• Ivanovic (sub)
    • Matic (sub)
    • Ramires (sub)
    • Willian (sub)
    • Fabregas (sub)
    • Remy (sub)
    • Hazard (sub)

Not too woried tbh.

Wearing teams down is often key to our style and that's very hard to do in games where teams can freshen up in such numbers. These games are a million miles away from real points at stake games.

No major concerns, although a faster back four where they dont have to play deep would reap massive rewards- oh and 16 shots total on target in pre season is pisspoor

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was just that we got lucky. United weren't quiet in it, Arsenal were well Arsenal, City were close but then lucky favored us in the matches were City lost or drew.

Even though there was 8 points of separation lets not forget, we weren't really the best. I believe when the same thing was pointed out alot of us just wanted us to lift the title and talk about how average we were afterwards.

It is not like we played brilliantly and won the league, we were just best of the worst last season. Nearly every team out there last season were crappy and with Costa we just looked the best.

Most of the woes we are complaining about right now are the ones we have been complaining since last season.

Do people seriously have a short term memory or they just like to focus on the negatives? Yes, we weren't great in the second half of last season but to say we didn't play brilliantly is pure ignorance as clearly you didn't watch us play in the first half of the season.

Its Mourinhos job to get players improving during training.

Another training session is still another failed training exercise.

This was a real world scenario training session for both teams, and we were terrible.

What has he been coaching our players apart from saying " we are family" i trust you. Lets hug each other and create a loving environment.

Create an attacking philosophy and it will show during games.

Yes, i know it is pre season, but this is a longer thing for me. Jose needs to get his shit together.

Its Mourinhos job to get players improving during training.

Another training session is still another failed training exercise.

This was a real world scenario training session for both teams, and we were terrible.

What has he been coaching our players apart from saying " we are family" i trust you. Lets hug each other and create a loving environment.

Create an attacking philosophy and it will show during games.

Yes, i know it is pre season, but this is a longer thing for me. Jose needs to get his shit together.

Still bitter about the sale of Mata? Mourinho won us the league for the first time in 5 seasons, lets not judge the team based on a few friendlies.

Fucking shit, and didn't get home until 2am, but worth it to pick this beauty up (though I got one without CHAMPIONS 15 and the gold badges... a bit over the top IMO - plain shirt with the embroidering was only £3 more than the regular one):cfc-170145.jpg

Not too woried tbh.

Wearing teams down is often key to our style and that's very hard to do in games where teams can freshen up in such numbers. These games are a million miles away from real points at stake games.

No major concerns, although a faster back four where they dont have to play deep would reap massive rewards- oh and 16 shots total on target in pre season is pisspoor

People forget that the Fiorentina coach used the substitution to his advantage. Every-time his team was getting worn out he will throw in like 5-6 subs. he must have used 30 subs in that game. How the hell do you expect any team to beat that? By the time to start to figure out this group, he will bring another. Then another 5-10 minutes goes by trying to figure that one out. No amount of preparations could help you solve that kinda puzzle.

People forget that the Fiorentina coach used the substitution to his advantage. Every-time his team was getting worn out he will throw in like 5-6 subs. he must have used 30 subs in that game. How the hell do you expect any team to beat that? By the time to start to figure out this group, he will bring another. Then another 5-10 minutes goes by trying to figure that one out. No amount of preparations could help you solve that kinda puzzle.

We changed our team too. Sort of surprised our superior players couldn't run circles around guys that wouldn't make the bench at Tottenham.

Do people seriously have a short term memory or they just like to focus on the negatives? Yes, we weren't great in the second half of last season but to say we didn't play brilliantly is pure ignorance as clearly you didn't watch us play in the first half of the season.

You focus on the first half of the season which I am in total agreement with but I chose to focus on the second half of the season where we have to play in multiple competitions (crucial stages) and really prove our worth. :D Anyways its going to be the same team, lets see if we can defend our title ( I would love for that to happen and have all my negativity shoved up my *** )

We were the best.

City were poor, Liverpool vanished and the others did not make any real progress.

What you 'd rather say is that outside us, it was a bad year for the premier league overall, as the European results also showed.

Complaints began after January or thereabouts, even though the first place looked secure.

But instead of some improvement we remain stationary.

Mybe Cuadrado's was signed to add the element of speed but this man looks scared when sent out there.

Again we were good in the first half of the season not the entire season.

