• Ramires (sub)
    • Falcao (sub)
    • Remy (sub)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Meaningless win at terrible cost, Costa looking at a few weeks out, Cahill probably broken his nose. Suddenly we are looking at Remy or Falcao starting against Arsenal and the fear that we will go into the new season with an injury prone Costa who looks permanently damaged.

2nd half was stupid.. Ramires and Mikel in midfield, that was hard to watch.

If the team play against Arsenal like how they played the first half I think we have a great chance of winning.

Really hope Costa's injury is nothing serious :(

But good news! Messi still can't score against Chelsea!

Get the win.

Winning a friendly game was the job? on penalties?

Friendly games goal is to prepare the team, getting game time for the players, so they'll be sharp for the season, nobody - except some weird fans apparently - care about who wins those matches.

I'm pretty worried for next season.... Why? We can't seem to win games at the moment, our team hasn't changed much from last season and we seem to draw or win on Pens which we won't get much of in the next season as we only got 3-4 last season alone.

We should have bought cabaye as a substitute for when fabregas isn't playing. Big mistake imo not to sign a technical, creative midfield player on the bench.

Moses at least tries to dribble past his marker (alba is not easily beaten) he could claim that substitute role from cuadrado easily. He's a Mourinho type of player except the delivery of his crosses.

Winning a friendly game was the job? on penalties?

Friendly games goal is to prepare the team, getting game time for the players, so they'll be sharp for the season, nobody - except some weird fans apparently - care about who wins those matches.

You're right. It would have been better if Barca had actually destroyed us in the second half, as long as Mikel and Ramires are in tip top shape for the rest of the season.

I dont really care who we sign for the midfield - as long as he is better than Mikel I'm fine with it. We need someone to deliver if Cesc or Matic is out with an injury or something like that.

And then a new left back obviously.

We were poor in the second-half. One reason for this was Ramires' awful performance in the pivot, another was Fabregas again being given the 'opportunity' to display how unsuited he is to playing as a 'number 10' in our current team.

Our first-half was good/very good, but as Barcelona were using some of their worst/least experienced players during that period of the game, I'm not sure that we can take much from it.

An excellent pre-season work-out, though. I hope Costa's injury isn't too serious.

Well, pre-season or not, it was worth the two hour investment to watch. Entertaining match. Good to see most of the lads rounding into shape and I saw some good pace and effort in the first half.

FCB definitely owned the first 20-25 minutes of the second half, but thought we scrapped back into it the final 20 minutes. There were a couple of good looks that did not get in. Ramires????

For pre-season friendlies, thought matches against PSG and FCB helped push our preparedness for this coming Sunday. Much better than playing middling Asian all-star squads or third rate eastern European clubs.

I echo the thoughts of many that we have little depth for a long grueling PL and UCL campaign, along with the other competitions. We need a bigger rotation. I am really concerned about depth on the back line. Need Stones.

Would you keep Moses at this point over Mikel? I think yes.

Though Fiorentina is a friendly wedged between Arsenal and Swansea, its game on from here forward.

Come on you Chelsea!! :blue scalf: :blue scalf: