test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BlueLion.

Asmir Begovic

Started by BlueLion.,

355 posts in this topic

Yeah this will come in handy, Stoke is one of Europe's giants, Chelsea is winless against them in almost 80 years.

Don't forget we'll get insights from Moses too. Chelsea will finally become a top European force.

iseah100 and petre.ispirescu like this

The English this fella speaks :worship::worship:

Worth signing him just to teach it to some of our players :D

Well, he did spend the majority of his youth in Canada :P

Courtois should have been given the number 1 shirt.

And Terry should get 2 or 3 or 4 or sth 15 years ago, but he made history with #26 which will associate with Terry forever and Im actualy happy.

Number makes no player a legendary, but players make numbers legendary. Tibo will stick to his choice and make history in it hopefuly.

I agree, but it seems he insisted on having 13. Fine by me, reminds me less of Cech anyway.
iseah100 likes this

I think you're doing Asmir a disservice there! Courtois isn't that much better than Asmir, who is one of the top goalkeepers in the PL. But I take your point, Mourinho has his favourites and the minute he chose Thibaut as number 1 over Cech twelve months ago was the minute he became an untouchable. My point, however, is that if Begovic gets a chance, people will be pleasantly surprised how brilliant he is.

Not at all! He is great, i believe he could easily replace De Gea and Joe Hart. But, Tibo is the second best gk in the world! While he isn't much better than Begovic, he is netter and he that talent could be the difference between a draw and win.

BlueLion. likes this

Let's not start this again. He's worn 13 at least since he joined Atletico (and unless I'm mistaken, also in his last season in Genk), why would he change now?

For me 13 will always be Ballack's :wub:

Until Tibo becomes legendary, which then it won't always be Ballack's...

And Terry should get 2 or 3 or 4 or sth 15 years ago, but he made history with #26 which will associate with Terry forever and Im actualy happy.

Number makes no player a legendary, but players make numbers legendary. Tibo will stick to his choice and make history in it hopefuly.

That doesn't really apply to GKs. Goalies always wear #1, even in modern times with outfield players going bonkers and wearing such numbers as 77 or something.

From a branding POV, having your #1 goalie wear that number would have been far more intelligent.

That doesn't really apply to GKs. Goalies always wear #1, even in modern times with outfield players going bonkers and wearing such numbers as 77 or something.

From a branding POV, having your #1 goalie wear that number would have been far more intelligent.

If Tibo becomes best GK in world, it wont matter what the number on back is as long its Courtois name on kit.

In the end if Tibo has preference for #13 and feels more confident, I wouldnt stick him #1 just because its more trendable. First and foremost his form is all that matters and if he does his job, no one will care what number he has.

Whatever floats his boat...

I still don't see why he can't become first choice. Thibo will obviously be first choice to start with, but performances will be the deciding factor. It's far from a forgone conclusion.

Loooooooooooooooooooooooooool conceding 4 goals on his unoffical debut

The goals are not even the issue. His play has been terrible. Even before we let a goal in he is coming out and trying to flap over Zouma who had completely beat some 5 ft teenage striker on the other side with a jump...just poor.

Early times though.

The goals are not even the issue. His play has been terrible. Even before we let a goal in he is coming out and trying to flap over Zouma who had completely beat some 5 ft teenage striker on the other side with a jump...just poor.

Early times though.

Hopefully it is just nerve or we might need to pray Courtois never ever get injured.

I still don't see why he can't become first choice. Thibo will obviously be first choice to start with, but performances will be the deciding factor. It's far from a forgone conclusion.

45 mins into his 1st game, yep it is a conclusion.

45 mins into his 1st game, yep it is a conclusion.

LOL! Have you seen the defence ahead of him?

They've almost been just as bad.