I disagree with being lucky thing. In cup games, yes, lucky draw, lucky away goals and aggregate, lucky referee decisions, etc, could happens. But, not in the league with 38 games. Along the way we have faced all those top teams you mentioned and we could handle them well. The part of most of them considered 'unlucky' in several matches, are mainly because of they are shit in the first place factor, rather than our luckiness. That's why I strongly disagree with the statement this is the worst team, who has just won the league couple of months ago.

Well that's last season. Yes, at the moment, this season, we might be the worst team from the top 4, because other teams has significant improvement than ours and on the odds their chances are bigger. But, hey, the league is not even started, who knows.

Don't read in between the lines, I never said this isn't the best team. All I am saying we weren't the best (in other words we didn't play to our potential). I believe we still have a good team compared to the top 4 just that we don't seem to be performing anywhere near the level we should be and that won't be enough this season. My complaint has never been that we don't have a marquee signing its just that we aren't playing to our best ! Something seems to be lacking and I am not as good as others on the forum to comment exactly what that is !

Who cares? It's preseason! Results and performances don't matter! :lol:

I'm kind of worried though that we've done pretty poorly in the transfer-department so far, without any real assets set to join us... whereas our direct opponents have strengthened their squads considerably. Cech joining Arsenal btw is the biggest worry for me... We just bolstered the one department that failed them in their titles races time and time again last seasons (defence) by handing them a point-winning keeper. Bring on the reinforcements please !!!

I'm kind of worried though that we've done pretty poorly in the transfer-department so far, without any real assets set to join us... whereas our direct opponents have strengthened their squads considerably. Cech joining Arsenal btw is the biggest worry for me... We just bolstered the one department that failed them in their titles races time and time again last seasons (defence) by handing them a point-winning keeper. Bring on the reinforcements please !!!

what kind of re-enforcements do you want ?

Let's all quit the negativity and save it for Saturday (should the team provide us with a reason to be, of course) and let's try and focus on the positives of last night's performance.

1. ZOUMA IS A TANK

...oh, and Begovic isn't a bad second-choice 'keeper, is he?

You focus on the first half of the season which I am in total agreement with but I chose to focus on the second half of the season where we have to play in multiple competitions (crucial stages) and really prove our worth. :D Anyways its going to be the same team, lets see if we can defend our title ( I would love for that to happen and have all my negativity shoved up my *** )

Again we were good in the first half of the season not the entire season.

Don't read in between the lines, I never said this isn't the best team. All I am saying we weren't the best (in other words we didn't play to our potential). I believe we still have a good team compared to the top 4 just that we don't seem to be performing anywhere near the level we should be and that won't be enough this season. My complaint has never been that we don't have a marquee signing its just that we aren't playing to our best ! Something seems to be lacking and I am not as good as others in the forum to comment exactly what that is !

Umm didn't we do just that (prove our worth) in the second half of the season?

It's when things are going shit when the true quality and character of the team gets tested to the limit, that's why Arsenal fall to 3rd/4th every single season, because they simply cannot cope in adversity and suffer a series of poor results. We on the other hand knuckled down, showed the spirit and got the results, the players and the management team deserve all the credit in the world for that yet barely get any from even their own fans, I don't get it sometimes.

Umm didn't we do just that (prove our worth) in the second half of the season?

It's when things are going shit when the true quality and character of the team gets tested to the limit, that's why Arsenal fall to 3rd/4th every single season, because they simply cannot cope in adversity and suffer a series of poor results. We on the other hand knuckled down, showed the spirit and got the results, the players and the management team deserve all the credit in the world for that yet barely get any from even their own fans, I don't get it sometimes.

That kind of adds to the point that because the other teams played so badly we came of as the better team. And we only had PL to focus on because we were knocked out of FA by a championship team !

Ah ! I can go on for the sake of arguing... I am going to draw my line here... Certainly kudos to the team and Mourinho for lifting the trophy last season but dont expect that this season is all I am getting at. If you are happy with performance of last season good for you, at the max we will be able to defend the PL or get FA cup. Unless we up our performance don't dream of CL.

I for one want to see good football and see us lift CL sometime in the near future. Don't want lifting CL to be a once in 10 years thing :P

what kind of re-enforcements do you want ?

Same as everybody, I guess. A top central defender to compete with Cahill, improvement in CM for Mikel and Ramires and a top RM/CAM!

The most exhilirating incoming transfers for me would be Varane, Witsel and Pedro or Reus. Not that much meat on the market, though, so realistically I think we'll have to lower our expectations. At the same time it's true that we can't go on a spending spree each year... or can we :ph34r: ?