Man City v Chelsea

Jase

I'm just glad we have this fixture out of the way so early.

I'm predicting a boring draw. If we lose this, however, I think we're in for a long and nervy season without some quality additions. Can't afford to start like Arsenal did last season by spotting our rivals an early gap.

Agree but the question is, if that were to happen, can they keep their lead at the top of the table like we've done under Mourinho or Fergie's United? I doubt it.

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree but the question is, if that were to happen, can they keep their lead at the top of the table like we've done under Mourinho or Fergie's United? I doubt it.

Good point and I agree. If it's Arsenal for example they'll start to struggle when the other competitions start and they have to juggle the CL and PL at the same time. Hope so anyways.

I'm more concerned about us having enough firepower to claw back the others if we fall too far behind.

Bego

Zouma Cahill Terry Azpi

Matic

Oscar Willian

Moses Costa Hazard

Bench Blackman, Iva, Aaina, Mikel, Cesc, Traore, Remy

1-2.

You stole my 'let me create a line-up in my mind I know will never happen in reality' line-up.

Would be nice if he dropped Cesc and Ivanovic, just to show them they're not guaranteed starters. But I doubt it will happen. I can see the Mikel in DM and Cesc at #10 move happening.

A win might be too much to ask so I'll settle for a draw. Most likely breaking out the ol' bus for this one.

Set-pieces and a moment of magic from Cesc or Hazard.

Would be nice if City dropped points tomorrow. Just to add to the drama.

I can see the Mikel in DM and Cesc at #10 move happening.

Why would there be any reason for Mikel starting? Matic, despite the circumstances against Swansea still bossed whatever sort of midfield we had!

Mikel should not be within touching distance of the starting XI. Either Oscar or Ramires should start alongside and Fabregas be dropped.. I still don't understand how Mikel has lasted this long at our club to be honest. Not saying it'll happen, but I wouldn't be surprised he gets sold by 1st September!

Suppose the sale of Mikel would only happen if Jose had an instant replacement in mind.. Aranguiz.. Witsel.. but nope, he's said nothing's happening!

You stole my 'let me create a line-up in my mind I know will never happen in reality' line-up.

Would be nice if he dropped Cesc and Ivanovic, just to show them they're not guaranteed starters. But I doubt it will happen. I can see the Mikel in DM and Cesc at #10 move happening.

A win might be too much to ask so I'll settle for a draw. Most likely breaking out the ol' bus for this one.

Set-pieces and a moment of magic from Cesc or Hazard.

Would be nice if City dropped points tomorrow. Just to add to the drama.

Tbh I wanted to see Oscar & Willian in the CM regardless of yesterday - Cesc is just too vulnerable.

BTW having Mikel-Matic-Cesc midfield, I will expect us to lose by a large margin. Aguero, Sterling, and Silva will rip them a new arsehole, while the pace of Matic-Ocar-Willian makes it a solid if slightly less dynamic (although I wouldn't say that much less) midfield. Plus, Oscar fucking shoots rather than contracting Arsenal disease and trying to pass it into the net. Much of the reason why I like the kid, and it seems that when he plays well, the whole team plays well. Consequently (although also the 10 men dilemma) when he went off the team went to shit.

And as for RB, well it simply can't carry on. IMO, Zouma is quicker and a better all round defender, better at closing people down and therefore a better candidate for RB than Iva, and I want to see him in the team, since Cahill has recovered himself and actually saved us from quite a few scares.

IMO - Oscar free kick and a Costa goal. BTW Oscar is better at free kicks than Cesc is, I think. Set piece delivery is about the same.

If we win, but still have that woeful performance, then nope, all is not forgotten. From me anyway.

You need to piss off and support Barca or someone pal if you have to have decent football with the win.

Tbh I wanted to see Oscar & Willian in the CM regardless of yesterday - Cesc is just too vulnerable.

BTW having Mikel-Matic-Cesc midfield, I will expect us to lose by a large margin. Aguero, Sterling, and Silva will rip them a new arsehole, while the pace of Matic-Ocar-Willian makes it a solid if slightly less dynamic (although I wouldn't say that much less) midfield. Plus, Oscar fucking shoots rather than contracting Arsenal disease and trying to pass it into the net. Much of the reason why I like the kid, and it seems that when he plays well, the whole team plays well. Consequently (although also the 10 men dilemma) when he went off the team went to shit.

And as for RB, well it simply can't carry on. IMO, Zouma is quicker and a better all round defender, better at closing people down and therefore a better candidate for RB than Iva, and I want to see him in the team, since Cahill has recovered himself and actually saved us from quite a few scares.

