test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Billy.

Chelsea Ladies

Started by Billy.,

97 posts in this topic

Wow! What a goal by Fran Kirby. Brilliant turn on the edge of the box, pushed the ball to give herself the angle she wanted and then a fabulous drive off the underside of the bar. Top, top quality goal. 1-0 Blues.

I was just about to do a post saying how pleased I am to see Millie Bright back in the starting line up tonight. Fact is that, in effect, it's Fran keeping her out of the side as we changed our shape to get Kirbs into the team. Maybe Millie should rotate a bit more with Drew Spence. I love her too but Millie needs to play.

P.S. We're playing Glasgow City in the first round, first leg of The Champion's League.

Finished 1-0. Second leg next Wednesday.

I missed the game tonight, Glad Kirby got another goal tonight.

How did we play overall?

I missed the game tonight, Glad Kirby got another goal tonight.

How did we play overall?

Started brilliantly with Gemma looking too good for the oppo once again but it didn't last. We fully deserved the win and missed at least one glorious chance to double the lead but there was some serious misfiring.

Gemma being Gemma, she enjoyed good moments but Glasgow had a plan for her and it shut her down quite well for the middle hour of the game.

Ji was quiet. One or two nice passes but not enough effective contribution.

Eni didn't have a good game. She didn't link well with the other strikers, while all her efforts on goal lacked power or direction. She was also caught in possession more than once.

Biggest minus was our passing high. Time after time we won possession but just gave it back immediately. A lot of very makable passes were missed. As a result almost everything we tried to do fizzled out.

Three highs: -

Fran's goal really was a heck of a strike

Millie Bright was excellent. Was delighted when I saw her name on the team sheet and she didn't disappoint. Covered a lot of ground, won a lot of headers put in a lot of crunching tackles, was constantly showing for the ball and hit some stunning cross field passes off either foot. Clear MOTM, hard to see how she can be dropped for next week.

Niamh Fahey was even more calmly authoritative than usual. Reminded me last night of JT at his best.

Billy. and Mana like this

Glad the ladies got the three points. Was busy tonight so I couldn't watch the match.

Kirby's on fire though it seems. I believe we will be at least on the final of the Champions League!

Glad the ladies got the three points. Was busy tonight so I couldn't watch the match.

Kirby's on fire though it seems. I believe we will be at least on the final of the Champions League!

Big shout that mate. there are alot of amazing womans teams from around Europe, and this being out first time in it i think we should aim for 1/4 and that would be amazing. The Germans tend to dominate The Champions League

Lol I said three points. They didn't get any points, it was just the first leg.

Anyway half time at Glasgow, second leg. 0-1 Chelsea, with Aluko(!) scoring the opening goal.

2-0 on aggregate. We were in full control from the 1st minute, Glasgow now need to score 3 without us replying to get through.

The game is live in Chelsea TV if you want to see it.

we are unseeded for the last 16 of the champions league draw takes place on Monday 12.30 UK time

Seeded
FFC Frankfurt (GER, holders) coefficient 72.680
Olympique Lyonnais (FRA) 115.080
Wolfsburg (GER) 97.680
Rosengård (SWE) 69.295
Paris Saint-Germain (FRA) 59.080
Fortuna Hjørring (DEN) 50.870
Zvezda-2005 (RUS) 37.520
Barcelona (ESP) 36.530

Unseeded

ASD Verona (ITA) 20.550
KIF Örebro (SWE) 20.295
Chelsea (ENG) 19.140
FC Twente (NED) 14.610
Brescia (ITA) 14.550
Slavia Praha (CZE) 13.560
Atlético Madrid (ESP) 13.530
LSK Kvinner (NOR) 12.075

Gemma has had to switch wings to try to get involved. Shortly after she got he first real involvement of the game, cutting inside and firing a shot high and a little wide but it was our best moment of the match so far.

Muzchap likes this

1-1. Another own goal but we're level. Great headed finish actually looping over the keeper and under the bar. Goal cam against the run of play. The start of the second half has been just like the first. we can't keep the ball and we're well on the back foot.

Muzchap likes this

Yes! Last minute of injury time, winner from Fran Kirby completes the fightback. Chelsea 2-1 Man City. The holders, who trailed with less than 3 minutes of normal time remaining, are through to a second successive Women's FA Cup final. The game will be staged at Wembley on May 14th.

Billy., Mana and Blue_Fox_ like this