Jase

Man of the Match  

105 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy to take a draw given the circumstances. That was the sort of game we'd have lost under Ancelotti, Villas-Boas, di Matteo. Lots of things going against us, but overall I don't think anyone can begrudge Swansea a point and we didn't deserve anything from the game.

Positives

• Willian - outstanding in attack. Visibly tired as the game progressed but looked by far the most potent of our midfielders.
  • Costa - again, excellent. Very glad to see him come through the game despite injury concerns, and though he tired as well, he looked a threat.
  • Begovic. Horrible circumstances for him to make his début in, did extremely well and made one or two excellent saves. I'm not at all concerned that Courtois is out for three games, tbh.
  • The result. A draw isn't a nightmare. The last time we drew our first game of the season we won the Champions League. Swansea missed a brilliant chance to get all three points today. If they'd have shown more conviction they'd be going home with a win.

Negatives

• Ivanovic and Fabregas - both utterly atrocious. Look well, well short of match fitness and almost everything they did was woeful.
  • Hazard. Though he grew into the game in the last 10-15 minutes, he was otherwise anonymous. Disappointed with that.
  • Willian - technically at fault for both goals.Willian played Gomis onside and was nowhere to be found on the first goal either, leaving Ivanovic to defend two with Matic having to be pulled over
  • Our moaning at the end of the game. Fucking deal with it, lads. We got a point when we didn't deserve one. No point complaining about the Courtois decision - correct to award a red card and point to the spot. That was about the only decision the referee got right.

Shit happens. We're going to have a slow start, I guarantee you that. We might only have 6 or 7 points after our first four matches. But we'll come good, just you watch. We're too good not to.

I agree with everything except for Willian, I though he was shit and he should have come off instead of Oscar

I agree with MrExcalibur100

Anytime we lead it's just like we shut down the system

Play like killing the clock, brain derp or save energy mode

And when we got draw or lead , Suddenly we start running like a chicken without head, run around crazy

but still no formation or pattern to create the attack , pure personal ability

Probably the most frustrating thing for me is that Iva had one of his worst games ever and was a liability throughout the entire game, but will he be dropped? Fuck no. The only way Brana is not getting picked is if he breaks his leg. Yet Mourinho only needs 10 mins to diagnose if a youth player can make it? Haha, go pull the other one.

iva - atrocious. absolutely atrocious. could not handle montero. slowed down our attack. and that last chance where he had some 5 yard place at the edge of the box and got dispossessed symbolised his game. shameful. if i was jose, i would strip him off his vice captaincy and bench him for 10 games. seemed disinterested. i mean that run off routledge where he just let him go and let GC deal with it like it was not his job. hopeless. needs to be dropped. -10/10

Would you say it's the worst game he has ever played in his Chelsea career??

Hat off to Swansea, they played very well. Montero was dangerous, and their new signing Ayew or whatever you spell it could turn out to be a hell of a player! There were positives and negatives to be seen in this match. What does get on my nerves are the many negative people on here. Yes we didn't win. But we didn't lose either.

I thought Oscar played a great game, and I'm not his biggest fan (not against playing him either, kinda neutral). I thought Willian played well, not horrible as some of you are saying, but he had a brainfart when he played Gomis onside. Can't believe the acceleration he still has after 85 minutes. Hazard was invisible, until the last 15 minutes when he switched on the engine (too late). I thought Courtois made some great saves, right up until he as well had a brainfart that led to his red card, the penalty and ultimately the draw. Biggest positive of the match: Begovic. He can win us some points and (although based on 1 match) I already feel a little more comfortable with him in the goal. I liked Costa's play, Azpi en Matic were good as well. Iva was horrible.

A point is won, we didn't lose, on to the next match. Sure, three points would've been better, but what're you gonna do?

This match just proves our defenders are shit and slow, even Gomis is running in behind our defenders :doh: even pique and Mascherano (who faces far more one on one situations) is better than all our centerbacks.