IMO - Oscar free kick and a Costa goal. BTW Oscar is better at free kicks than Cesc is, I think. Set piece delivery is about the same.

Zouma is not quicker than Ivanovic. Putting Zouma at RB would be ludicrous imo. I think Montero would have done the same to any of our FB. Possibly even Azpi. I would definitely keep Ivanovic in at RB for City. He had a poor game yesterday but as we have no alternate LB he has to play there really.

Zouma is not quicker than Ivanovic. Putting Zouma at RB would be ludicrous imo. I think Montero would have done the same to any of our FB. Possibly even Azpi. I would definitely keep Ivanovic in at RB for City. He had a poor game yesterday but as we have no alternate LB he has to play there really.

What? Of course he is. Comfortably even. Quicker off the mark and faster over distance. Ivanovic has no pace.

He is easily quicker. The boy is a fantastic all round athlete. I won't be as naive to say he would have done much better than Iva but he couldn't have been much worse.

What? Of course he is. Comfortably even. Quicker off the mark and faster over distance. Ivanovic has no pace.

He is easily quicker. The boy is a fantastic all round athlete. I won't be as naive to say he would have done much better than Iva but he couldn't have been much worse.

Ivanovic does have pace. He is not the fastest but he has some pace. Do you really think Zouma could bomb down the sides like Ivanovic has done over the seasons. Just look how many times ivanovic gets forward using the pace he has got . No way could Zouma do that. As much as people want him replaced I think people are forgetting he is a genuine threat for us going forward. Zouma faster than Ivanovic? Not a chance. He is not a slouch but he does not have the ability to play as a FB. Ivanovic does.

Ivanovic does have pace. He is not the fastest but he has some pace. Do you really think Zouma could bomb down the sides like Ivanovic has done over the seasons. Just look how many times ivanovic gets forward using the pace he has got . No way could Zouma do that. As much as people want him replaced I think people are forgetting he is a genuine threat for us going forward. Zouma faster than Ivanovic? Not a chance. He is not a slouch but he does not have the ability to play as a FB. Ivanovic does.

That's a stamina and tactical issue. I've seen Fabregas get up and down the pitch and he's a slow poke. When Ivanovic gets forward, he's very slow to return. Often too tired to sprint back.

Ivanovic used to have some pace over distance, but I've said he's been losing pace since Mourinho got back. He's lost a few steps and he seems to be getting worse. Not surprising considering his age. Zouma has good pace over distance and is pretty decent off the mark. I'm quite shocked you're even comparing the two speed wise.

Branislav is no JT, but he currently falls under the lable slow for me. For a fullback he's very slow.

That's a stamina and tactical issue. I've seen Fabregas get up and down the pitch and he's a slow poke. When Ivanovic gets forward, he's very slow to return. Often too tired to sprint back.

Ivanovic used to have some pace over distance, but I've said he's been losing pace since Mourinho got back. He's lost a few steps and he seems to be getting worse. Not surprising considering his age. Zouma has good pace over distance and is pretty decent off the mark. I'm quite shocked you're even comparing the two speed wise.

Branislav is no JT, but he currently falls under the lable slow for me. For a fullback he's very slow.

Zouma would be worse. Zouma has a decent bit of pace but I can't believe we are actually comparing them for speed. I am not just talking about stamina and tactical issues, I have seen plenty of games where Ivanovic bursts past his man. Zouma is not able to do this. One thing we lack is two natural attacking FB in the mould of Marcelo/Carjaval, Alves/Alba, Kolarov/Zabaleta. I think that does set us back sometimes but Ivanovic has decent pace. I hope as the season goes on I can and he most importantly will prove this. The thing is on here is that people are way too harsh and wait to pounce as soon as a player makes mistakes. Sanchez, one of the best players in the league and Europe was kept marshalled by Ivanovic. Especially at SF, Ivanovic had him in his back pocket all day long. He had a bad game against Swansea and wow the hate parade for him is just OTT. I have no doubt he will come back stronger and prove people wrong.

With the Zouma and Ivanovic debate we are going to have to agree to disagree. I don't think Zouma has the pace nor stamina to ever play RB.

Would you rather end the month with 5 points (losing 3-0 against City, draw with WBA and beat Palace) and see the board coming with 1-2 improvements.

Or would you prefer our team to grind out 10 points but see no new faces at the end of August except for a left back?

You told me to piss off. You were rude to me first.

Ok, We're not 10 year old schoolkids here so i'm going to end this you're rude, no you're ruder nonsense now.

But seriously.... If you are looking for free flowing fancy football to satisfy you rather than any old win you are supporting the wrong club.