Jase

Man of the Match  

105 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well like I said without adding more in the window Chelsea won't win the league I've seen nothing in this game that suggests otherwise.

Well we were dominating prior to the sending off. So unless you can find a way to add players to the pitch after receiving a red card and inform the club, we won't do much better given the exact same thing happening.

I posted this in the post match Arsenal thread. Bolded parts are relevant to this game. Unbolded relevant to our season in context:

"What have we seen so far that we DIDN'T see in the 2nd half of the season? Or for majority of the 2013/14 season? Against big sides, specifically in the CL?
* Is it hopeful lobs to no one in particular? Or wingers playing as fullbacks, spending more time in the opposition half?
* Or 3-4 passes in our "built attacks" then a player hoofing it to no one in particular? Or passing it to Ivanovic to cross the ball to no one in particular? Or ZERO shots on target for over 70 minutes?
* Or Ramires being an automatic, unjustified starter? Or Hazard receiving the ball in bad positions, before being crowded out?
I can go on. Gone are the days we actually play well in both halves. When we do well in one half, the team becomes defensive in the other or vice versa.
This was all predictable to anyone who knows quite a bit about football and the history of Jose Mourinho, the manager. No signs of practicing organised attacks, instead a brief period of dominance then an overreliance on individual brilliance of 1 player. Whether it's Drogba, Milito, Ronaldo, now Hazard. When the team became "defense + Hazard" for the 2nd season in a row, I knew we were headed in the wrong direction.
We all wanted to blame it on "fatigue", but that was only part of the problem. The bulk of our problems lies at the feet of the manager. The technical quality of most of our players has gone down the drain. We now rely on instictive talents of our attackers to win us games instead of anything coached on the training ground. That might work against smaller, weaker teams, but against stronger sides, it won't.
I know many people in this thread will start blaming individuals again, I won't because I know better. Our players are MUCH better than they have shown today. I know what they are all capable of and I know why they've played the way they did today. I refuse to blame any of them.
I'm not that surprised Roman has failed to back Mourinho in the transfer market. Signings will have been a temporary solution to a permanent problem. We will be lucky to scape 3rd place this season. CL? forget about it. At the first sight of a big team, we will park the bus and be humiliated again like against PSG and Atletico. We might win the FA cup, but that's about it. Time to wake up. This team is already on the decline under this manager. "

Embarassing performance, many people including myself called this after our horrible preseason and transfer window. Hope we go out and sign Pedro now or we will be seeing a lot more of this as the season goes on

So happy for you right now, you must be delighted.

How was it embarrassing?

Good first half, and honestly a good effort and performance second half.

Without that red, we win comfortably.

Next...

we played very good in first half...but defence looks shaky..ivanovic is a liability in both attack and defence..montero destroyed him.considering 10 players draw is not a bad result...

Well we were dominating prior to the sending off. So unless you can find a way to add players to the pitch after receiving a red card and inform the club, we won't do much better given the exact same thing happening.

Dominating? Have a word with yourself. Prior to the red the back line was getting abused. The red was caused by Ivanovic clearly being out of his depth ...

How was it embarrassing?

Next...

Start of 2nd half? playing like a preseason game and not giving a care in the world. We also score 2 lucky goals, how would we win comfortably with them hitting the post and forcing our GK into like 5 good saves?

This is not the same side that only lost 3 games last season

How was it embarrassing?

Next...

"we win comfortably"?

I mean the s/o and penalty made a huge difference, but it didn't by any means make Ivanovic play awful at right-back for 90 minutes. Nor did it make Fabregas & Hazard (the latter for 80 minutes) disappear from their duties.