Barcelona v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wednesday's match is very important for us. It is preseason and all that, but on Sunday we play against Arsenal the first final of the season, and this game can be a good test to see how our team is physically after more than 10 days of preseason.

In the first two games our players have had tired legs for physical work in these early days, but slowly they are arriving to a good physical condition. And maybe from now they will be able to offer a real performance.

Barcelona is a perfect team to evaluate our current state, even being in preseason, but appropriate equipment to prepare the match against Arsenal.

The Gunners have a loser mentality, especially Arsene Wenger, and they are afraid of us every time we played against them. That is why we can not allow ourselves to lose this final and to do that they could change their mentality. If we win this Final ... they will feel completely demoralized again, continuing his feeling of impotence / frustration about us.

About the match against Barcelona, Jose probably put a team mixing regular players with backups.

1. Defense. Ivanovic - Cahill - John Terry (c) - Azpilicueta. There is nothing to do, Zouma will not be in our starting eleven against Arsenal because Jose prefer the experience of Cahill for this kind of matches. Although I hope that Zouma start with John Terry (c) in the first match in Premier League on Saturday 8 August against Swansea City. One thing I think is important is to give rest to Azpilicueta because he is playing all the minutes.

2. Midfielder. Matic (as Rambo) - Oscar (as CM) - Fabregas (as playmaker). I think Jose has to give their trust to Oscar because he seems to be in a good moment and maybe this could be his season. And we can not only play with Fabregas as a player as creative CM. Oscar is not a creative player now, but he's better than Mikel for our midfielder.

For the match against Arsenal I would not rule out the possibility to see Zouma in midfield. Jose is unpredictable placing the bus.

3. Willian. He is an undisputed player to Jose (and also for many of us) as false right-winger with the ability to help in midfield. To play against Arsenal he will be key and indisputable. Although for the match against Barcelona perhaps Jose wants to use Moses in that position / role because he is doing a good preseason.

4. Hazard. Dude, you are perfect...

5. Diego Costa or Falcao. In the position of number 9 I'm not sure About what Jose is going to do. The other day Falcao played a few minutes and he gave a good feeling with his attitude and behavior. Maybe it is a good moment for Radamel may be in our starting eleven, and Diego Costa plays the second 45 minutes.

Courtois

Cahill John Terry ©

Please Jose, bet on Zouma

Ivanovic Azpilicueta

Oscar Matic

Fabregas

Willian Hazard

or Moses

Falcao

or Diego Costa

Obviously it will be a team with many changes throughout the 90 minutes, but I think these players could be more or less our spine on Wednesday.

We'll see what happens...
GO BLUES!

Regards to ALL.

I'd rather see a trio of Willian. Oscar, Matic in midfield rather than see Cesc be punished again at #10... The boy is made to play deep, than forward...

Otherwise agree. I hope Falcao scores.

It hasn't just worked for Fabregas when he plays 10 in the big games. He's very good in the pivot but I think he should play in the 4-3-3 midfield so that he has players around him.

Oscar - Fabregas - Matic In a midfield with 4 - 3-3 like Pogba - Pirlo - Vidal.

or like Barcelona:

Matic

Oscar Fabregas

Fabregas is not a pure N.10, and he does not feel comfortable in that position. So Oscar and Fabregas must to be continually rotating their position to get the ball from behind.

Regards.

Edited by supporter

That would be a dream come true if we could...

Just like City did for the last 2 years in the CL and getting rekt each time. If anything this is a game YOU SHOULD NOT play 2 strikers up top if we are serious about it.