Chelsea 2-2 Swansea

Jase

Man of the Match  

105 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

I watched this one live and I have to say I'm surprised by some of the remarks here! For me, these are the facts:

- Cahill was brilliant yesterday. Without him it could have been 4 or 5 Swansea (who really played well).

- Willian had a great game too.

- Hazard holds the ball way too much, and he's directly responsible in ruining several breaks towards the end. He's definitely been figured out by the rest of the EPL teams.

- Ivanovic is a great player, but he should not be RB. But then this means he has no room in Mourinho's 4-2-3-1 or its modified 4-3-3. So just sell.

Other than (somewhat) Costa, this team does not have something or someone that scares the opposing defenses. It lacks creativity and the ability to find solutions up front. And it's full backs are sub par.

Hazard figures out by the rest of the EPL? Just because he had 1 bad game? Wtf am I reading..

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A frustrating game. Just that. And the frustration has grown up enough, it's a mountain of frustration now. I have a lot respect for Mourihno, but he has to act faster imo.

Here are some of the things I noticed from the season before and the game yesterday (pardon my english...) :

> Ivanovic getting worse in the defending phase, something that was obvious in the previous season (yes, even though we won the league, this is a true fact)
> because of the slow defenders (Terry and Ivanovic), the defence sits deep and then the teams relies on counterattack, which is absolutely absurd considering the terrific attacking prowess the team has

> the reason the defence sits deep too, is because of Mourihno's mentality of "creating a situation with least number of mistakes possible" which is also more probable if the team is attacking, therefore the counter attack system is a solution

> the team will never get the max potential out of Hazard, Willian, Oscar & co. if this system of play continues; actually, there is a high possibility Hazard will eventually lave it enough and leave to a another club where he can prosper more

> the team has to step up their game, because if you play the same system, you're going to get exposed with the same pattern of playing (obviously, wow), and the thing is, he actually has to attack the champions league trophy and how do you plan to do that? Against teams such as Bayern, Barca, Real. No amount of quality defending can stop players such as Messi, Neymar, Suarez, Ronaldo, Bale, Lewandowski for 180minutes and I don't want the team to rely on luck

> regarding the lucky factor, there were games in the previous season that have been won because of that factor, but it also backfired at some parts of the season

> stepping up, means utilizing our backs (promoting Brane to a fb, Azpilicueta to rb, and having a decent left back, I don't care if it is someone from academy or a new bought player, and I guess he plans to do that with Rahman Baba...)

> stepping up, means getting our defence higher on the pitch, so he needs to introduce Zouma sooner rather than later into the team

> Mikel? Sure, they he is a decent player but what's the use of him? He just slows down the game with his simple back passes, and even if he ever passes forward, that too is when there is almost zero chance of the ball getting cut. A Ruben Loftus can do that too if asked, plus he is a home grown player

> Moses? Seriously? Couldn't manage to be in Liverpool's first eleven, and he's supposed to be a sub for players such as Hazard, Willian. Meanwhile, Cuadrado, a 30 mil€ player, getting his confidence destroyed on the bench, same as Mata. Traore is much younger than him, and has more potential for example

> Lastly, what I'm more concered about, is Mourihno's lack of trust in the rotation players as well as in the acadamey players. Season before, there was a sudden downfall in the gameplay and form of some of the players (Oscar, Fab..). He still used them after in the second part of the season, never giving chance to other players on the bench, and if given, then the last 10 minutes of the game and later you wonder why the team is playing the way it is playing...

Actually I wrote a lot, enough now. What are your thoughts on these thing? I would like to hear it :D

Hazard figures out by the rest of the EPL? Just because he had 1 bad game? Wtf am I reading..

Yeah, they totally figured Hazard out! They found that, if you constantely mark him with 3 or 4 players, Chelsea finds it hard to create any chances.

Dont get me started about the change in our supporters bud. Who knows it may be the same across the league (but from what Ive seen on other teams forums its not as bad as ours - and I couldn't give a toss about anyone elses team anyway). But for whatever social and economic reasons our supporters have changed even from the time I started following us.

It may just be the biggest thing that pisses me off.

