know the television isn't the best indicator but it's fairly obvious that BVB fans are louder than Arsenal fans for example and as I mentioned earlier that Warriors fans are much louder than the silent observers in Brooklyn.

It's also fairly obvious, I assume, for you - from your television screen to guess that Apoel fans here are much louder than Chelsea fans (something which my peers never fail to remind me.... as well as constantly reminding me that Apoel drew 2-2 at Stamford Bridge and how their fans are much more passionate).

PS - I play American Football at my university myself and also watch a lot of NBA over the year and it's impossible for anyone to tell what atmosphere is better by just watching it on TV.

I'm a big basketball fan too and watch the NBA all year round (because I missed most of the Playoffs during the Exams I've been watching the Playoffs on recording during the summer), and I play basketball as well. Yes, I agree that TV isn't the best indicator.

I have an American football in my home but no one knows how to play it here so there's no way I can play football.

but regarding the top post, it's pretty obvious that the crowd is much louder during a Playoff game at 3rd and long than on 1st down during a regular season game.

Yes, definetely.

La Liga

is the place to be at the moment. The most thrilling, intense, end to end stuff with highest technical quality is happening over there. Every big match proves why football is the best sport. Sevilla - Barcelona, Barcelona - Valencia, Atletico - Real, Real - Valencia, Real - Sevilla, Atletico - Valencia, Valencia - Sevilla I really don't know if any big match dissapointed last season. Also it's quite good that La Liga plays their biggest matches at the evenings. While in Premier League everything seem slower, less intense and somehow obsolote not to say that quality of the players and teams are generally lower.

Of course most lower team matches are better in England than anywhere else but if you want intensity and quality at the highest level La Liga don't dissapoint. Meanwhile Premier League is talking step back. Does any big match last season was memorable ?

I think if La Liga clubs, those lower sides, have as much money as their Premier League sisters, the quality of the whole league would be much much better than the Premier League. They develop better, play more attractive with better technical quality, for example Getafe's of their world would be much better than Sunderland but the money gap is hard to fill.

I'm hugely dissapointed with the Premier League, I thought that 2013 new Premier League TV deal and extra revenue for each club would elevate whole quality of the clubs but it didn't happen. In theory it could. But it caused that players like Steven Fletcher costs 13m£ and Shane Long 12m£. So now we have another Premier League TV deal which kicks in 2016, and of course it affects cost of players like Fletcher and Long, as much as anything.

I want Premier League to be the best but can't say they're the best, certainly not on the highest end. Less intensity, less technical quality than somewhere else.

I think its better than ever. Just the top teams aren't great.

Maybe the top ten including the likes of Swansea, Stoke, Saints but there is some complete dross at the bottom.

I mean take Sunderland for example, Dick Advocàat is a top class highly experienced coach yet couldn't prevent a 1-3 home defeat to Norwich. No team with a coach of his quality should be getting thrashed at home to anyone, let alone a side just recently promoted via the play offs.

A lot of the bottom half teams can to a point organize off the ball, but going forward the lack of quality is painful to watch.

i`ve been to many NFL games including the supposedly most vocal like Arrowhead and the Linc in Philly. and been to about 250 football grounds throughout Europe,about 80 in England (and Wales).

in the NFL grounds it`s just noise really..their chants if you can call them such or like the fucking brady bunch wrote them..."here we steelers,here we go.." etc..when a TD is scored there`s loud cheering.but they just don`t do the singing,chanting,comedy like we do in Football

college football,fans in America are closer to atmosphere of European football crowds.

More money in pl will only give one thing: players in all europe will be more expensive.

There will be some bargains, but you get the point.

As for PL, I think smaller teams improved but generaly all teams in europe did, not just PL. And with the money PL teams have, they do awfull bussiness. Great on paper, shit on pitch.

Also, PL is already hungry for good football talents from england. Spain germany even france dont have such problems. Money will make this even worse because small teams will instead of developing own players simply buy foreign. Its quicker and more reliable. Take a look at west ham. Once they were good football academy, now all they do is buy buy buy. And still cant get into europa league.

Not to mention the big teams from england in europe. We were much better in past, from 2005-2010. Despite all the names we have now, back then we actualy dominated the midfields with sheer power and quick football with great efficiency. Now we try to be fancy, buy fancy players, but still play defensive. No wonder we ultimately failed since 2012. United and liverpool are shadows of what they were, city is absolute shit in europe. Even Monaco managed to have better campaign last season; the first season of cl football for them in long time. City is there for years now and they still play shit. Arsenal is...well arsenal.

Anyway about the money deal, Monaco is perfect example. They had shitload but didnt realy get the best of it. Then the money pipe was closed; they focused on younger players and they actualy have plan, good performances and positive results. Something majority of Pl clubs should take as example.

Whole PL is about the money now. La liga, Real and Barca are seriously in the money thing, rest of league is still pretty much focused on playing good football with what they can get. But PL, all about buy buy buy and get fast success.

In couple years there will be no more good english players or that percentage will be alot lower than it is now. Everton wont be developing next Stones but rather buy Funes Mori or whoever. Liverpool wont develop next sterling (ibe is not counting here) but will rather buy Firmino. West ham wont be developing next lamps or joe but rather buy Poyet etc.