Arsenal 1-0 Chelsea

Jase

Man of the Match  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

The funny thing is in our last two trips to The Emirates Arsenal were actually more defensive than us.

Wenger is a bit of a weird one, he's capable off good tactical games but in other occasions he goes and does his best Ossie Ardilles impression.

There seem to be more of that from Wenger recently, if his pragmatic approach in the big away games last season is anything to go by. Did it at the Bridge (and at the Emirates too), at City, United, LIverpool and even Tottenham. He only got 1 win from those matches but he seem to have finally learned his lesson.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CLfzyqwUAAAD3Rb.png

Wenger has taken up the 'Sit back and play on the counter' approach in the big away matches last season - just like we've always done - but because it's Wenger, no one said anything about it.

Rewatching the game, huge lack of balance in Arsenal's goal.

Willian and Ramires pressing, Arsenal recover well and have a chance on the counter, Matic moves to the right to fill the void, this leaves Walcott alone in the middle, when he gets the ball, Terry has to close him, and that leaves Azpi on 1 on 1 with a good dribbler.

A bit of luck as Arsenal did the best possible action, especially Cazorla and Ozil, but this is how weak our midfield can be at times, lack of coordination between Rami, Fabregas and Matic, Willian and Rami both pressing made us loose balance especially that the spaniard was high up the pitch.

Fabregas has never been good def ensively on a tactical/positioning level, and the screens on the spoilers show perfectly how we need a third CM with high tactical IQ and moreover better coordination on the midfield, Matic can't be everywhere all the time and Azpi isn't going to win 100% of his 1 on 1 duels, no matter how good he can be.

Oh and Ramires recovering slowly after that...

1hq9t0.jpg

These are the games that we usually beat arsenal 2:1 any other day. Just didn't happen this time. Not gonna act like it doesn't mean anything but it's not the end of world either.

I'm less optimistic about the start of the season as I was before, especially with costa's constant struggles and us not looking fit and ready. Hopefully I'm wrong and we'll start blazing in the PL.

We need more aggression.

There are players for whom the defences know "if we miss him once it's a goal".

Granted Eden is one such but we need more.

If the defenders miss Iva is it a certain goal ? And I don't mean in the scrummages of course where he does do some tricks.

We are in danger of becoming slow motion, which is most un-Chelsea like.

These are the games that we usually beat arsenal 2:1 any other day. Just didn't happen this time. Not gonna act like it doesn't mean anything but it's not the end of world either.

I'm less optimistic about the start of the season as I was before, especially with costa's constant struggles and us not looking fit and ready. Hopefully I'm wrong and we'll start blazing in the PL.

Maybe we will lose some matches, because the opposition is lucky or because they get to play brilliant.

But it's the performences that we look into.

Against PSG and against Arsenal we were horrible.

Against Barcelona better, against the American team ... never mind.

The way i see things Arsenal were better prepared, ahead of us in terms of fitness and smply wanted to win much more then we did, and they still only narrowly beat us! i really cant see anyone getting near us again this season (as long as our key players stay fit.)

Arsene Wenger sings his version (Feeling Bonne) of the version by Muse - Feeling Good

The Word 'Bonne' is French for Good.

Wenger BEATS Mourinho! Arsenal vs Chelsea 1-0 Community Shield 2015 (Cartoon Goals Highlights)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-phYSGfiLKk

Published on Aug 3, 2015

uploaded over 13 hours ago by 442oons

Feeling Good by Muse