Radamel Falcao

BlueLion.

I think a lot of you are going to horribly wrong about which players are going to be useful and which ones are actually going to leave...

AVB said he is only going to meet up with the current squad next month, and will be most likely assessing their motivation levels/commitment and judge their usefulness for next season over the course of the pre-season.

I have no doubt he will shift out players if he feels they aren't useful...he did so at Porto with Raul Meireles and Bruno Alves ( Portuguese even)..but won't do so without much consideration..Unlike some of us fans he isn't biased for or against any player...

I'm just saying....chai.gif

Why are you saying that? The main core of the problem regarding Torres is the fact that we have no playmaker! You wouldn't be saying that if either Moutinho or Modric joined us.

emo3.gif

Exactly!

He's always been a world-class striker, but his injuries and lack of form recently certainly haven't been helped by our lack of midfield creativity. Most of his goals for Liverpool came courtesy of Gerrard.

I think a lot of you are going to horribly wrong about which players are going to be useful and which ones are actually going to leave...

AVB said he is only going to meet up with the current squad next month, and will be most likely assessing their motivation levels/commitment and judge their usefulness for next season over the course of the pre-season.

I have no doubt he will shift out players if he feels they aren't useful...he did so at Porto with Raul Meireles and Bruno Alves ( Portuguese even)..but won't do so without much consideration..Unlike some of us fans he isn't biased for or against any player...

I'm just saying....chai.gif

Now why do you want to go and be reasonable and patient.

I am fed up with Chelsea linked only with strikers ( and one winger we sent on loan). Dont get me wrong, Falcao is very good striker and sadly we dont have any striker in form so he is not luxury, but when will we search for winger and creative midfielder? Without superb winger(s) and creative midfielder , every strker will fail at Chelsea. unsure.gifScums are there where they are, mostly because they have best wingers in EPL , who provide them best attack and scoring in late period of match, when they need most. Scourses have Suarez and allegedly they are getting Mata. They will have better wingers than scums! rant.gif And we? If something doesnt change we wil l be behind no matter how good striker we have (on paper). When (or will) our board get this? wank2.gif

Why are you saying that? The main core of the problem regarding Torres is the fact that we have no playmaker! You wouldn't be saying that if either Moutinho or Modric joined us.

For me Torres doesnt fit in blue. I dont like, and never will. Even if he succeed and scores the winning goal in a CL final, you'll never see me wearing a shirt with his name.

As long as he is a Chelsea's player I want him to score goals, but at the same time I want him to play elsewhere.

Fair enough.

But if Falcao comes in soon, that kinda blows his assertion that he'll review the squad before making any major decisions out the water, no? And if AVB brings in Falcao, you don't think he won't be biased towards him compared to the other strikers here?

For me Torres doesnt fit in blue. I dont like, and never will. Even if he succeed and scores the winning goal in a CL final, you'll never see me wearing a shirt with his name.

As long as he is a Chelsea's player I want him to score goals, but at the same time I want him to play elsewhere.

Then that's not really about him succeeding at Chelsea as you asserted earlier.

Will only be a smart move if followed by the steps mentioned below :

1. It's just the start of a whole squad shake up where there will be a lo of departures and at least 2 or 3 more signings .
  2. Drogba , Kalou and Anelka must leave if we sign falcao , and lukaku shouldn't be signed.
  3. Drogba to be used as part of player + cash deal for Modric , as Tottenham really need him and we need modric . would be a smart move by both clubs.
  4. The other signings should be a creative CM (modric) and 2 wingers and one of them should be hulk as he has already proved to work wonders along side with falcao
  5. Torres and Falcao should never start together , Torres should have another chance to lead the line with falcao coming in the last 20 minutes if we need goals and rotated with fernando every now and then , If torres fails again then Falcao should get the chance to prove himself.
  6. I know a lot will hate me for this but sturridge is not a CF , he is more of a SS . he doesn't have the attributes to play as a lone striker as his movement isn't top notch a la El nino , he is not strong talisman who can hold the ball for teammates a la Didier and he is not a clinical finisher a la Eto or Falcao .

The most important thing if falcao arrives is the departure of Drogba , anelka and kalou . And the arrival of 2 wingers.

Was it 30?

No their not good enough lol

But that is besides the point, the fact is even with this same midfield they still both scored 12+ goals.

Falcao will not score 30 goals with this midfield, but he will not score 1 either.

emo3.gif

Exactly!

He's always been a world-class striker, but his injuries and lack of form recently certainly haven't been helped by our lack of midfield creativity. Most of his goals for Liverpool came courtesy of Gerrard.

Looking at Torres 07/08 season focusing on PL only, he scored 24 goals and had 3 assists. Gerrard had 11 goals and 11 assists so the big assumption is Gerrard provided most of those assists for Torres. Torres has never been one to provide a lot of assists either.

I was looking at Chelsea 2010/11 PL only and I was surprised:

Drogba with 13 assists (highest on the team)

Torres and Lampard tied with 2 assists each

Okay, so supposing Torres, come the end of next season becomes top scorer... and Modric's pass completion is over 60% ... would you still want Torres to play elsewhere.

You know what I think? The reason why Torres' Chelsea form has been off, is because he was bought in January!