Jase

Man of the Match  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This isn't a moan, but just imagine how we'd look with a player like Vidal in there instead of Ramires or Oscar. A beast of a box to box midfielder that would allow Cesc to always stay deeper. Good in both defense and attack and is a tenacious competitor.

The one thing we're badly missing.

Just out of interest: With everyone rightly acknowledging that no emphasis should be but on those (glorified) preason friendlies as we have had a shorter preparation time than all other teams hence not being as sharp as them, why the heck didn't we simply start preseason a few days earlier? In 2 weeks we have to go to the etihad ffs.

The list of this thread in the few hours to come...

Falcao is a cunt, Cesc is shit, Tibo is a poor Cech, Mourinho will be sacked after ten games and Hazard should be sold.

Welcome to TC

How about you actually start reading what's being posted instead of dismissing every criticism as BS?

Who flicked sand in your fanny?

To be fair Amels has a point, those types of posts have become just as annoying - lumping everyone in the same box, dismissing everyone's criticism and not offering up an explanation or counter specific arguments. Adds absolutely nothing to the forum except a false sense of superiority from the poster.

To be fair Amels has a point, those types of posts have become just as annoying - lumping everyone in the same box, dismissing everyone's criticism and not offering up an explanation or counter specific arguments. Adds absolutely nothing to the forum except a false sense of superiority.

I agree 100%

Now people are saying that it was a friendly and it didn't matter, and that Wenger hasn't beaten Mourinho blah blah...... You know the thing that separates us and Arsenal Fans, We know that we should accept defeat. At least congratulate Arsenal on their win, except of just moaning that we were better and Arsenal didn't deserve it.

Not the result, but some things are worrying:

1- You just can't accept that in his 3rd season Mourinho doesn't have a proper left back. More worrying: we are starting the season with no left back at all. Azi is not a left back, he was used there as a quick fix to Ashley Cole bad performances. If Mourinho thought Luis was not good enough, then a new LB was a priority. You don't left priority signings for the end of the window. Azi performance today was so poor, Mourinho needed to use Zouma in that position.

2- You have a team with Fabregas, Hazard and Oscar, but for some reason the players are using long throw ins like Stoke City.

3- Again Ivanovic as an undisputed RB. Not sure how many of his crosses could not even pass the first defender. He offers 0 when the team is attacking. Full backs are usually under-looked, but easily one of the most important roles of the game. This team is far from superb in that aspect.

About the game today:

.Bad performance from Hazard. Disappeared for the whole game, and missed what was supposed to be an easy goal.

.Oscar was easily the best player. Created chances and really improved the team in the final third.
.Too early to judge Falcao, but looked exactly that same United player who spend most of his playing time committing attacking fouls. Nothing wrong with his ball control as some people were saying.

Weeks ago I said Arsenal were my favorites to win the PL this season. They were the best team for 2nd leg of season, scored mored points than any other team and made some important moves in the market. Our squad lacks depth and playing style became really predictable. Its not a good sign when Zouma and Moses is your answer when things are not really well.

Willian's performance today showed exactly what's wrong with him. He is just not good enough, when he plays decent he still can't carry the team like Hazard, Oscar, Mata(used to do) Willian will never be good enough for Madrid, Bayern, Barca. His a jack of no trades he has never had 10 assists or goals in a season in his career even when playing in a shitty leave like Ukraine. If you want to see how not good enough he is you you just had to watch Brazil this last summer

I agree 100%

I'm not directing this at you specifically - I don't blame you, it's contagious these days at TC. It's just that the main perpetrators are on my ignore list so I couldn't direct it anywhere else! :D