BlueLion.

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If De Gea leaves untied then they have missed a treat with this guy

It's funny how Victor Valdes has been overlooked in all of this. He makes mistakes but he's probably decent enough to replace De Gea, especially when there doesn't seem to be a lot of good options out there right now.

People have mentioned a lot that Begovic fills the HG quota/spot for the Premier League but not this...

Begovic started his career in England with Portsmouth in 2003 as a teenager and qualifies as homegrown in terms of the Premier League and association-trained for the Champions League.

Won't take up the foreign spot in the Champions League squad too.

Well as good as he undoubtably is and brilliant for us to have as a #2, I'm not convinced he will be #1 for any of the top clubs in Europe (i.e. ones who can pull of the CL without it being an epic fluke show), I'm going to be controversial here but I had the same opinion with Cudicini (I felt the Italian was partial to costly mistakes, in fact in the two years leading up to him being dropped for Pete he made bad errors at Old Trafford and Highbury both season's that lost us points, I'm not saying he wasn't great for us because he was, but that side of his game was always going to count against him in battle with Petr, or any cream of the crop keeper).

I think he (back to Asmir now) just fancied a shot at the top even as a number 2, and if he wins medals then wants to return to being a first choice somewhere at 30, he can do that with many years ahead of him

I agree with you. Many here seem to rate him very, very highly but I don't think he's that good. He has amazing reflexes, which allows him to truly shine at times, but he's not a great GK imo. Courtois beats him very easily, no doubt.

I like how both Courtois and Begovic almost touch the maximum height for footballers btw.

hey guys. don't you think that now we have Begovic from Stoke. he will share his secrets and knowledge to the CFC players and CFC management staff on how they Stoke operate and play and how their training sessions plans/strategies that Stoke use.

hey guys. don't you think that now we have Begovic from Stoke. he will share his secrets and knowledge to the CFC players and CFC management staff on how they Stoke operate and play and how their training sessions plans/strategies that Stoke use.

Yeah this will come in handy, Stoke is one of Europe's giants, Chelsea is winless against them in almost 80 years.

Yeah this will come in handy, Stoke is one of Europe's giants, Chelsea is winless against them in almost 80 years.

Don't forget we'll get insights from Moses too. Chelsea will finally become a top European force.

Courtois should have been given the number 1 shirt.

And Terry should get 2 or 3 or 4 or sth 15 years ago, but he made history with #26 which will associate with Terry forever and Im actualy happy.

Number makes no player a legendary, but players make numbers legendary. Tibo will stick to his choice and make history in it hopefuly.

I think you're doing Asmir a disservice there! Courtois isn't that much better than Asmir, who is one of the top goalkeepers in the PL. But I take your point, Mourinho has his favourites and the minute he chose Thibaut as number 1 over Cech twelve months ago was the minute he became an untouchable. My point, however, is that if Begovic gets a chance, people will be pleasantly surprised how brilliant he is.

Not at all! He is great, i believe he could easily replace De Gea and Joe Hart. But, Tibo is the second best gk in the world! While he isn't much better than Begovic, he is netter and he that talent could be the difference between a draw and win.

Courtois should have been given the number 1 shirt.

Let's not start this again. He's worn 13 at least since he joined Atletico (and unless I'm mistaken, also in his last season in Genk), why would he change now?

And Terry should get 2 or 3 or 4 or sth 15 years ago, but he made history with #26 which will associate with Terry forever and Im actualy happy.

Number makes no player a legendary, but players make numbers legendary. Tibo will stick to his choice and make history in it hopefuly.

That doesn't really apply to GKs. Goalies always wear #1, even in modern times with outfield players going bonkers and wearing such numbers as 77 or something.

From a branding POV, having your #1 goalie wear that number would have been far more intelligent.

That doesn't really apply to GKs. Goalies always wear #1, even in modern times with outfield players going bonkers and wearing such numbers as 77 or something.

From a branding POV, having your #1 goalie wear that number would have been far more intelligent.

If Tibo becomes best GK in world, it wont matter what the number on back is as long its Courtois name on kit.

In the end if Tibo has preference for #13 and feels more confident, I wouldnt stick him #1 just because its more trendable. First and foremost his form is all that matters and if he does his job, no one will care what number he has.

Whatever floats his boat...