Arsenal 1-0 Chelsea

Jase

Man of the Match  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

now jose don't know if costa will play against swansea...
new season, old problem...
why we can't solve it for once and for all?!

Whilst it seems we are keeping things safe with Costa, and Falcao starting next game, we maybe giving ourselves a problem if Falcao starts firing. Falcao is the type of striker who could start and keep out Costa if with ease if he gets it going.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lost the game but there were good things to take out of it. Matic bossed the game, Fabregas showed glimpses of his excellent vision. Hazard surprisingly was our least effective player but no worries there as I know when the real thing kicks in he will be back to best. Cahill was excellent today and hopefully shut a few people up who think he needs to be replaced. I am not too worried anyway. We lost but plenty positive things from today. Bring on next week.

Lost the game but there were good things to take out of it. Matic bossed the game, Fabregas showed glimpses of his excellent vision. Hazard surprisingly was our least effective player but no worries there as I know when the real thing kicks in he will be back to best. Cahill was excellent today and hopefully shut a few people up who think he needs to be replaced. I am not too worried anyway. We lost but plenty positive things from today. Bring on next week.

Sadly that's exactly what an Arsenal fan would say pre 2015

Failure against a packed defense.

Not that they are the sorts who could n't come back again had we equalized, but they played a park the bus system all the time I watched.

Also the sunshine makes tv viewing impossible. They should never play so early, especially a charity shield match.

The injuries of Diego Costa begin to worry me and Falcao ... As I said it's going to be birds or eggs with Falcao.

He's so won us three of our last four titles; won the champions league twice with two clubs who should have never had a chance and is considered by pretty much everyone the best manager in the world. Stop whining. Jesus.

Whining? I am just being honest, rather than jumping on Jose bandwagon. How did our past two seasons CL campaign go? If you like what you see on the pitch whenever we play then i am sorry to say that you are not football fun.

The most worrying thing for me is our crossing. Absolutely piss poor. Got to say Willian was excellent and is really starting to impress in every game he plays.

Ivanovic was shocking at his delivery once again today, rinse and repeat every single time he got it.

As things stand, Is anyone here highly optimistic going into the new season? If so why.

Me.

I have faith in Mourinho because he's a serial winner. I have faith that the board will see sense and buy us the 2/3 players we need. I have faith that the managers of all of the other top teams still don't know how to correctly set up their teams for big games and so will keep losing to both each other and us. I know we've got the best big game manager in the league, we've got the best GK, the best CB and the best player. Remember aswell that our team is pretty settled and other teams are hoping for their new signings to gel quite quickly, I think this may be an issue. We'll just have to wait and see. If after 6 games we've got 14+ points i'll be pretty happy. Any less than 10 and I will start getting worried, but until then i'm pretty happy.

I still expect us to win the league next season and then possibly one of the 2 domestic cups. CL will be out of our reach barring 2012-esque magic and luck but that's not that much of a problem atm.

I'd take us winning the league ATM which for me is more than good enough, so yeah, i'm pretty optimistic.

Couldn't get tickets as my uncle was on holiday n been ill today so wouldn't been able to go..worked out in a way especially as it was a loss anyway so didn't miss to much in a way

Much to improve on going into next season but it's a long many months.We only lost by one which was nice but been nice to start things with a trophy even if seen a little.Onto next week..

The most worrying thing for me is our crossing. Absolutely piss poor. Got to say Willian was excellent and is really starting to impress in every game he plays.

You have to be lucky, like Barcelona equalizer. If that failed you were going to say "what a poor effort".

With crosses the trick is to be as near the goal line as possible. In 1978 world cup BBC made a series of demonstrations with Malcolm Allison in the role of the professor. If you cross from the middle of the park it's 90% failure. Sometimes goals happen that way too, but apart from everything else the defense can play you off side when you do that.

This was always the case.. we barely ever score from crosses.

Should really stop this BS pass to Iva and he will put in a low cross that will lead to nothing thing..

Is that an insult? La Liga has the best teams in the world.

La Liga teams don't go to Newcastle in winter, they go to Valencia instead. Let's see how many of the Arsenal players will spend the winter injured again.