Chelsea v Fiorentina

Jase

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was meant to be going, giving it a miss now. Too much hassle for a friendly.

Same mate! Gutted though, was going to take colleagues of mine who've never been. I've got work on Thursday morning in central as well, hate these wankers.

Shame I don't have the privilege to choose which games to attend...

IMO:

----------------------Begovic--------------------------

---Aina-----ClarkeSalter-------Zouma-----Ake---

-----------------Mikel----------RLC-------------------

-Cuadrado----------Musonda----------Kenedy*-

------------------------Falcao-------------------------

Subs: Blackman, Kane, Ivanovic, Romeu, Chalobah, Traore, Boga, Marin, Moses, Salah, Solanke, Remy.

*Moses if not allowed to play, Piazon replacing Moses on the bench.

LOL. I guarantee NONE of those are going to start.

Shame I don't have the privilege to choose which games to attend...

You wouldn't understand lmao. If the underground train system is closed, which it will be because of strikes, it means it's chaos to get to anywhere - Let alone a football match. I'm a little bit surprised Chelsea didn't react by trying to change the date of this game, because the strike was announced two weeks ago to be fair, but there you have it.

You wouldn't understand lmao. If the underground train system is closed, which it will be because of strikes, it means it's chaos to get to anywhere - Let alone a football match. I'm a little bit surprised Chelsea didn't react by trying to change the date of this game, because the strike was announced two weeks ago to be fair, but there you have it.

they're striking again?!been before where was a strike but a few lines running then the floods a while back that was bad enough but never mind whole lot.don't blame you.guess somewhat hassle to rearrange with season starting Sunday?the walking routes they've provided look interesting..

It is the first match of the season at Stamford Bridge but I think it's more important to give a break to some players thinking about Saturday's game against Swansea (also in The Bridge). Players like Azpilicueta, Fabregas, Matic, Hazard, John Terry (c), Cahill and Ivanovic should not play the entire 90 minutes.

And maybe it's the best day to give a chance to young people, like Ruben Loftus-Cheek, Zouma, Traore, Kenedy (if he has been able to get a work permit) or Nathan Aké (perhaps a good -and the last- chance for him to play as a left-back and so he can say goodbye to us before leaving on loan -before signing Baba-, and also giving a break to Azpi). We have many good young players, but we must use them and Wednesday is a good day for it.

This is a typical match where everyone is happy and with young players the happiness is always bigger.

About the rest of our players ... Falcao must play the entire 90 minutes because he needs to accumulate minutes to regain the trust in itself. To me the other day against Arsenal he did not do a bad match because he fought in every minute but he had no luck in front of goal. His behavior was good and with minutes and trust the goals will come again.

And maybe Cuadrado should have at least a chance to start a match in our starting eleven. I want to see if he has level / quality to play with us...

Courtois / Begovic

Zouma JT © or Cahill

Mandatory (IMO)

???? ????

Iva or Aina Nathan Aké or Baba?

interesting (IMO)

Oscar RLC

Mandatory (IMO) Mandatory (IMO)

Cuadrado Willian Moses

or Traore interesting (IMO) Necessary and he deserves this chance (IMO)

Interesting and Mandatory (IMO)

Falcao

Mandatory (IMO)

GO BLUES!

chelseaheartapng.png

Regards to ALL.

This is such a key game for Falcao, if he scores in front of the Stamford Bridge crowd, it would do him the world of good and may earn him a start against Swansea if Costa isnt 100%.

Courtois

Ivanovic - Zouma - Terry - Azpilicueta

Fabregas - Mikel

Cuadrado - Oscar - Hazard

Falcao

Would like to see this starting eleven vs Fiorentina..

Tibs

Ivanovic - Terry © - Zouma - Azpi

Matic - Oscar

Cuadrado - Willian - Hazard

Falcao

I only put Willian as a CAM because I'd like to see how he can operate there, as opposed to a RW, because players like Cuadrado need game time, and it would be ideal for a fellow international to play alongside Falcao so it will help him settle in faster. Oscar is at CM because I wouldn't mind seeing him try to impress Mourinho in that position, because during the conclusion of last season, he was absolute dogshite.. pushed off the ball too easily, indecisive passes, poor vision, unnecessary shooting from far out.. this will be a chance for him, before the start of the season, to prove he can be more sensible with the ball.. Fabregas to replace him either at half-time or at 60 mins!

Ramires could potentially be an alternative to replace Oscar, but I really don't like his game at the moment. He's just like Mikel at times, in that he can be too indecisive when going in for a tackle. I feel he can be far too aggressive at times and it leads to us getting an early booking, in areas where we need to be solid, and not careful of losing a man! If Ramires is chosen by Mourinho, he needs to work more as a box-to-box, rather than a tackler.. let Matic do that work because he's a tank at that.. Matic is the closest we have to Makelele. he reads the game, he breaks up the play, he passes into space. Ramires on the other hand.. NEEDS to use his uber Stamina to good use and carry the ball forward, rather than having a dig at the opposition tackle-wise.

The way I've always liked our Chelsea midfield to operate, is that if we have two CMs that work in two completely different ways. One breaks up the play and protects the defense, the other is the pacy ball carrier that starts something and offers support to the CAM. We have the play breaker in Matic and it's adament that he starts in every game (the fact that Mikel is a similar build to Matic probably explains why he hardly gets a look-in .. two similar players. We tried Matic-Mikel at Spurs and we lost 5-3*), but then we have the choice of partnering Matic with either Fabregas, Oscar or Ramires. I think Mourinho needs to try all 3 out at some stage and decide who can work efficiently next to Matic, and whoever performs well, start him regularly.

Also, if RLC has learned anything from his spat with Mourinho after the tour of Australia, maybe he'll get his chance too!

* The fact that Matic and Mikel were two similar play-breakers against Spurs meant was that there was no pace in midfield, and you had a situation where you had our wingers working tirelessly trying to fend for themselves, but with a lack of support. That's why Hazard did brilliantly in that game.. it was just our defense that didn't have a good day, and Spurs just picked us off!