test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
xPetrCechx

Rumoured Antonio Candreva

Started by xPetrCechx,

187 posts in this topic
1 minute ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

That was in my first post. Was it not?

Ya that's what I thought... 

So you see him getting in ahead of our player of the year? Willian? In any variation of 4-4-2 Willian is wide right more often than anything else. Its clear a two striker system leaves us with one less attacking mid.

2 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

Ya that's what I thought... 

So you see him getting in ahead of our player of the year? Willian? In any variation of 4-4-2 Willian is wide right more often than anything else. Its clear a two striker system leaves us with one less attacking mid.

A number of things can happen.
As I've already explained it might be we'll keep using a 4-2-3-1 (something I don't really want)
It might be we'd be going with a 4-4-2 Diamond (Interesting idea)
In a 4-4-2 (4-2-4) for Conte, it might happen that Hazard plays as the second striker (If our Morata chase will fail)
And to be honest if we manage to get a proper cm I can see him getting in ahead of Willian a fair number of times.
As I've said, he is a fantastic player, even more so than Schurrle in my opinion, and it would be a waste to keep him on the bench more minutes than not.

Just now, Blue_Fox_ said:

A number of things can happen.
As I've already explained it might be we'll keep using a 4-2-3-1 (something I don't really want)
It might be we'd be going with a 4-4-2 Diamond (Interesting idea)
In a 4-4-2 (4-2-4) for Conte, it might happen that Hazard plays as the second striker (If our Morata chase will fail)
And to be honest if we manage to get a proper cm I can see him getting in ahead of Willian a fair number of times.
As I've said, he is a fantastic player, even more so than Schurrle in my opinion, and it would be a waste to keep him on the bench more minutes than not.

lets assume the obvious is the case. We sign Candreva and Morata... 

Have you ever seen a Conte side play 4-2-3-1? By all accounts we're playing a two striker system and in no way is are interest in Morata a sign that Hazard will play in the secondary striker role.

I appreciate your love of Candreva, I like him too but if all things are equal and we are interested in him to play a known Conte formation, I think its safe to say its Candreva and not Willian who will be coming off the bench. Candreva gives us more flexibility in shapes but as an out and out winger (4-4-2 or 4-2-2 or whatever) Willian offers more.

11 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

lets assume the obvious is the case. We sign Candreva and Morata... 

Have you ever seen a Conte side play 4-2-3-1? By all accounts we're playing a two striker system and in no way is are interest in Morata a sign that Hazard will play in the secondary striker role.

I appreciate your love of Candreva, I like him too but if all things are equal and we are interested in him to play a known Conte formation, I think its safe to say its Candreva and not Willian who will be coming off the bench. Candreva gives us more flexibility in shapes but as an out and out winger (4-4-2 or 4-2-2 or whatever) Willian offers more.

Conte did play 4-2-3-1 a few matches (as I've said already it's not my favourite option)
Again, IF our chase for Morata should fail, I can see Hazard getting minutes as a second striker, because his work rate is shite and Conte doesn't really do free roles.
Are you sure in a 4-4-2 under Conte, Willian would get more minutes than Candreva? I'm not so sure, looking at their traits, and what they like to do during the course of a match, I think Candreva has every opportunity to start AT LEAST (again you seem to want to read only what suits you) as much minutes as Willian.
And again, it might be (pure speculation I know, and something you conveniently left out) Conte could feel like fielding a 4-4-2 Diamond for some pure midfield power.

Just now, Blue_Fox_ said:

Conte did play 4-2-3-1 a few matches (as I've said already it's not my favourite option)
Again, IF our chase for Morata should fail, I can see Hazard getting minutes as a second striker, because his work rate is shite and Conte doesn't really do free roles.
Are you sure in a 4-4-2 under Conte, Willian would get more minutes than Candreva? I'm not so sure, looking at their traits, and what they like to do during the course of a match, I think Candreva has every opportunity to start AT LEAST (again you seem to want to read only what suits you) as much minutes as Willian.
And again, it might be (pure speculation I know) Conte could feel like fielding a 4-4-2 Diamond for some pure midfield power.

Not his preferred shape. Lets deal with the ideal world first....

If we don't get Morata we will likely look to buy another striker, Hazard doesn't possess natural goalscoring instincts. That much to me is clear...

And yes I'm sure Willian will get into the XI more often than Candreva, he's simply the better player.

This conversation has gone well off the deep end. You keep bringing up scenarios that are far fetched... I like Candreva, think he's a useful player. I don't think he will start over Willian, no chance.

oldportblue likes this

3 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

Not his preferred shape. Lets deal with the ideal world first....

If we don't get Morata we will likely look to buy another striker, Hazard doesn't possess natural goalscoring instincts. That much to me is clear...

And yes I'm sure Willian will get into the XI more often than Candreva, he's simply the better player.

This conversation has gone well off the deep end. You keep bringing up scenarios that are far fetched... I like Candreva, think he's a useful player. I don't think he will start over Willian, no chance.

in what way is willian better?, certainly not in shooting and crossing, which is what we need from the winger

3 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

That might be if you keep acknowledging only what you think useful to your own points. ^_^
Ya. "Conversation" over.

Just now, lucio said:

in what way is willian better?, certainly not in shooting and crossing, which is what we need from the winger

Exactly. It is more about the system than the individual player.

2 minutes ago, lucio said:

Much more industry on and off the ball. blazing pace on counter scenarios. Better technique on the ball, better ball retention.

We need more than shooting and crossing but I'll let you go on thinking Candreva is gonna start over willian.

oldportblue likes this

5 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

Much more industry on and off the ball. blazing pace on counter scenarios. Better technique on the ball, better ball retention.

Which is why, as already mentioned before, if we do manage to get a b2b I can easily see Candreva getting AT LEAST ( :lol: ) as much minutes as Willian. The system could be much more effective then.

2 minutes ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

Which is why, as already mentioned before, if we do manage to get a b2b I can easily see Candreva getting AT LEAST ( :lol: ) as much minutes as Willian. The system could be much more effective then.

you need to explain that. What does having a b2b have to do with Candreva and Willian's minute distribution?

12 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

you need to explain that. What does having a b2b have to do with Candreva and Willian's minute distribution?

You surely must be joking?

53 minutes ago, manpe said:

If Conte wants him, get him. Looks like an easy enough target.

Except on Football Manager where Lazio only sell him for over 25,000,000 :ph34r: 

Some of those crosses he swings into the box are bloodly well fantastic. Seems like he is an awesome winger from what I've seen.

Great player and well known to Conte but can't see him signing without significant departures, especially if Cuadrado is given another shot.

Antonio Candreva wants to follow Antonio Conte to Chelsea, according to Italian football journalist Emanuele Giulianelli.