Arsenal 1-0 Chelsea

Jase

Man of the Match  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

It'll all come together. :rolleyes:

If we lose to City, don't worry "it'll all come together". No, it fucking won't.

Today was our first team. No kids. And Wenger gave us a huge taste of our own medicine today. Now Arsenal and its fans think they have Chelsea by their nose.

I'm not sold on Falcao, Costa keeps getting injured, Remy playing like he forgot the simple BASICS of being a striker, Ramires BARELY showing creativity, Hazard going missing in games....

Dude, if ALL that happened only today then fine, I'll keep quiet. BUT THIS IS CONSTANT (except Remy, shocking from him today). I hated the way we played in the 2nd half of the season, and now that luck of getting 1-0 wins have suddenly disappeared.

And let's not forget, we sold Luis and Cech. Cech to THESE FUCKERS. Cech's presence stopped us from scoring today. We will lose to these fuckers AGAIN if Costa isn't fully fit the next time we play them.

A taste of our own medicine? In a friendly? You realize they beat City last year as well, and finished behind them still. This game means very little. Hazard was off, but it's early goings, he is a slow starter. Costa not playing was more of a precaution imo. And Cech made one decent save, far from world class. Tibo is much better than Cech.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is nothing new that we offered. Kinda expected result ...

Just about average and very predictable, just having more possession doesn't mean we were in control ... how many break did we get after so much possession? How many efforts on goals? Says it all ... Didn't like the approach towards the game ...

I understand still pre-season, less training, too much travel ... But then everyone has same level playing field and this is a competitive game whether we like it or not ...And we didn't play like Champions ...

Arsenal is adapting... It is a dangerous sign, as they have the team ... it has been their approach which was their pain area in the past. If they strategize properly and get a player or 2 more ... Feel they will start as favorites.

A very sad day, but better today than in May. And this defeat can make us to change our mind and, well, maybe we look at the market in a different way.

To be honest I do not think that we've had a horrible performance because we have had 3 or 4 four occasions to make a goal clearly (Hazard, Ramires ...) and in some moments of the match we could dominate almost the pace of the ball. But we did not get to have the helm of the game. And I do not know what happens to Fabregas, but without him it is impossible.

Arsenal really has been better than us today. It was not a huge difference, but enough to decide the trophy.

I hope that Roman can change the mind of Jose, because we need creative players. A creative midfielder (Koke style, for example) and / or an N.10 like KDB (but he not want to return with us). They are impossible, but we need someone of that profile.

But we must not be too worried. The season has just begun, and we lost the first game 1-0, with an absolutely unstoppable shot. We have been better in the second part (even we could have tied the result) than the first.

So there are some good things and some bad things today. For example, today Zouma has shown that he has to be indisputable in our starting eleven. As of now there are no excuses, Kurt must be absolutely indisputable. This guy can be a leader since the defense.

By the way, if Cuadrado does not play today with a tight result which requires players who can do dribbling, when he will do it ?. I do not understand his signing.

And maybe we must look to our youth. I do not want that RLC get lost along the way ...

To summarize, a very sad day, but we do not have to dramatize. This is not a catastrophe, it is a sad defeat in the first game of the season but maybe this defeat will help us in the future, in the market and to avoid absurd obsessions like "the whole season without losing a game."

Sad day, but one day to learn and improve. We are the champions of England for something (do not forget it).

GO BLUES!

chelseaheartapng.png

Regards to ALL.

- Annoyed that we have lost the unbeaten record against them/Wenger but that was going to be broken at some point. Better to lose it in some meaningless match than in the league or cup games.

- We basically got out Chelsea-ed by Arsenal - they scored through one moment of brilliance/poor defending and parked the bus for the rest of the time. We, on the other hand, saw plenty of the ball but did almost nothing with it. Created the 2 best chances of the match but Ramires and Hazard bottled them.

- Not going to overreact over a defeat in pre-season but hopefully it will tell Mourinho and/or the board we need 1-2 signings, like proper signings, in certain areas. Then again, he might just dismiss it as getting up to speed with preparing for the new season.

- Wenger - the football purist - parked the bus in a big game and won but doubt people will give him the same stick they gave to Mourinho after ditching their tiki-taka football for a more negative approach...

