Asmir Begovic

BlueLion.

On 13 July 2015, Chelsea signed Begović on a four-year deal for a fee of £8 million. As part of the deal Chelsea also offered midfielder Marco van Ginkel in part exchange to Stoke on loan for the 201516 season.

He made his debut nine days later on Chelsea's pre-season tour, coming on at half time for Thibaut Courtois with Chelsea 10 up against the New York Red Bulls, but the match ended in a 24 defeat. Manager José Mourinho defended Begović's performance, attributing it to fatigue. His first competitive fixture was the 2015 FA Community Shield on 2 August at Wembley Stadium, in which he was unused in a 10 loss to rivals Arsenal. Six days later he came on as a substitute for Oscar when Courtois was sent off for conceding a penalty with a foul on Bafétimbi Gomis, who converted it for a 22 draw. On 16 August, Begović made his first competitive start for Chelsea in a 30 away loss to Manchester City.

Click here to view the record

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am very happy to be joining @chelseafc After speaking at length to the manager, I feel like I can develop here...

....and be an important part of this team. I am looking forward to meeting up with the team on Wednesday for the pre-season tour.’