test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Billy.

General Thread

Started by Billy.,

126 posts in this topic
15 hours ago, Unionjack said:

You've championed the ladies well mate. A part of Chelsea I largely ignore. You must be gutted your Av is leaving us.

Yeah, very emotional for me. I've met her personally a couple of times, including the church I go to. Aluko introduced me to Women's football.

What's worse I couldn't travel to Liverpool to see her final game (however I've been eyeballing the updates).

2-0 down, then they rose up to beat Pool Ladies 2-3. Including a Aluko goal and a brilliant equaliser from Ji. Stuff of champions.

These Ladies haven't let me down (well, actually several times but as not as much) ever since I started supporting them in 2015.

What a way to finish the season unbeaten. WHAT. A. WAY.

Unionjack likes this

6 hours ago, Mana said:

Yeah, very emotional for me. I've met her personally a couple of times, including the church I go to. Aluko introduced me to Women's football.

What's worse I couldn't travel to Liverpool to see her final game (however I've been eyeballing the updates).

2-0 down, then they rose up to beat Pool Ladies 2-3. Including a Aluko goal and a brilliant equaliser from Ji. Stuff of champions.

These Ladies haven't let me down (well, actually several times but as not as much) ever since I started supporting them in 2015.

With 4 of the team leaving you might use Ji as new Av?

Ji So-Yun: Chelsea Ladies midfielder signs new deal with WSL 1 champions

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44200171

On ‎21‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 9:54 AM, Mana said:

I was there. Was great and we made up more than 25% of the crowd. Was a lot of fun celebrating with the team after the game.

Our published attendances have been the highest in the league which is great but hopefully we'll be able to push them up further still. Before then however there's a lot to look forward in the summer with at least 4 players moving on and desperately needing to be replaced. Should be fun watching the comings and goings.

@Jason @Special Juan Change the name of the thread. Following the trend of Arsenal, City etc., Chelsea Ladies have become...

On 5/21/2018 at 4:05 PM, Unionjack said:

With 4 of the team leaving you might use Ji as new Av?

Ji So-Yun: Chelsea Ladies midfielder signs new deal with WSL 1 champions

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44200171

Ji is awesome, 3rd fav but nah. I'm leaving it as Aluko for at least 2 years. And even then when I change it, the avi will be Fran Kirby (assuming she's still a Chelsea Woman).

On 5/21/2018 at 10:41 PM, OhForAGreavsie said:

I was there. Was great and we made up more than 25% of the crowd. Was a lot of fun celebrating with the team after the game.

Our published attendances have been the highest in the league which is great but hopefully we'll be able to push them up further still. Before then however there's a lot to look forward in the summer with at least 4 players moving on a desperately needing to be replaced. Should be fun watching the comings and goings.

Fun? Not for me it ain't. We lost Aluko, Chapman and Rafferty (who's the 4th? Dunn? Who left months ago?) and these players brought huge experience to the team. They'll be missed badly.

If we going to win the CL next season, we have bring in players who are just as good as these (or better). And City Women won't sit around either, they'll spend as well.

20 hours ago, Mana said:

Fun? Not for me it ain't. We lost Aluko, Chapman and Rafferty (who's the 4th? Dunn? Who left months ago?) and these players brought huge experience to the team. They'll be missed badly.

If we going to win the CL next season, we have bring in players who are just as good as these (or better). And City Women won't sit around either, they'll spend as well.

Yes, it was definitely fun. The departing players were leaving anyway. It was a nice occasion to share the ending of their time at the club with them. Was an especially nice touch when Claire came on to the supporters coach to thank us for the silver salver we had presented to her, and to say a last goodbye. She definitely enjoyed the day.

If you count Crystal that would make five departures. The name you've missed out from the list of first team departures is Becky Spencer but others not quite in the top squad have also left. Worse, three players' contracts are running out. The club is certain to pull out all the stops to keep Maren and Gilly but there are fears that Gemma will move in search or more playing time. A busy summer ahead for the club.

To be more competitive in the CL we need to significantly upgrade the squad, not just replace the departing players like for like. Wolfsburg were a pleasure to watch at Kingsmeadow. Some of their fans were generous enough to recognise that we are now closer to them than we have been in previous seasons but the truth is we are still miles behind them. They are the standard for me. We have our work cut out to catch up with them.

P.S. Good luck to VFL in today's Champions League Final.