:mad: man f*ck Arsenal, damn it, we just had to lose today, hate losing to that lot, oh and Cech is dead to me, seeing him play for those c*nts is too much to take, say whatever you want and he made their defense much better, enjoy your gooner paradise :no: . Shame we didn´t win today, would have loved to start the season well by winning the CS, whatever, let Arse take this one, f*ck them, sorry for the rant, but i´m not impressed with the team, we lack intensity and urgency at crucial times, was today´s game not motivating enough? i mean it´s f*cking Arsenal, why give them the satisfaction, now we´ll not hear the end of it, expect those stupid Arsenal selfies after the game :doh: . Shambolic performance, maybe we do need 1 or 2 more quality signings, maybe i´m just being desperate and readind too much in to this game lol the players definetely need a kick up the arse and wake the f*ck up before the real games start, i´m out. Enjoy it while you can you gooner c*nts :mad:

http://i1378.photobucket.com/albums/ah85/GasmaskHeadHunter/SMILEYS/WE-HATE-GOONERS-Long_zpsuityooaq.gif

It doesnt matter that Courtois is better than Cech. We still made them so much better by selling Cech. It was a really terrible decision.

100% agree!, We may have a better keeper but CHELSEA have just given arsenal 15 points this season well pld who ever signed that off!!!!!!!!!

LOL "This game means very little". This is against ARSENAL. Stop pretending that this is a "little game with no purpose". Mourinho's record is finally broken because of this "little game".

And at least City have an excuse last season, when they played their second team.

Cech made one decent save? Listen to yourself. Doesn't that shock you? Cech ONLY managed to make one decent save throughout the game, while we can't find the back of the net. And I'm not arguing that Tibo is worse than Cech so don't bring that up.

I understand that, but this game isn't bigger than any PL game. We'll be fine, the finishing was poor. That is all.

No surprises today, we played like we always to vs bigger sides. People will say we weren't fit, which is true to some extent, but we have looked clueless all last season long in the final third against big teams failing to produce offense on a constant basis. It's sad that we manage almost no through balls and don't even get me started talking about our off-ball movement.

I agree, but i just don't think the difference in quality between teams was really that big, B. They did not give us a 'spanking'. They got the early goal, we chased and failed. This is what they implied. I might be called crazy, but i think we will be ready. Hence why i said, wait for the stats. It seems all to much panicking at this stage (but the CC isn't what makes my blood boil, its preseason).

Tibo did very well, looked the part. Im glad for that, we have errors but they our not new. Even knowing those we won the EPL. Lets talk again when we hit the EPL ground running. [emoji33]

people in this place love to moan... it became unbearable. It doesn't matter if it's a glorified friendly or not. If we lose or even draw depending against who, they come full force to say all the shit that suits them. If we play well or win, the post-match threads are quiet as funerals.

I have most of them on ignore, so except reading one poster or other answering to their never ending complaints, I'm relieved to know I filter out most of it.

people in this place love to moan... it became unbearable. It doesn't matter if it's a glorified friendly or not. If we lose or even draw depending against who, they come full force to say all the shit that suits them. If we play well or win, the post-match threads are quite as funerals.

I have most of them on ignore, so except reading one poster or other answering to their never ending complaints, I'm relieved to know I filter out most of it.

Well B, it fills me with joy you haven't blocked me. You know :halo::blush::D

Mourinho's record is finally broken because of this "little game".

Sorry to put this bluntly, but I don't really give 2 shits about Mourinho's record against Wenger!

38 League Games, 13 Champions League games and 10 FA Cup Games determine next season, not puny records!

Records come and go.. our trophies don't!

people in this place love to moan... it became unbearable. It doesn't matter if it's a glorified friendly or not. If we lose or even draw depending against who, they come full force to say all the shit that suits them. If we play well or win, the post-match threads are quite as funerals.

I need to start putting people on ignore (send me your ignore list please so I can copy it). I usually just leave the forum, becomes unbearable reading the match threads.

The list of this thread in the few hours to come...

Falcao is a cunt, Cesc is shit, Tibo is a poor Cech, Mourinho will be sacked after ten games and Hazard should be sold.

Welcome to TC

How about you actually start reading what's being posted instead of dismissing every criticism as BS?

Well B, it fills me with joy you haven't blocked me. You know :halo::blush::D

wouldn't dream of doing it. We had a few bad patches, but it's been long forgotten and forgiven. Definitely wouldn't do it for content motives, you're still one of the best posters around here ;)

I need to start putting people on ignore (send me your ignore list please so I can copy it). I usually just leave the forum, becomes unbearable reading the match threads.

it's a rather long one, but I assure you I'm not missing out anything.