Chelsea v Swansea

Jase

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We win against Swansea, WBA, Palace and Everton, get at least a draw against City, then beat Arsenal at home and you all forget about meaningless friendlies in the pre-season and go back to being loyal Chelsea fans lol.

ok but I doubt if we will be on top at end of August ,, IF we are I will be delighted and eat humble pie

Tibo

Iva Cahill Terry Azpi

Matic Fab

? Willian Hazard

Falcao

The RW position is really worrying - Moses the best we can put out? It just looks a bit too predictable this season and I suspect some teams (particularly at the Bridge) will take some points from us.

Lol. And people were laughing at some of us who wete not happy with the performance against new york red bulls.

Yesterday was a pre-season match. Played with our B team in the first half. A number of fiorentina players would have got red cards if it was a proper match. Hazard looked absolutely disinterested, we played bertrand not ryan but traore as a LB.

So stop overreacting.

Courtois

Iva gc jt azpi

Matic cesc

Willian oscar hazard

Moses

Moses as a striker or maybe oscar as a striker with moses on the right and willian thru thr center. Moses has been our best player by a mile. He desrrves a start. Falcao and remy have been less than okay and none of them give us the presence of costa. I expect us to start shaky and then get into it by the second half. 2-1/2-0.

Avoiding this place until after this game. Some of the overreactions are completely embarrassing.

Support the team and Jose, or did they not deserve that from what they achieved last year? Fucking spoilt, most of us.

ok but I doubt if we will be on top at end of August ,, IF we are I will be delighted and eat humble pie

Yeah you are older and wiser than most of us, relax and be more optimistic. Last summer's pre-season was not that good either, got battered by a mid table Bundesliga team, failed to beat an unknown Austrian team and struggled against other European minnows. And then we've ended the season on a high note. But I guess those performances have been overshadowed by the fact that Jose has signed a couple of world class players and we got excited by that and didn't care about the results. We will come good this season, I'm sure of it, this team has enough quality to defend the title. And at least two or three news players will arrive until the window shuts as well. I'm hoping for Stones, that Augsburg full back and a CM/RW.

FIFA 15 PREDICTS SWANSEA VS. CHELSEA
We all can’t wait for Saturday’s game at Stamford Bridge.
But what happened when Swansea played Chelsea on the video game FIFA 15?
Jack Evans 9 hours ago 28 reads Share Tweet
Ahead of the Swans’ opening Premier League game against reigning champions Chelsea, I decided to recruit the help of FIFA 15 to predict what the score will be in one of Swansea’s hardest tests of the season. By letting the AI play as both Swansea and Chelsea I found out what the score will be according football’s biggest video game.
Chelsea Starting XI: Courtois, Ivanovic, Terry, Cahill, Azpilicueta, Matic, Fabregas, Willian, Oscar, Hazard, Falcao
Swansea Starting XI: Fabianski, Naughton, Fernandez, Williams, Taylor, Cork, Shelvey, Sigurdsson, Ayew, Montero, Gomis
Kick Off
16 Mins: CORNER for Chelsea is played in by Cesc Fabregas but it’s headed clear by Kyle Naughton. Swansea currently bossing possession with neither side making any opportunities.
18 Mins: CHANCE for Chelsea as a ball from Eden Hazard is chipped into the penalty area only to be met by a weak header from Radamel Falcao, the ball rolling into the safe hands of Lukasz Fabianski

30 Mins: The Chelsea fans come to life in an attempt to lift their side after a dull first 30 minutes of the match.

36 Mins: CHANCE for Chelsea! Azpilicueta’s cross from the left is taken down by Falcao, who lays the ball off from Oscar, who beats the tackle of Jack Cork and powers a shot at Fabianski who pushes the ball wide for a corner which comes to nothing.

42 Mins: CHANCE for Chelsea! Nice play between the Chelsea front 4 around the Swansea penalty area ends in a shot from Oscar that is blocked by Williams and cleared for a throw in.

43 Mins: CHANCE for Chelsea! Shelvey’s poor clearance from a Chelsea throw in comes to Matic who’s header back in is met by an acrobatic effort from Eden Hazard which is easily saved by Fabianski.

45 Mins: CHANCE for Chelsea! Swansea just can’t seem to keep the ball at the moment with Eden Hazard playing a 1-2 with Oscar before drilling a shot at the bottom corner of the Swansea goal from 20 yards which is pushed out for a Chelsea corner.

45 Mins: GOAL for Chelsea! Fernandez’s poor header back across goal from Fabregas’ in-swinging corner falls to Nemanja Matic who volleys the ball from 10 yards into the roof of the Swansea net, despite the best efforts of Williams and Fabianski to keep it out. Chelsea 1-0 Swansea.

HALF TIME: Chelsea 1-0 Swansea.

56 Mins: SUBSTITUTION for Chelsea! Nemanja Matic is replaced by Ramires.

56 Mins: SUBSTITUTION for Swansea! Eder comes on to replace Bafetembi Gomis.

65 Mins: SUBSTITUTION for Chelsea! Radamel Falcao is replaced by Diego Costa.

67 Mins: Some good play from Montero down the Swansea left as he beats Ivanovic but puts his cross out for a goal kick.

84 Mins: CHANCE for Chelsea! Ivanovic cuts inside from the right and squares the ball across the edge of the Swansea penalty area from Diego Costa whose goalbound effort deflects wide off the stomach of Willian for a goal kick.

85 Mins: DOUBLE SUBSTITUTION for Swansea! Wayne Routledge is brought on in place of Jefferson Montero and Ki Sung-Yeung replaces Jack Cork.

90 Mins: PENALTY for Swansea! Nice play down the right from Wayne Routledge who plays the ball through two defenders for Neil Taylor who goes down after having his shirt pulled by Ramires. Gylfi Sigurdsson steps up for Swansea.

