General Thread

Billy.

First fifteen minutes were not great but, overall, the best performance I've seen from the ladies. The scoreline is a fair reflection of their dominance. Ji was great and picked up MOTM but Gemma Davidson was outstanding too. Excellent wing play from her, including two brilliant assists where she beat her 'man' and pulled it back to set up easy chances.

Title is ours next week if we beat Sunderland, or City fail to beat Notts County. If we draw then City need to win by four goals or more to overtake us on goal difference. In certain circumstances however, a three goal win might do for them. Of course if we loose then any win will do for City.

3-0 now. Still 25 mins left but that's the title wrapped up surely.

Really enjoying watching the ladies play. Eni has been great, Fran Kirby is having her best game so far in Chelsea blue, Drew Spence has just been subbed but has been excellent at the heart of midfield, Gemma Davidson has been outstanding as usual and Ji has been imperious in the ten. A pleasure to watch this team.

Wow! What a goal by Fran Kirby. Brilliant turn on the edge of the box, pushed the ball to give herself the angle she wanted and then a fabulous drive off the underside of the bar. Top, top quality goal. 1-0 Blues.

I was just about to do a post saying how pleased I am to see Millie Bright back in the starting line up tonight. Fact is that, in effect, it's Fran keeping her out of the side as we changed our shape to get Kirbs into the team. Maybe Millie should rotate a bit more with Drew Spence. I love her too but Millie needs to play.

P.S. We're playing Glasgow City in the first round, first leg of The Champion's League.

I missed the game tonight, Glad Kirby got another goal tonight.

How did we play overall?

Started brilliantly with Gemma looking too good for the oppo once again but it didn't last. We fully deserved the win and missed at least one glorious chance to double the lead but there was some serious misfiring.

Gemma being Gemma, she enjoyed good moments but Glasgow had a plan for her and it shut her down quite well for the middle hour of the game.

Ji was quiet. One or two nice passes but not enough effective contribution.

Eni didn't have a good game. She didn't link well with the other strikers, while all her efforts on goal lacked power or direction. She was also caught in possession more than once.

Biggest minus was our passing high. Time after time we won possession but just gave it back immediately. A lot of very makable passes were missed. As a result almost everything we tried to do fizzled out.

Three highs: -

Fran's goal really was a heck of a strike

Millie Bright was excellent. Was delighted when I saw her name on the team sheet and she didn't disappoint. Covered a lot of ground, won a lot of headers put in a lot of crunching tackles, was constantly showing for the ball and hit some stunning cross field passes off either foot. Clear MOTM, hard to see how she can be dropped for next week.

Niamh Fahey was even more calmly authoritative than usual. Reminded me last night of JT at his best.