Radamel Falcao

BlueLion.

Guest justin_3d

Dont ask me why but i have a funny feeling AVB will make Josh's development one of his priority's.

I hope he can help Sturridge, Josh and Kakuta get their game on.

And any other youngster will be amazing, like Lakovic, or Clifford. Get these youngster playing, and we won't need to buy creative midfield. blue%20scalf.gif

Come on AVB surprise us with these youngsters. We are dying to see our younger guys get some good game time. B)

Sort of, but i think it was mostly cause Mourinho did not want him.

In the case over here Carlo did wanted Torres.

Not sure what AVB thinks of Torres.

The only way we will find that out is how he fairs during pre-season. Boas has already said that the players will be respected of their quality and he will give them a chance in some games before he makes a choice on what to do with them.

Maybe even Torres will be pushed behind as a support striker (his movement would compliment that role).

Anyway like you said, we'll wait and see!

LDN, I agree with some of your points but this one I can't. Torres has never been and will not be a SS. He is an old fashion #9 (which has both been good and bad for him) and to play him otherwise is a waste. If he could play SS, Carlo would have done it this past season with him supporting Drogba. And Carlo never did. Drogba was the one who was asked to play out of position to the right even if Torres did go wide and deep quite often. But that was out of necessity or else he would have never seen the ball.

Before AVB signed no one here would of even given Falcao a chance, Why? Because Hes one dimensional and OVERRATED!

And i could say the same about Lukaku.

I don't care how one dimensional he is, he scores goals and that is all that matters really.

Though I think there's a hint of misunderstanding on your part. I don't mean for Falcao to be a back up, I mean for him and Torres to bring the best out of each other. I think they could work together and also push each other to bring the best out of each other. Maybe even Torres will be pushed behind as a support striker (his movement would compliment that role).

What's this thing some people here have with playing players out of their natural position :lol:.

Torres as a second striker, as in Torres being the link between midfield and attack and the creative spark in the middle when for as long as I've known he is someone who plays off the shoulder of the last defender and hardly gets involved in build-up play.. that would be interesting to see.

And i could say the same about Lukaku.

I don't care how one dimensional he is, like i said before he is more or else like Chicarito, in the sense that all he does is score goals!

Yes, Chicharito worked because Rooney is a SS. Torres isn't remotely like Rooney. So how will AVB play Torres and Falcao together?

Guest justin_3d

Yes, Chicharito worked because Rooney is a SS. Torres isn't remotely like Rooney. So how will AVB play Torres and Falcao together?

Can play a 4-4-2.

He does not has to play the 4-3-3 exclusively.

How can Lukaku be overrated? He's still SOOOOO young and got everything to prove, If AVB is as intelligent as we all think he is He'll sign Lukaku instead of Falcao!

To be fair i want Lukaku over Falcao but when it comes down to it id trust Andre's judgement over mine any day :)

And any other youngster will be amazing, like Lakovic, or Clifford. Get these youngster playing, and we won't need to buy creative midfield. blue%20scalf.gif

Come on AVB surprise us with these youngsters. We are dying to see our younger guys get some good game time. B)

Good shout with Lalkovic, with Drogba on the way out we need a new Arsenal basher and judging by his record against them in youth and reserve, he's the man emo5.gif

Clifford (Conor) = future captain hopefully

LDN, I agree with some of your points but this one I can't. Torres has never been and will not be a SS. He is an old fashion #9 (which has both been good and bad for him) and to play him otherwise is a waste. If he could play SS, Carlo would have done it this past season with him supporting Drogba. And Carlo never did. Drogba was the one who was asked to play out of position to the right even if Torres did go wide and deep quite often. But that was out of necessity or else he would have never seen the ball.

What's this thing some people here have with playing players out of their natural position :lol:.

Torres as a second striker, as in Torres being the link between midfield and attack and the creative spark in the middle when for as long as I've known he is someone who plays off the shoulder of the last defender and hardly gets involved in build-up play.. that would be interesting to see.

Haha okay on reflection that was a stupid thing to say :lol:

But I still think there's something Villas-Boas can do with both Falcao & Torres in one side & if not I'm sure he'll find a system where they bring out the best of each other. Heck for all we know, Falcao might not even be a target :whistling:

Can play a 4-4-2.

He does not has to play the 4-3-3 exclusively.

Even it in a 4-4-2, one of the strikers is usually more of a SS and the other is a pure striker/finisher. Torres I know falls in the latter category. Falcao I have heard is the same. What top club plays with two #9s consistently?

4-3-1-2? he will figure it out :)

How can Lukaku be overrated? He's still SOOOOO young and got everything to prove, If AVB is as intelligent as we all think he is He'll sign Lukaku instead of Falcao!

Did i say Lukaku was overrated? i was talking about the one dimensional part.

Guest justin_3d

Even it in a 4-4-2, one of the strikers is usually more of a SS and the other is a pure striker/finisher. Torres I know falls in the latter category. Falcao I have heard is the same. What top club plays with two #9s consistently?

True that.

One can only dream. B)

That is the reason CA kinda struggled, he failed to take the risks. Was too reserved with his approach ! :(

:goodpost: