Jase

Man of the Match?  

122 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, some quick thoughts after watching all of this one. I do not think Jose got his tactics wrong today. We did not park the bus. It was clear in the first half that JT was getting beat early and often with their speed. Though Ivanovic cost us late, thought he played well for the first 70 minutes. I thought City played us similarly to how PSG played us at the Bridge last year - very physical and got us completely off our game in midfield.

My concern is what seems to be a shrinking pool of top flight talent. To be a supposed "big" club, and I realize we are and have unlimited funds as they say, we sure seem to be going backwards in some ways. We have to have the weakest bench game in and game out of any top 6 - 8 club. We have zero speed at times on counters. I miss Schurrle and the energy he could bring to a match. It is obvious we need to add back line players, but I would love to add an additional top flight attacking player.

What has happened to Fabregas? He struggles almost every possession. I am beginning to be frustrated with Costa, whether due to injury or not. He is struggling when the ball gets under him and is likely to lose it, trip over his own feet or feign contact. I am not sure what has happened to these two. They were key last year and are again this year in the opposite direction.

Can anyone tell me why Remy does not get more opportunity? He had some big goals late last year and even scored vs Man City.

Begovic kept us in the game in the first half. Easily could have been 3-0 or 4-0 at intermission.

My biggest item right now is finding some key additions in the transfer window immediately. Got to get some help in here!

Come on you Chelsea!! :blue scalf: :blue scalf:

Ivanovic played well!? He was awful last week too! Cahill got burned by aguero for the first goal, but JT wasn't good either.

Reinforcements are needed though. We have weakened our bench for no reason. Fabregas needs to be benched for a bit. Also, Falcao is ahead of Remy cause he's a bigger name.

Only positive I take from this is that if pre-season and our opening game against Swansea did not wake the board up, this game certainly has. Even when you are champions by a clear distance in a league like this and other rivals are spending, you cannot just stay still and think the squad does not need strengthening. We need some more quality in the squad. Whole team was awful. I will exempt Hazard as he was the only one trying, linking up with players and causing a threat and Cuadrado bar the 3rd goal actually showed signs of encouragement

What people are refusing to accept is the fact the no amount of spending will solve the problem. The problem is purely a coaching issue. Jose has not improve our game at all in terms of organized attacking football since Rafa left and it showed significantly in the second half of last season. We are getting worse and players seem to forget their natural talents because priority is given to defensive abilities. The board knows that and that is why they are not splashing the cash this time. In my opinion, Jose is not the same person we had ten years ago and it will be suicidal to think he the man for the future. I regret to say that he came back to the club because his family want to live and school in London.

The writing is on the wall. This time last season, City started sluggishly because they didn't invest in the summer. They were found out, basically. Exactly the same thing is happening here.

City can still surprise you offensively and are much more flexible as a team, and this is a huge difference. We've been found out not only in terms of not investing but tactically as well.

Taking the pressure off the players, like demoting a doctor........He might actually blame players and himself soon and find the right answer.

he might blame some player ,, but "himself " well that would be a change he isn't Pullis

Taking the pressure off the players, like demoting a doctor........He might actually blame players and himself soon and find the right answer.

but does it really work? I mean how naive does he think the rest of the world is?

something massively wrong is happening at the club. i have no clue what. but jose seems high.

what the fuck were these tactics today. cesc alongside matic at etihad. he needed evidence that it does not and wont work in a big game after what happened in the community shield. why the fuck did cesc even start the fucking match. even if he did, why the fuck did he start as a DLP. he has been atrocious for 8 and a half months now.

begovic - saved us the blushes. stopped it from being an embarassment. 8/10

iva - i have nothing to say. the next match will show if jose is even taking us seriously. if iva starts the next match, i will know for sure, that jose does not give a fuck about the club.

GC - cant judge him when players to either side of him were just ridiculous.

JT - shocking display. simply could not handle aguero. seemed so out of depth.

azpi - played well against navas. pressed well. but with hazard sleeping, it was just useless.

matic- MOTM for me. brilliant performance. along with begovic, our only bright spot.

cesc - horrendous. dont know why people have taken more than a season to see how shit he is when the game is on the line. a big game bottler. he always was and always will be.

hazard - so completely unfit. how the fuck could he have missed that chance. shocking.

willian - poor by his end of the season standards.

ramires - another one that can hold his head high. and this is why rambo is so important to the team. and that was so not an offside.

costa - shocking. should be benched. right fucking now.

subs -

zouma - looked decent. could not do much for either goals when iva cant even give a fuck to jump or contrl a fucking football.

cuadrado - LOL.

but does it really work? I mean how naive does he think the rest of the world is?

Him and the board need to look closely at our lack of depth and options. This transfer window to this point is something that I actually think that has stoked a lot of this fire. Forget what's been spent before, build on a winning side and make a wall stronger, or be prepared to stagnate

something massively wrong is happening at the club. i have no clue what. but jose seems high.

what the fuck were these tactics today. cesc alongside matic at etihad. he needed evidence that it does not and wont work in a big game after what happened in the community shield. why the fuck did cesc even start the fucking match. even if he did, why the fuck did he start as a DLP. he has been atrocious for 8 and a half months now.

begovic - saved us the blushes. stopped it from being an embarassment. 8/10

iva - i have nothing to say. the next match will show if jose is even taking us seriously. if iva starts the next match, i will know for sure, that jose does not give a fuck about the club.

GC - cant judge him when players to either side of him were just ridiculous.

JT - shocking display. simply could not handle aguero. seemed so out of depth.

azpi - played well against navas. pressed well. but with hazard sleeping, it was just useless.

matic- MOTM for me. brilliant performance. along with begovic, our only bright spot.

cesc - horrendous. dont know why people have taken more than a season to see how shit he is when the game is on the line. a big game bottler. he always was and always will be.

hazard - so completely unfit. how the fuck could he have missed that chance. shocking.

willian - poor by his end of the season standards.

ramires - another one that can hold his head high. and this is why rambo is so important to the team. and that was so not an offside.

costa - shocking. should be benched. right fucking now.

subs -

zouma - looked decent. could not do much for either goals when iva cant even give a fuck to jump or contrl a fucking football.

cuadrado - LOL.

I agree with 8/10 for Begovic and you were wise not to give numbers for most of the rest ..