Asmir Begovic

BlueLion.

The way some of you here react to Begovic making mistakes is no different to when Courtois makes his. When one commits an error, people instantly crave for the other goalkeeper to return. So predictable. Sure, Courtois will probably be a great keeper down the road but on current form - even the most ardent Courtois supporters can't deny this - they are both pretty much the same. They both have had their good and bad moments this season and it's hard to have total trust on either of them and before people really start getting onto Begovic's back, maybe you should remember of the saves he pulled off yesterday, like the one against Sturridge. Could have easily conceded earlier if it hadn't been for him.

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Jason said:

The way some of you here react to Begovic making mistakes is no different to when Courtois makes his. When one commits an error, people instantly crave for the other goalkeeper to return. So predictable. Sure, Courtois will probably be a great keeper down the road but on current form - even the most ardent Courtois supporters can't deny this - they are both pretty much the same. They both have had their good and bad moments this season and it's hard to have total trust on either of them and before people really start getting onto Begovic's back, maybe you should remember of the saves he pulled off yesterday, like the one against Sturridge. Could have easily conceded earlier if it hadn't been for him.

If we hypothetically had prime Ashley Cole here now, and he was having an not so great campaign after 5 world class years, would we be demanding he is dropped for an unproven Baba who is also hardly lighting up the world?

I alluded earlier that you can't really critisise Begovic for his mistakes pre se, purely because he wouldn't be second choice if he was world class and its not like he looks like he's sabotaging us like Turnbull was, the only reason I bring it up is because people think he's good enough to be number one, I remember kopping a lot of stick this time last year for saying Remy would never be better than a squad option, fast forward a year and nearly everyone now thinks that.

I think it's more down to the fact we literally had no squad depth between 2010-2012 because since then any reliable squad player fans have got giddy and started thinking they are good enough to start regularly, Begovic this year, Remy last year, Bertrand and Moses before that, even Schwarzer was being hailed as capable of seriously pushing Cech. I can't recall anyone being as desperate for the likes of Belletti and Kalou to turn into regulars.

On 12/05/2016 at 2:05 AM, Tomo said:

He shares a problem with Remy and that is neither are good enough to be anything other than squad players.

They have both at various times filled in and did good jobs which gave some sort of false illusion to some that they were good enough to start regularly.

And who the hell expect them to be starters? They're good back up players, period. Who has a better back up GK than Begovic? And how many teams have a better back up striker than Remy?

Begovic: "The CL is very important. That’s one of the reasons I came here. Our goal has to be to get back where we belong.“ [Mirror]

Begovic: "I came here to help be part of a successful team and win trophies. That’s what I want to do and we will see.“ [Mirror]

Begovic: "I'm not thinking about moving on. When the new manager comes, I hope decisions will be made and we can go from there.“ [Mirror]

Begovic: "What the options are and what will happen, I don’t know. My goal is to be playing at #Chelsea and to help contribute.“ [Mirror]

Begovic: "I'd love to stay, but sometimes the decision is out of your hands. It’s been a good first year, I reached a new level.“ [Mirror]

Begovic: "I wanted to play for a really big club and have to cope with the expectation. You learn a lot right away.“ [Mirror]

Begovic: "Christophe Lollichon was one of the reasons I wanted to come here from his reputation and what he has done before.“ [Mirror]

Begovic: "I was very happy at Stoke and it would have been an easy option to stay there but I wanted the challenge.“ [Mirror]

Begovic: "Those things alone have made the decision I made to move to #Chelsea worthwhile and worth taking on.“ [Mirror]

Asmir Begovic:Antonio Conte one of the world’s best

Chelsea goalkeeper Asmir Begovic has told Football Italia he has already been impressed by the incoming manager Antonio Conte, as the Italian is set to take over at the Blues after this summer’s Euro 2016.The current Azzurri coach has already become familiar with his future club after visiting Cobham training ground and holding intensive private talks with some of the team’s players.

The Bosnia and Herzegovina international was pleased on how things have progressed with the manager, and says the future seems bright for the West London side.He seems like a good man – his managerial skills, he is one of the world’s best. He spoke in English. The chat we had was good English,” Begovic told The Mirror newspaper.With the club and everything going forward it is a big summer. We need to recharge for next season.We have goalkeeper Marco Amelia at Chelsea, who knows him and he says he is a hard worker with discipline and structure.
Despite the goalkeeper has been linked with a move away from the club, he denies to be considering a transfer at this time, and is hopeful of helping the team out to regain their place in the Europe’s elite competition.

It will be an interesting summer. I am not thinking about moving on. When the new manager comes then I hope decisions will be made and then we can go from there.The Champions League is very important. That’s one of the reasons I came here. Our goal has to be to get back into a completion where we belong.I came here to help be part of a successful team and win trophies. That’s what I want to do and we will see what the new manager brings and the decisions he makes.

chelsea-news.co

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

in the first 10 Minutes of talkSPORT Weekends Sports Breakfast on Sunday Morning

Micky Quinn said Man City should go for Asmir Begovic to replace Joe Hart.

I still do not know who at Chelsea saw something in Begovic as a Good enough Keeper for Chelsea.

8 hours ago, KevinAshburner said:

I still do not know who at Chelsea saw something in Begovic as a Good enough Keeper for Chelsea.

As a back up, at the time, it made perfect sense. It's not like Begovic was shit come his Stoke days, we in fact tried to sign him in 2010 before we had Courtois from Genk. 

He's certainly more capable than Turnbull or Hilario, days when they were filling in for Cech was far too unbearable & embarrassing. So I'm far happier with Begovic tbh.

9 hours ago, KevinAshburner said:

in the first 10 Minutes of talkSPORT Weekends Sports Breakfast on Sunday Morning

Micky Quinn said Man City should go for Asmir Begovic to replace Joe Hart.

Last season he was good enough for some to call for him to start over Courtois. He had some poor performances at the end of the season, but at the beginning, he was very good and helped keep the horrible run of matches from being worse.

9 hours ago, KevinAshburner said:

Who do you expect to be our backup? Neuer?

Outstanding goalkeepers don't go to sit on the bench. Cudicini, Hilario or Turnbull were all okay but obviously not as good as Cech. Bego is obviously not as good as Courtois.