Only Azpilicueta is good in one on one situations. Every one else needs the team to protect them, because of this we look suspect at the back when Mourinho let's us attack.

It has been a horrible day!

1. Ivanovic is absolutely disastrous right now. We need another right-back like Fabinho (Monaco now - former Real Madrid player in Their Academy With Jose) or placed as a right-back Azpilicueta with Baba (if he comes) as left-back. Ivanovic can not continue in our starting eleven.

2. Fabregas and Hazard? What happens to them? Both have been missing. Hazard has made some good plays, but he has been highly intermittent. And Fabregas is completely lost on the pitch, which is very worrying.

3. Zouma ... This guy has to be in our starting eleven in place of Cahill or JT.

4. Begovic. At least one good news. Very good goalkeeper.

5. Oscar. He is better and better as CM this season. I would not have changed him...

6. Jose ... friend, sometimes I can not understand your approaches. I love you as a father, but we can do other approaches on days like today. And he has to talk with Roman and make four signings before the market close: A left-back (Baba?) one right-back (Fabinho?) one centre-back (John Stones?) and one CM (Please, Koke).

I am very sad today. We have a great squad, but we need three or four new pieces to improve our performance or the season can be made very long.

Regards.

Think Michael Oliver was probably correct with the red card and penalty decision, but I'm fed up watching referees watch Costa get pushed all over the pitch and just wave it off. Costa going full clip toward the end of the second half and he gets pushed with zero interest from Oliver as he stands watching it. Yet he draws the whistle like the Man with No Name the moment we look near a player.

First half I was happy enough other than the conceded goal. It's very us to give away a lead. Thought we dominated and looked up for it.

Second half was woeful. I don't like how we often struggle against 10 men yet fall to bits when it happens to us.

Agreed, made the point earlier. There are teams, where when a red card produced, who can handle one less man and still be an organised composed team. Then there's Chelsea, if anything we like to dig a bigger whole than we're usually in. I'm surprised we didn't have second. In previous games where we've had a man sent off, QPR & City we've ended up with 9 men.

True, and it was only yesterday that PSG played away to Lille with 10 men for the majority of the game and ended up winning 1-0. There's also our disastrous 2-2 with them last season but they aren't even the crème de la crème of European football either as was shown by their games against Barcelona. We are a long way off the top and seem to be accepting it for some reason.

This match just proves our defenders are shit and slow, even Gomis is running in behind our defenders :doh: even pique and Mascherano (who faces far more one on one situations) is better than all our centerbacks.

Only Azpilicueta is good in one on one situations. Every one else needs the team to protect them, because of this we look suspect at the back when Mourinho let's us attack.

The most sluggish and unathletic backline among the top sides in Europe for sure. It infuriates me.

Well we were dominating prior to the sending off. So unless you can find a way to add players to the pitch after receiving a red card and inform the club, we won't do much better given the exact same thing happening.

No we didn't play well until that goal, as soon as we came out the second half we were shocking! What game did you watch. They had loads of changes at the start of the second half and we didn't start at all after half time. You must have watched the wrong game

True, and it was only yesterday that PSG played away to Lille with 10 men for the majority of the game and ended up winning 1-0. Then there was our 2-2 with them last season but they aren't even the crème de la crème of European football either as was shown by their games against Barcelona. We are a long way off the top and seem to be accepting it for some reason.

And there lies the problem in making a lack of any major signings. Big clubs, they continue to put pressure on their established stars so they can continue pushing themselves. PSG just bought Di Maria, they probably don't need him but he puts pressure on guys like Lucas Moura for example. As someone said previously, our stars are starting to get comfortable, Cesc's complacency was highlighted a lot today.

We're in the Premier League's elite, but we're slowly creeping out of Europe's.

The most sluggish and unathletic backline among the top sides in Europe for sure. It infuriates me.

We must park the bus before any of them have a good game. It's a trend I've noticed since last season.

Imagine them playing for Barcelona where messi,Suarez and Neymar don't come back to park the bus for them.