90 Mins: PENALTY MISSED! A fantastic save from Courtois as Sigurdsson’s powerful penalty into the bottom corner is pushed wide by the big Belgian. Corner for Swansea.

90 Mins: CHANCE for Swansea! Chelsea fails to deal with the corner with eventually fall at the feet of Eder who’s shot is well saved and held by Thibaut Courtois.
FULL TIME: Chelsea 1-0 Swansea.
Although the result is disappointing, it is not the worst scoreline to take away from Stamford Bridge. Swansea really struggled to break down the Chelsea defensive, with the penalty their first shot of the game.
If this is the score in real life I don’t think too many Swans fans with be disheartened, however missing a 90th minute penalty would certainly be stressful on the Jack Army!

FIFA 15 PREDICTS SWANSEA VS. CHELSEA

We all can’t wait for Saturday’s game at Stamford Bridge.

But what happened when Swansea played Chelsea on the video game FIFA 15?

Jack Evans 9 hours ago 28 reads Share Tweet

Ahead of the Swans’ opening Premier League game against reigning champions Chelsea, I decided to recruit the help of FIFA 15 to predict what the score will be in one of Swansea’s hardest tests of the season. By letting the AI play as both Swansea and Chelsea I found out what the score will be according football’s biggest video game.

Chelsea Starting XI: Courtois, Ivanovic, Terry, Cahill, Azpilicueta, Matic, Fabregas, Willian, Oscar, Hazard, Falcao

Swansea Starting XI: Fabianski, Naughton, Fernandez, Williams, Taylor, Cork, Shelvey, Sigurdsson, Ayew, Montero, Gomis

Kick Off

16 Mins: CORNER for Chelsea is played in by Cesc Fabregas but it’s headed clear by Kyle Naughton. Swansea currently bossing possession with neither side making any opportunities.

18 Mins: CHANCE for Chelsea as a ball from Eden Hazard is chipped into the penalty area only to be met by a weak header from Radamel Falcao, the ball rolling into the safe hands of Lukasz Fabianski

30 Mins: The Chelsea fans come to life in an attempt to lift their side after a dull first 30 minutes of the match.

36 Mins: CHANCE for Chelsea! Azpilicueta’s cross from the left is taken down by Falcao, who lays the ball off from Oscar, who beats the tackle of Jack Cork and powers a shot at Fabianski who pushes the ball wide for a corner which comes to nothing.

42 Mins: CHANCE for Chelsea! Nice play between the Chelsea front 4 around the Swansea penalty area ends in a shot from Oscar that is blocked by Williams and cleared for a throw in.

43 Mins: CHANCE for Chelsea! Shelvey’s poor clearance from a Chelsea throw in comes to Matic who’s header back in is met by an acrobatic effort from Eden Hazard which is easily saved by Fabianski.

45 Mins: CHANCE for Chelsea! Swansea just can’t seem to keep the ball at the moment with Eden Hazard playing a 1-2 with Oscar before drilling a shot at the bottom corner of the Swansea goal from 20 yards which is pushed out for a Chelsea corner.

45 Mins: GOAL for Chelsea! Fernandez’s poor header back across goal from Fabregas’ in-swinging corner falls to Nemanja Matic who volleys the ball from 10 yards into the roof of the Swansea net, despite the best efforts of Williams and Fabianski to keep it out. Chelsea 1-0 Swansea.

HALF TIME: Chelsea 1-0 Swansea.

56 Mins: SUBSTITUTION for Chelsea! Nemanja Matic is replaced by Ramires.

56 Mins: SUBSTITUTION for Swansea! Eder comes on to replace Bafetembi Gomis.

65 Mins: SUBSTITUTION for Chelsea! Radamel Falcao is replaced by Diego Costa.

67 Mins: Some good play from Montero down the Swansea left as he beats Ivanovic but puts his cross out for a goal kick.

84 Mins: CHANCE for Chelsea! Ivanovic cuts inside from the right and squares the ball across the edge of the Swansea penalty area from Diego Costa whose goalbound effort deflects wide off the stomach of Willian for a goal kick.

85 Mins: DOUBLE SUBSTITUTION for Swansea! Wayne Routledge is brought on in place of Jefferson Montero and Ki Sung-Yeung replaces Jack Cork.

90 Mins: PENALTY for Swansea! Nice play down the right from Wayne Routledge who plays the ball through two defenders for Neil Taylor who goes down after having his shirt pulled by Ramires. Gylfi Sigurdsson steps up for Swansea.

90 Mins: PENALTY MISSED! A fantastic save from Courtois as Sigurdsson’s powerful penalty into the bottom corner is pushed wide by the big Belgian. Corner for Swansea.

90 Mins: CHANCE for Swansea! Chelsea fails to deal with the corner with eventually fall at the feet of Eder who’s shot is well saved and held by Thibaut Courtois.

FULL TIME: Chelsea 1-0 Swansea.

Although the result is disappointing, it is not the worst scoreline to take away from Stamford Bridge. Swansea really struggled to break down the Chelsea defensive, with the penalty their first shot of the game.

If this is the score in real life I don’t think too many Swans fans with be disheartened, however missing a 90th minute penalty would certainly be stressful on the Jack Army!

Ramires gave away the penalty? :lol: If that happens, there will be a major meltdown on Saturday.

Jose should rethink our formation. I know they say 4231 is the norm nowadays, but managers have gone to adapt formations depending on the opposition. Yesterday I was surprised to see Pep using 4-Diamond-1-1. Barca has always used 433. Try something else otherwise we shall be too predictable this season and we will get caught.

Matic-Cesc

Willian-Oscar-Hazard

will be the default formation FFS.

NB: I know formations dont win games, but they do help.