• Ramires (sub)
    • Falcao (sub)
    • Remy (sub)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think people should look at this with the right eyes...

It's clear we need another midfielder as our bench players aren't slightly good enough to replace any of the titulars come a suspension or injury. That is a fact that few would contest.

We seem to be intended on using our academy players, but I don't think we have one for this specific position.

Second, winning, drawing, losing those games says absolutely NOTHING about our form, condition, status and chances as a team in the upcoming season, NOTHING AT ALL.

This is pre-season, we started training only two weeks ago, and while it may have been a bit more late than I would have liked, it is what it is.

When we had most of our first team players - which will remain the same from last season: Courtois, Iva, Cahill, JT, Azpili, Matic, Cesc, Oscar, Willian, Hazard and Costa, at least today, we looked very decent (except the defense, but then again JT wasn't there in the first).

José is hoping to make Zouma the new Luiz, which creates a further problem for our limited options in defense. We're good with Zouma as the immediate CB replacement, not as a MD. We really need a new guy there. I think Moses, Cuadrado, but especially Remy is enough to cope with the RW option. And we have plenty of talent in the AMs position in the academy if everything else fails.

I'd get two defenders (a LB and a CB), but above all a DM or at least a good box to box. We don't have a good enough in our squad and please, can someone go in a trance and actually make a bid for Mikel? If we're going with the one in one out policy, we desperately need someone to bid for him.

My thoughts exactly and I raised the Zouma thing a couple of weeks back and was shot down a bit :)

That's obviously why we are interested in Stones

The midfield part is baffling - I thought it was certainty that Mikel was off... :(

Well those reactions will continue , as long as mikel an ram keep turning out horrendous performances. We have a right to be concerned , if this is our plan b.

We should have finished the game first half. Oscar hit the bar and Costa missed a great chance. Cesar made a rare error by his standards but all in all this is pre-season and match sharpness was not 100% so thats understandable..

A win none the less to carry the confidence into Sunday.

Have added the MOTM poll...

I think maybe a blind poll where we can't check to see who people are voting for first would be a better idea. Didnt reflect my thoughts on the lads.

One of the big questions in my tiny mind is

WTF didn't Costa have his fuckin op in closed season???

Well those reactions will continue , as long as mikel an ram keep turning out horrendous performances. We have a right to be concerned , if this is our plan b.

There are plenty of whiny posts that aren't about Mikel/Ramires, it's seriously starting to annoy me. I don't understand why some of us are always so negative.