Jase

Man of the Match?  

122 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

City are in this kind of form and have that fantastic array of attacking talent and will still be looking to add to it. They're showing the ambition that they want to dominate the league.

We on the other hand have so far been content with a squad that already showed major concerns last season.

City have Agüero, Silva, Yaya, and Sterling. Four bright sparks that can all win you matches individually. And they're likely to get De Bruyne too.

We have Hazard and that's about it. And he's in poor form. Costa is completely unreliable due to injuries and behavior (more concerned with fighting than playing football) Cesc goes missing when conditions aren't perfect, Willian is a limp dick in the final third, and Oscar doesn't even play in the big games.

We need another truly special attacking player to elevate ourselves to the very top level. Real Masrid have loads, Barca and Bayern as well. City have a bunch, even Arsenal have Sanchez and Özil.

Wish we'd throw a massive bid in for Reus. Another player at Hazard's level.

It's depressing seeing City with all of these world class attacking players who are blowing people away while we struggle to do anything in the final third.

We are royally screwed for this season. There is no winning mentality and we are the most lethargic looking ever. Our shots on goal are always blocked or so easy to save. Cesc looks like he CBA, Ivanovic was rubbish again and Costa causes more damage for us than the opposition.

Chequebook is needed for January most definitely and players have to go.

City are in this kind of form and have that fantastic array of attacking talent and will still be looking to add to it. They're showing the ambition that they want to dominate the league.

We on the other hand have so far been content with a squad that already showed major concerns last season.

City have Agüero, Silva, Yaya, and Sterling. Four bright sparks that can all win you matches individually. And they're likely to get De Bruyne too.

We have Hazard and that's about it. And he's in poor form. Costa is completely unreliable due to injuries and behavior (more concerned with fighting than playing football) Cesc goes missing when conditions aren't perfect, Willian is a limp dick in the final third, and Oscar doesn't even play in the big games.

We need another truly special attacking player to elevate ourselves to the very top level. Real Masrid have loads, Barca and Bayern as well. City have a bunch, even Arsenal have Sanchez and Özil.

Wish we'd throw a massive bid in for Reus. Another player at Hazard's level.

It's depressing seeing City with all of these world class attacking players who are blowing people away while we struggle to do anything in the final third.

Yes we do need another player that can scare teams the way Hazard can. I don't see why we haven't made a big bid for Reus?

We are very predictable and dead boring to watch now. Should've kept Salah.

Can't expect things to get any better.

If those players are good for say 3d-4th-5th place, when they know they are part of a declining side they can only underperfom.

It might be a different story if they were playing for let's say Southampton or Sunderland.
The only answer is rejuvenation now, no matter how you look at it.

I Don't want to hear him anymore... always blame all the people around him...

I'm all for critique as we were blown away today, and I'll accept that José loves to play the blame game, but who exactly is he supposed to have blamed today?

He acknowledged the best team won. He acknowledge their defensive change to ensure the result as a good one. He acknowledged they completely bossed the first half. Myself and the City supporters I watched with agree that we controlled the majority of second half but we just couldn't make our few chances count. The only blaming he did, and he didn't make a meal of it, was the mistakes for the second and third goals and he was absolutely correct to do so. Ivan showed the strength of a wet fart and was shrugged off easily for the second and he played a diabolically poor pass for the build up to the third. Two fair and valid criticisms. Perhaps his opinion on a potential red card? But he was hardly dwelling on it.

We were bad, and Mourinho has his part to play for sure, but when the 11 are on the pitch it's down to them, and they just weren't good enough.

Panathinaikos of Greece comes to mind.
In 1968 their grand team was dissolved, because of old age as well as some huge internal problems they had.
So they started all over again with youths plus Mimi Domazos, the great no 10 who stayed. They could n't buy new players because there was a total ban but managed to gain special permission and sign one or two
Panathinaikos was readied again by Ferenc Pushkas and reached the champions cup final in 1971.

This makes no sense. Hazard and Fabregas were the better players today. It's not their job to defend against Aguero

Did you say Fabregas was one of the better players today??

I nearly dropped my fish and chips in my lap.

Ridiculous thing to say.. He was awful at best!

suddenly it feels like forever since we have seen us play well and get a good result.

the only thing to look forward to now is the press conference wondering what Jose has to say.

IMO no more press conferences for Mourinho till we get good results.

My worry now is we will panic buy .. Take the hits and buy well in January and next summer ,, This year is fucked so give the kids a chance .. well those not already

out on loan

If we panic buy Pogba/Witsel or Reus/Gotze and Stones then i love panic buys.