• Courtois (sub)
    • Ramires (sub)
    • Zouma (sub)
    • Falcao (sub)
    • Remy (sub)
    • Willian (sub)
    • Oscar (sub)
    • Cuadrado (sub)

Errr how came our invincible defence from last season turns like this?

Btw, I was angered by Aurier's challenge on Costa, it was like he's on a killing mission to him :shoot:, and Jose's reaction to the challenge was unbelievable, he immediately running down the side of the pitch like a thug wants to save his bro' in a street fight :Goober:

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Post match threads around here are getting boring. It's always either sack Jose/the board or sell Mikel/Oscar. Let's have a bit more creativity, guys! :lol:

As was the case with the first match, obviously result and performance don't matter in the slightest. To the people trying to analyze individual performances, I give you the German Messi:

What actually matters of course is the fitness and physical conditions of the players. I'm just about to start watching the rerun, but I reckon we'll need at least 2-3 more matches before we're even remotely physically ready for the new season.

Much, much better in the 2nd half. Back four was a trainwreck with Cahill on the pitch, don't know what's happened in the 2nd half, if it was PSG who got tired, or Chelsea that has pressed higher up the pitch, but defence look damn good when Zouma came in.

Falcao will come good. Voted Begovic for MOTM, Chelsea could have been at least three goals down if it wasn't for his saves. And Thibo... take a bow son :D

Our performance from the 60th minute on shouldn't detract from the one before that. Pre season should be used not only to gain fitness but to try out/experiment with new implementations and ideas. So to park the bus in pre season against any team for that matter is pathetic. And if this will be our approach in virtually all the big games again next season, we will once again be found out in Europe. There should be an evolution and progress all round next season. that's the aim of any team with big ambition and relying on an outdated tactic of parking the bus is not evolution.

why pena shoots? Lol... its knock out?...

Actually that was the way the MLS was played a few years ago, no draws, penalties to settle.

Furthermore, in this competition, it's 3 points for the winner on regular time, 0 for the loser, 2 points for the winner if penaltys and 1 point for the loser.

Our performance from the 60th minute on shouldn't detract from the one before that. Pre season should be used not only to gain fitness but to try out, experiment with new implementation and ideas. To park the bus in pre season against any team is pathetic. And if this will be our approach in virtually all the big games again next season, we will once again be found out in Europe.

I have been reading all day that we parked the bus but I don't believe it's true, I think their midfield was just miles better in preparation than us, which includes an excellent Verratti btw.

As soon as they were tired and we got a couple of fresh legs, we were the better side, works the other way round.

As for experimenting ideas, I think we pretty much did that with Remy on the left, and especially that 4-3-3 with Ramires-Oscar-Willian.

I don't know what to think of this Barizileiro midfield, I still sense it would fall short physically as Matic is probably our most important player with Eden, but then again, Oscar, Willian and Ramires' work rate is decent.

What I'd definitely would hope to see is Willian and Oscar playing more on CM, alongside Matic when Cesc is tired/injured.

I didn't see antthing from guadrado at all.

Still no idea why we spend 30+ for him.

I don't see how we're going to get any more than £15m for Cuadrado if we sell him now, so I wouldn't be surprised if he stayed the season with Mourinho hoping to give him more game time and thus improve his performances. That way we can recoup at least 60-70% of his transfer fee.

If we had not have played so well in the last 30 mins this thread would have double, maybe triple the pages. All moaning bitches complaining as per usual, blah, blah fucking blah.

'This is a match where we are not obsessed with the result, we just want to train' Jose Mourinho.

Proves my fucking point from the pre-match thread. The result isn't that important. Pre-season is not about free flowing beautiful football. Players on top form, etc. Stop moaning about it you bunch of miserable bastards!!

I don't know how Moses being good is a surprise. Maybe it's the whole grass is greener on the other side mentality etc. finally shaking off.

He was great for us in Europe when he was here before, he was dependable in every competition, and then he went to Stoke and played consistently as an integral player - so obviously he's going to come back even better. Idk what people expected.

I have been reading all day that we parked the bus but I don't believe it's true, I think their midfield was just miles better in preparation than us, which includes an excellent Verratti btw.

As soon as they were tired and we got a couple of fresh legs, we were the better side, works the other way round.

As for experimenting ideas, I think we pretty much did that with Remy on the left, and especially that 4-3-3 with Ramires-Oscar-Willian.

I don't know what to think of this Barizileiro midfield, I still sense it would fall short physically as Matic is probably our most important player with Eden, but then again, Oscar, Willian and Ramires' work rate is decent.

What I'd definitely would hope to see is Willian and Oscar playing more on CM, alongside Matic when Cesc is tired/injured.

The reason why the midfield 3 of Oscar, Willian and ramires worked well is because they were more mobile and faster compared to the firsthalf (Matic-Mikel-Fabregas) so so slow....

It was easier for us to press and cover space with the 2nd half midfield.

If we are a team that holds all the possession in the big games, then a very slow midfield can be managed. But we mostly press the opponent, so a more mobile midfield should be what we should be aiming for.