• Ramires (sub)
    • Falcao (sub)
    • Remy (sub)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think people should look at this with the right eyes...

It's clear we need another midfielder as our bench players aren't slightly good enough to replace any of the titulars come a suspension or injury. That is a fact that few would contest.

We seem to be intended on using our academy players, but I don't think we have one for this specific position.

Second, winning, drawing, losing those games says absolutely NOTHING about our form, condition, status and chances as a team in the upcoming season, NOTHING AT ALL.

This is pre-season, we started training only two weeks ago, and while it may have been a bit more late than I would have liked, it is what it is.

When we had most of our first team players - which will remain the same from last season: Courtois, Iva, Cahill, JT, Azpili, Matic, Cesc, Oscar, Willian, Hazard and Costa, at least today, we looked very decent (except the defense, but then again JT wasn't there in the first).

José is hoping to make Zouma the new Luiz, which creates a further problem for our limited options in defense. We're good with Zouma as the immediate CB replacement, not as a MD. We really need a new guy there. I think Moses, Cuadrado, but especially Remy is enough to cope with the RW option. And we have plenty of talent in the AMs position in the academy if everything else fails.

I'd get two defenders (a LB and a CB), but above all a DM or at least a good box to box. We don't have a good enough in our squad and please, can someone go in a trance and actually make a bid for Mikel? If we're going with the one in one out policy, we desperately need someone to bid for him.

Moses at least tries to dribble past his marker (alba is not easily beaten) he could claim that substitute role from cuadrado easily. He's a Mourinho type of player except the delivery of his crosses.

Agreed. If Moses can play as he has in the pre-season, I take him over Cuadrado and Mikel.

We should have bought cabaye as a substitute for when fabregas isn't playing. Big mistake imo not to sign a technical, creative midfield player on the bench.

Moses at least tries to dribble past his marker (alba is not easily beaten) he could claim that substitute role from cuadrado easily. He's a Mourinho type of player except the delivery of his crosses.

Cabaye already spent 2 seasons on the bench at PSG. A club he so wanted to join and he rarely got played. He was not going to settle for that again, hence why he went to Crystal Palace where he is guaranteed starts.

We have no depth, one or two of the squad players can fill in for one game with no issue but beyond that were be back to the problems we were plagued with through our transition.

That's why Jose goes "boring" sometimes, because he likes a settled Xl we can't go hammer and tongs at it every week.

We have no depth, one or two of the squad players can fill in for one game with no issue but beyond that were be back to the problems we were plagued with through our transition.

That's why Jose goes "boring" sometimes, because he likes a settled Xl we can't go hammer and tongs at it every week.

This is a good point. I think our first XI is the strongest in English football but apart from GK & CF we're below average everywhere else. Arsenal, United & City all have better depth than us.

If one of Oscar, Cesc, Matic & Hazard get hurt or lose form the replacement is going to be a liability.

This is the downside to selling the likes of Mata, KDB & Luiz.

This is a good point. I think our first XI is the strongest in English football but apart from GK & CF we're below average everywhere else. Arsenal, United & City all have better depth than us.

If one of Oscar, Cesc, Matic & Hazard get hurt or lose form the replacement is going to be a liability.

Oscar is not one of our best players. I don't understand why you categorize him in the same boat as Fabregas, Matic and Hazard. Fabregas was quality for us last season on a whole despite struggling a bit more in the second half of the season. Matic is one of our most consistent players and arguably one of the most important if not. Hazard was consistently quality for us. Oscar will come good but he has not been quality. He already lost form. Willian imo is more of a key player for us than Oscar. I get you like him mate but he has not earned that status yet of being a key player. He is a good player but he has lost form for the last 2 seasons and on the other hand like I said he has glimpses of brilliance. If you add Oscar there, Willian should be there.

And to twist it a bit more, if Oscar produces for us on a consistent basis and we get more goals from Willian we will be very good.

Van Ginkel or Pašalić are better than Ramires and Mikel. I am tired of them ... can't even pass on top level of fotball, it's a disgrace.

Traore and Kenedy ... great future ahead of those two guys :worship:

Oscar is not one of our best players. I don't understand why you categorize him in the same boat as Fabregas, Matic and Hazard. Fabregas was quality for us last season on a whole despite struggling a bit more in the second half of the season. Matic is one of our most consistent players and arguably one of the most important if not. Hazard was consistently quality for us. Oscar will come good but he has not been quality. He already lost form. Willian imo is more of a key player for us than Oscar. I get you like him mate but he has not earned that status yet of being a key player. He is a good player but he has lost form for the last 2 seasons and on the other hand like I said he has glimpses of brilliance. If you add Oscar there, Willian should be there.

And to twist it a bit more, if Oscar produces for us on a consistent basis and we get more goals from Willian we will be very good.

Oscar is not our key player, he doesn't even play every important match ;)

This is the downside to selling the likes of Mata, KDB & Luiz.

That's why I would welcome Stones, Witsel and Pedro with open arms, the wing positions are the most alarming right now, injuries to Hazard and Willian at the Same time and we are stuck with Cuadrado and Moses, throw an injury or suspension to Matic in the mix and is the line up we would field in that circumstance much better than the team that finished 6th in 2012? Its a very thin line were treading.

Eva and co need to pamper the first Xl and then some.

Wait so the guy who predicted a 1-3 loss in the pre match thread with the ominous proclamation that Messi would finally score (oh so kindly dropped to a 0-2 loss when it was pointed out Messi won't be playing), turns around and calls this a "meaningless result achieved at great cost" when said Nostradamusisms failed.

You couldn't make it up.

Jose: 'Cahill has a chance of a broken nose, maybe yes, maybe no. Diego felt a thing in his hamstring, but we have to wait.'

Jose on transfers: 'The board knows what we want, what we need and who we'd like to keep. After that it's the financial point of view and I never want to get involved in that side of it.'

Jose on transfers: 'The board knows what we want, what we need and who we'd like to keep. After that it's the financial point of view and I never want to get involved in that side of it.'

Does this mean he's looking to buy someone????