test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BlueLion.

Asmir Begovic

Started by BlueLion.,

355 posts in this topic

On 13 July 2015, Chelsea signed Begović on a four-year deal for a fee of £8 million. As part of the deal Chelsea also offered midfielder Marco van Ginkel in part exchange to Stoke on loan for the 201516 season.

He made his debut nine days later on Chelsea's pre-season tour, coming on at half time for Thibaut Courtois with Chelsea 10 up against the New York Red Bulls, but the match ended in a 24 defeat. Manager José Mourinho defended Begović's performance, attributing it to fatigue. His first competitive fixture was the 2015 FA Community Shield on 2 August at Wembley Stadium, in which he was unused in a 10 loss to rivals Arsenal. Six days later he came on as a substitute for Oscar when Courtois was sent off for conceding a penalty with a foul on Bafétimbi Gomis, who converted it for a 22 draw. On 16 August, Begović made his first competitive start for Chelsea in a 30 away loss to Manchester City.

Click here to view the record

mediator and Blue Armour like this

I am very happy to be joining @chelseafc After speaking at length to the manager, I feel like I can develop here...

....and be an important part of this team. I am looking forward to meeting up with the team on Wednesday for the pre-season tour.’

Excellent piece of business. Simply the best back up in the league at the moment.

Hopefully our transfer window picks up now.

Fantastic signing! Easily the best back up in the league! Surely he must be promised to play the cup games.

I'm Very Happy with This.

Welcome Asmir Begovic.

Welcome All The New Chelsea FC Fans from Bosnia and Herzegovina.

Following Asmir Begovic to CFC.

Very happy with this signing.

It will keep Courtois on his toes and will provide more than adequate cover for cup games/games where Courtois is injured.

Welcome :D