Comes with winning things bro, i guess. MH seems to be the better stand these days. I know we didnt win but for fuck's sake sort it out, what's the pointin going if you're just gonna sit there with ya thumb up your arse, might as well watch it on sky instead...

I watched this one live and I have to say I'm surprised by some of the remarks here! For me, these are the facts:

- Cahill was brilliant yesterday. Without him it could have been 4 or 5 Swansea (who really played well).

- Willian had a great game too.

- Hazard holds the ball way too much, and he's directly responsible in ruining several breaks towards the end. He's definitely been figured out by the rest of the EPL teams.

- Ivanovic is a great player, but he should not be RB. But then this means he has no room in Mourinho's 4-2-3-1 or its modified 4-3-3. So just sell.

Other than (somewhat) Costa, this team does not have something or someone that scares the opposing defenses. It lacks creativity and the ability to find solutions up front. And it's full backs are sub par.

Agreed with a lot of what you were saying until I saw that which is rubbish. How can you form that conclusion after 1 game? Second half they did not have a clue to deal with him but unfortunately it was not enough against a team with a man advantage. He is way too good to be figured out. His balance, dribbling, acceleration on the ball will always be difficult to stop. I have no doubt by the end of the season he probably will be our main star and most probably the main contender for PFA player of the year.

The moment the match started my jaw actually dropped seeing Costa's run (WTF, wasnt he injured or something) ... I was confused/shocked/amazed/etc/etc/etc seeing the start ... This was a very different Chelsea than the one in the pre-season... We really played well in parts ... happy about it. Bad substitution in getting Zuma, not sure what was the plan there. Happy with the point because of the efforts put in.

Oscar might .. just might turn out to have THE season that we all want him to, Matic is going to be the integral part, Iva is bad, Begavic is good, Terry is slowing down and somehow (i hope i m wrong) I feel Hazard has hit the ceiling in terms of what he can bring to the table. Teams have started reading him out now.

Arsenal loss is the cherry on the cake after yesterday results :) ...

Oscar was the best player during the moments of good football in the 1st half.

Curtouis made a big mistake giving away a penalty and a getting a red.

Hazard was nowhere to been seeing for 80 minutes, only appeared in last 10 minutes. Willian the best player during the 2nd half.

Diego Costa must undertstand that being angry is different from playing good football. Months since the last time he played a decent match.

Defense is a joke. Its easy to say those 4 guys are world class when Williand and Hazard are playing as 2nd full backs. Its a joke that in 2015 the team is starting with Azpi playing as a LB, Ivanovic as a rigth back and Cahill+Terry as undisputed CB partnership.

Ivanovic is finished as a RB. 88th minute, he makes a superb interception in the defensive field, only to make a horrendous pass and kill a counter-attack opportunity. Its exactly what he is: a CB with few attacking abilities, someone who should never be playing as RB at this moment.

I don't know if I'm watching different games, but as time goes, I don't understand why some people believe Matic is a great DM player. He is very limited and unidimensional in my books. He needs more competition. He is not good enough to be the undisputed staring XI.

My hones opinion is the following.
First - Mou needs to be a man and put Willian on the bench a lot of people say he plays well but in my opinion he does not add anything to the team. I rather see Moses (one of the better players in an awefull preseason). He brings speed and power + he can score one. Willian his stats are way to bad to be kept in the team.

Second - I think Fabregas needs to be challenged for his position. He needs to step up his game and I think he can do this if he has some good player breathing in his neck to take his place. Now it is all to easy for Fabregas to play in the starting 11

Third - We need to start taking shots on goal in stead of running the ball inside.

Cuadrado and Moses out, Reus and Götze German duo in. Baba in at LB, Azpi over to RB. Stones in to rotate with our CB's.

---------------Costa---------------

Hazard------Reus-------Götze

--------Matić-------Cesc--------

Baba---Terry---Stones---Azpi

--------------Courtois-------------

Global domination. 201206081649CXT.gif

Seriously, though. Those moves really wouldn't be THAT hard to pull off.

That would be some good signings and maybe cheaper then Koke & Griezmann

But remeber Reus has a lot of injury issues