Jase

Man of the Match?  

122 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We won't win the league simply because hazard looks below sterling as a player this season and fucking ivanovic is our second captain lol.

Stop playing fabregas in big games

The one & only silver lining about this terrible start is there's still more than enough time for improvement. Despite conceding 2 in the 2nd half I thought it was a much improved performance from the 1st. Getting battered in embarrassing fashion should trigger some panic buying in the closing weeks of this month.

Awful start to the season but with some much need signings & as players improve their fitness after a ridiculous late start to the season should give us more than enough time to recuperate.

Tell you what, I wouldn't want to be in Mourinho's shoes right about now. He's going to get absolutely battered by the press after today & he only has himself to blame.

Bad really bad performance as the match progressed ... Jose is just losing it

Honeymoon over for Costa ... Someone needs to tell that he is playing football not Rugby.

The only plus for the entire match was that we started pretty positively and not by parking over-selves. Also Begavoic and Matic were absolutely superb.

Mourinho has run out of ideas. He has run his course with this team as he has nothing to offer us anymore. There's a reason why he's been a short term fix his entire career. Anyway, these were my thoughts after the loss to Arsenal a few weeks ago. Still rings true now.

What have we seen so far that we DIDN'T see in the 2nd half of the season? Or for majority of the 2013/14 season? Against big sides, specifically in the CL?
* Is it hopeful lobs to no one in particular? Or wingers playing as fullbacks, spending more time in the opposition half?
* Or 3-4 passes in our "built attacks" then a player hoofing it to no one in particular? Or passing it to Ivanovic to cross the ball to no one in particular? Or ZERO shots on target for over 70 minutes?
* Or Ramires being an automatic, unjustified starter? Or Hazard receiving the ball in bad positions, before being crowded out?
I can go on. Gone are the days we actually play well in both halves. When we do well in one half, the team becomes defensive in the other or vice versa.
This was all predictable to anyone who knows quite a bit about football and the history of Jose Mourinho, the manager. No signs of practicing organised attacks, instead a brief period of dominance then an overreliance on individual brilliance of 1 player. Whether it's Drogba, Milito, Ronaldo, now Hazard. When the team became "defense + Hazard" for the 2nd season in a row, I knew we were headed in the wrong direction.
We all wanted to blame it on "fatigue", but that was only part of the problem. The bulk of our problems lies at the feet of the manager. The technical quality of most of our players has gone down the drain. We now rely on instictive talents of our attackers to win us games instead of anything coached on the training ground. That might work against smaller, weaker teams, but against stronger sides, it won't.
I know many people in this thread will start blaming individuals again, I won't because I know better. Our players are MUCH better than they have shown today. I know what they are all capable of and I know why they've played the way they did today. I refuse to blame any of them.
I'm not that surprised Roman has failed to back Mourinho in the transfer market. Signings will have been a temporary solution to a permanent problem. We will be lucky to scape 3rd place this season. CL? forget about it. At the first sight of a big team, we will park the bus and be humiliated again like against PSG and Atletico. We might win the FA cup, but that's about it. Time to wake up. This team is already on the decline under this manager.

First half was awful. Chelsea actually did pretty well in the second half and closed down Aguero and Sterling. Created a few chances too. Zouma coming on made the back line solid. Needs to be a starter going forward. Costa should see the bench IMO. Such a drama queen. He loses possession in the final third, breaks our attack that leads to a dangerous counter. Ivanovic- not sure what to say. Seems everyone except the board knows that he needs to go

Better now than later in the season. We aren't going to sit back and do nothing about it. Clearly the push for Stones will intensify now, and that backline will be fixed. Mou also needs to get Azpi on the right and drop Ivanovic. He is terrible. Having the opposite footed player on the wings works great for the wingers and midfielders, but not so great for the backs who need to cross the ball in. I can't remember the last time Azpi crossed the ball in. I could sit here for an hour and think about it and nothing would spring to mind.

The problems for this team really aren't as big as people are making it out to be. A few fixes at the back and we will be fine again. A midfielder would be great too.

Don't know why people are talking about panic buys as if it's a negative.

If we panic buy top players then so be it. Just do SOMETING! And not just Baba and Stones. We need about 4 players.