• Courtois (sub)
    • Ramires (sub)
    • Zouma (sub)
    • Falcao (sub)
    • Remy (sub)
    • Willian (sub)
    • Oscar (sub)
    • Cuadrado (sub)

In the match thread I've seen more paranoia than I did in the last legit CL tie against the same team. With all my love to the paranoid bunch, I'd like to say: Learn to calm the fuck down and get your shit together.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Erm ok so lesson learned no Mikel-Matic, Moses is better than we thought, Zoum Zoum is the man to partner JT this season, Courtois should take more pens, Falcao is actually pretty good, Oscar is good deep, and Remy-Falcao is pretty formidable!

Most important is no mikel-Matic, too slow. Box to box fast technical midfielder needed.

2nd is we have to press, if we don't know how to hold the ball under pressure then we have to put the opponent under pressure too instead of sitting back. Having none of them is unacceptable.

3rd is 4-3-3 >>>> 4-2-3-1 against big teams.

Most important is no mikel-Matic, too slow. Box to box fast technical midfielder needed.

2nd is we have to press, if we don't know how to hold the ball under pressure then we have to put the opponent under pressure too instead of sitting back. Having none of them is unacceptable.

3rd is 4-3-3 >>>> 4-2-3-1 against big teams.

Just play Oscar there.

Cesc must also play deep, he is simply awful at number 10, maybe a diamond formation would be better in normal games: IE,

-Norm back 5 -

Matic

Cesc Oscar

Willian/Hazard

Falcao/Hazard-Costa/Remy

This is sorta great and all but please Mourinho, ask me this question:

Why do we still have Mikel?

To be the perfectly capable DM that he is, as a second choice to Matic. Why get rid? He's solid. He gets far more stick than he deserves because he's not a glamour player.

First half was very frustrating to watch. We just cant play Mikel. Simple as that. I dont know what more Jose needs to see so he could understand we need a CM. Ramires is also not my favorite but at least he brings his dynamicism to the midfield.

We have a problem with our defenders, Azpi and Cahill are terrible with the ball, Terry is ok but cant dribble past a tree, Ivanovic is just not smart. Also their mindset is just so negative. I guess Stones could bring something else if he comes but its not enough, Baba looks to have a nice touch but he wont be a starter. So i guess this issue will continue to hurt us in keeping the ball.

From the 60 minutes mark it looked better, but there's a lot of work for Jose so we could improve in those games against quality sides. We just cant look like we did in the first half.

With the current squad, my hope is that Jose wants to rely on the core of Matic-Cesc-Oscar-Willian-Hazard, and make this side press and move quickly like we did in the first half of last season, that should be our way with this squad, not only when we're clearly the superior side, but also in those big games, unlike last season we should aim to express this style in all/most games. With Ramires also taking part in some games when needed. But hopefully, somehow, also a new CM who can play the ball and keep it well. Possibly a box-to-box CM, not so sure a guy like Witsel will fit. Maybe Aranguiz.

You cannot ignore his mistake which led to the goal.

You're right, let's sell him...

A mistake in a nothing pre-season game having played a handful of minutes. Imagine.

What about all those years of service where he's done the dirty work, well, and hardly had a good word said about him? The guy gets nowt but grief yet every manager who has come, and subsequently gone, through the door has seen fit to keep him.

You're right, let's sell him...

A mistake in a nothing pre-season game having played a handful of minutes. Imagine.

What about all those years of service where he's done the dirty work, well, and hardly had a good word said about him? The guy gets nowt but grief yet every manager who has come, and subsequently gone, through the door has seen fit to keep him.

He is a good second choice but he cannot play next to Matic. That is my point.

Honestly, Verrati shits on cesc as a cm....

Verrati may be a midget, but like messi and hazard, verrati is really good holding the ball up, getting fouls and dribbling.... Only midfields better than psg is probably healthy munich and a healthy madrid.....

Enjoyed the match. First time being able to take whole family. A little harder to do in my trips to the Bridge (lol).

Much better effort tonight. Still rusty and lots to work on as expected but effort good. Especially considering the team landed in Charlotte 3 hours prior to kickoff. Surprised they didn't stay Friday night in Charlotte instead of Montreal.

I echo what others have posted. I liked what I saw from Remy and Falcao together. Willian was refreshing to see and needed. Cuadrado is fast but.......

All and all, a good night in the Queen City of Charlotte. 61,000 in attendance.

Come on you Chelsea!!